Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

40 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

This picture finally has the furniture on the midship S1's and S2's. At first look, it appears that they don't have the nice padded furniture shown in the renditions, but if you look closely at the top deck shown and go all the way to the right you can see a thick pad on that chair. The others may just not have the pads on them until guests are in the cabins.

image.thumb.png.5ee2d02ecc5e7df32130974bbda9a298.png

26 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Based on this angle this appears to be starboard side looking back towards the MC, so the cabins shown at the top closest to us would be Celebrity Suites. The deck below that would be S2s. If you notice the balconies appear bigger and the chairs look a little different plus the table looks bigger.

VT - Great find. Yes I see that chair with a cushion on the top right corner. However I think Wonderman is right. The S2s seem to have the same furniture like the IVs have. 

2 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

VT - Great find. Yes I see that chair with a cushion on the top right corner. However I think Wonderman is right. The S2s seem to have the same furniture like the IVs have. 

At least they look pretty comfortable. :classic_smile:

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We'll see - maybe the crew has brought some of the ubiquitous IV chairs out on the balconies to keep the real furniture clean/dry. We can only hope!  I don't think that people who have paid $12000 to book those suites will be happy with those seats....

I'll let you know on the 27th.

If the Celebrity Suites had those same type of chairs on their decks I’d believe that. One possibility though is maybe those chairs from the rendering were in the S1s? These are S2s that we are seeing in the photo. Maybe the S1s get slightly upgraded furnishings? That could explain the higher price for those cabins when some of them are in similar locations as S2s. Of course we also need to prepare for the fact that the cabins may not match the renderings exactly. As you say though all will be revealed very soon!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We'll see - maybe the crew has brought some of the ubiquitous IV chairs out on the balconies to keep the real furniture clean/dry. We can only hope!  I don't think that people who have paid $12000 to book those suites will be happy with those seats....

I'll let you know on the 27th.

I have to agree with the last part of what you said. Most who booked suites would expect more. Hope they are pleasantly surprised. 

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

At least these are nicely padded! 🙂

image.png.61f4f9b06a7233945d0ae8fdc960dc2d.png

Maybe we can use one of these pads if our balconies don't have the plush stuff :classic_smile:

But wait, VT you will have a one on one will LLP soon. Maybe you can address this and they will make the upgrade :classic_smile:

Just now, Tall-Cruiser said:

Maybe we can use one of these pads if our balconies don't have the plush stuff :classic_smile:

But wait, VT you will have a one on one will LLP soon. Maybe you can address this and they will make the upgrade :classic_smile:

Yes, I'm sure after meeting me, that she will want to give me a couple of nice chairs for the balcony. She'll probably give me her Iconic Suite chairs. 😉

Alright I am going to have a brat moment here, so please excuse me. The mock up Sky Suite video posted by a TA a few months ago, set up by X,  had the chairs that are in the rendering of the Sky Suite above. The white ones with the light blue cushions. While it will not ruin my cruise, I am going to be a little irritated if my Sky Suite doesn't have those chairs or something close to it. Using the chairs from the IV, is almost a complete 360 from the ones advertised.  If we have the IV chairs, I will be pulling my rocker out onto the balcony.  X you have been warned! lol 

Edited by Mcampo

3 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

Alright I am going to have a brat moment here, so please excuse me. The mock up Sky Suite video posted by a TA a few months ago, set up by X,  had the chairs that are in the rendering of the Sky Suite above. The white ones with the light blue cushions. While it will not ruin my cruise, I am going to be a little irritated if my Sky Suite doesn't have those chairs or something close to it. Using the chairs from the IV, is almost a complete 360 from the ones advertised.  

You make a valid point and argument. Lets see what the final product looks like. 

I agree that it would be totally different than the rendition, so disappointing (even though I know that often final plans change from the renditions). I won't be thrilled with the seating, if that's what we get, but will enjoy the suite life overall, I'm sure. I will put it aside for now and hope that they have our real chairs safely tucked inside for a couple of weeks from now. 🙂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

You make a valid point and argument. Lets see what the final product looks like. 

