mini bar elite perk question

cibaygirls

Just a comment about exchanging your mini-bar for all water: The statement below is from the Princess web site. On my last two cruises I exchanged the mini-bar for all water. They say that it will consist of (8) 1.5 liter bottles. Well, they will only trade for the small bottles. The small bottles are 500ml each which makes them 1/3 the contents of the large bottles. To get the same amount of water they should give you 24 small bottles of water. They will only trade on a one for one basis giving you 20 bottles instead of the 24 bottles. This is a little less than the equivalent of 7 of the large bottles. This is not a very big deal, but I would appreciate it if Princess would print out the rules that they actually follow.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

I don't think I've ever heard that before. I always thought you could drink them wherever you wanted to.

The OP is planning on purchasing the AIBP so has no need of using the minibar outside the room. AIBP doesn't work for room service.

I believe they started marking the cards because people were leaving one punch on their cards to use forever for fresh brewed coffee, not because of them being sold on ebay. When I stay in a suite (which I did a month ago) and get 4 coffee cards I have no use for that many cards so have on occasion sold a few on ebay myself.

The only thing your mini bar could be useful for since you have the AIBP is trading it in for all water so you have them for port days when going ashore.

However, with the AIBP, you can pick up a water bottle from any bar anytime you want, so you have plenty to take ashore.

I trade for cognac and ginger ale, so we can drink them (not at the same time:)) in the room when we want. I usually take several bottles of cognac home after the cruise.

The OP is planning on purchasing the AIBP so has no need of using the minibar outside the room. AIBP doesn't work for room service.

That I realized but not consuming the Elite package outside the room I've never heard of. Who's to know what anyone has in their glass or where it came from.

Use the mini bar for in-room consumption. If you have leftovers just stick them in your checked luggage and they will travel home with you even if you have to fly.

That I realized but not consuming the Elite package outside the room I've never heard of. Who's to know what anyone has in their glass or where it came from.

I think you've misunderstood.

You can consume your Elite drinks in or out of your cabin.

Same for drinks from the AIBP.

However, room service is not part of the Beverage package.

You cannot have drinks delivered so people are suggesting you use the bottles from being Elite for in cabin consumption so you don't have to go out to a bar to get a drink.

You can also make yourself a drink in your cabin and take it wherever you want. (But if you have the AIBP why bother??)

I believe they started marking the cards because people were leaving one punch on their cards to use forever for fresh brewed coffee, not because of them being sold on ebay.

We are talking about two different things. Using one card for fresh brewed coffee for ever is certainly the reason that the ship and sailing number is put on the back of a newly activated coffee card.

I was trying to determine why they suddenly find it necessary (started 2016) to fill in the ship and sailing number on Elite minibar swap out coffee cards. They didn't do that before last year. They would let you activate the card on whatever sailing you wanted to. CC rep confirmed it is a new procedure. My guess was so that people wouldn't easily be able to sell them.

AE_Collector

Edited by AE_Collector
Proof reading what I wrote turned up a typo.

I believe they started marking the cards because people were leaving one punch on their cards to use forever for fresh brewed coffee, not because of them being sold on ebay.

Ever since the coffee cards with playing card images such as a Jack were discontinued, the unlimited coffee was limited to the voyage it was purchased for and was good on that voyage even if no unused punches remained.

I have forgotten ...do you call Room Service or House Keeping to do an exchange of mini bar items? Thanks

Room Service. I always tell them there is no rush. They are usually swamped the first couple of hours. By muster....it's done.

I was trying to determine why they suddenly find it necessary (started 2016) to fill in the ship and sailing number on Elite minibar swap out coffee cards. They didn't do that before last year. They would let you activate the card on whatever sailing you wanted to. CC rep confirmed it is a new procedure. My guess was so that people wouldn't easily be able to sell them.

AE_Collector

The mini bar swap out cards on the Regal in February were blank on the back

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I have been hoping that it was just a change in procedure that will die a natural death. As with most "rules", your experience may vary! Good to hear that it doesn't seem to be a fleet wide change in procedure. This was on Coral Princess last May.

AE_Collector

My cards on the Royal in January were blank also :)

Tony

Yea, the Royal doesn't like to mark them like the other ships. I save those & will use them last when I have to. Meanwhile I seem to be collecting a bunch faster than we can drink them....which is not all bad. :D

What a bummer they are putting the voyage on the coffee cards now. This is the first time I will be in a suite and can trade for the coffee cards. I already have a partial card so was hoping to save it for fresh brewed on a future cruise!!

Well, it is starting to sound as though it didn't catch on. When you call room service for the swap to coffee cards, ask if they can NOT put the ship and voyage on the cards.

AE_Collector

That was what I failed to ask while on the phone if they will allow it. I just noticed the writings at the back when the RS crew has left. Been used to no markings before. Next time.

Thanks so much everyone for the replies... I forgot the fact that the coffee cards work on the punch system for specialty coffees and in turn don't expire, that might be the route we go and save them for future cruises where we won't be purchasing the AIBP. I see several mini bottles of liquor just sitting around the house if we brought them home. So it will be coffee or a bottle of wine (for those moments when are just feeling a bit lazy and don't want to go walk alllllll the way to a bar for a drink ;)).