Hoping for the best but expecting the IV chairs....It will not be long now before we know for sure.. Either way Edge is going to be amazing. 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2018 at 11:24 PM, Mcampo said:

AQ has free access. But everyone can purchase a day pass or a week pass. There is not a promotion or discount for suites. Elite and above, do get one free day pass on a port day only. The  Day passes are not available online in the cruise planner but a week pass  is for an individual or couple. It is pricey at $399 plus 18% gratuity for a 7 day couple pass. We booked it because we were worried it might sell out given the Spa is new and has so much to offer. 

Very helpful. Thanks! Just one more question: if you buy the pass, does it provide unlimited access? It seemed to allow only for 15 minute prereserved appointment blocks, which seemed odd. We, too, are looking to purchase a pass. Thank you!

11 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

If the Celebrity Suites had those same type of chairs on their decks I’d believe that. One possibility though is maybe those chairs from the rendering were in the S1s? These are S2s that we are seeing in the photo. Maybe the S1s get slightly upgraded furnishings? That could explain the higher price for those cabins when some of them are in similar locations as S2s. Of course we also need to prepare for the fact that the cabins may not match the renderings exactly. As you say though all will be revealed very soon!

On other ships I have not seen a difference in the basic furnishings of different classes of Sky Suites.  Just location and size of balcony classify them.  The S1's with larger balconies sometimes get more outside furniture like a lounger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chicagomelinda said:

Very helpful. Thanks! Just one more question: if you buy the pass, does it provide unlimited access? It seemed to allow only for 15 minute prereserved appointment blocks, which seemed odd. We, too, are looking to purchase a pass. Thank you!

I believe you get unlimited access. At least that has how it is on other ships. Given Edge is new only time will tell for sure, but I believe the "15 minute preserved blocks" are just kind of an IT/website hiccup. We have never been limited in the time we can go or how much time we can stay. Also, this week there is 1,2 and 3 day passes now available. People are reporting they cannot actually purchase them but those might be an available option soon, if you don't want a full 7 day pass. I did the math and for us the 7 day pass offers a better price per day when you buy the couples pass. 

53 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

On other ships I have not seen a difference in the basic furnishings of different classes of Sky Suites.  Just location and size of balcony classify them.  The S1's with larger balconies sometimes get more outside furniture like a lounger.

That's what I'm counting on with an aft S1. 

5 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Here’s a shot of Edge in Freeport. If you zoom in you can see the Sky Suite balconies with chairs and tables on them. They all look like the IV chairs like in that other photo from yesterday.

D859B53F-0C4A-4788-B5C2-FCF940F8EE49.jpeg

Looks like a lot of people will be at the Retreat Sundeck for comfy lounge chairs.  Thanks for the picture.

6 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Here’s a shot of Edge in Freeport. If you zoom in you can see the Sky Suite balconies with chairs and tables on them. They all look like the IV chairs like in that other photo from yesterday.

D859B53F-0C4A-4788-B5C2-FCF940F8EE49.jpeg

From the looks of it you could be right. Are the ones on the right of each balcony also the same or is it the angle of the photo that makes it appear different? 

It those do stay on the balconies it would be sad that they didn't come through with what was shown on their website and initial videos about the SS. And will that affect the booking of SS going forward. 

Honestly, I have an S1 balcony booked in Jan ‘19 and doubt very much if the furniture on the balcony would be the deciding factor about booking another S1 on Edge unless it is painfully uncomfortable.  We’ve been booking SS cabins a few times a year for awhile now and I can’t recall what the furniture is like.  If I can sit out there with a book, enjoy the view, and the occasional breakfast I’ll be a happy puppy.

Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Like 2

Well I can't say that I am happy about this discovery, but I think it is pretty clear that the Sky Suites with have different chair from what was advertised. The advertised chairs just look much more relaxing and inviting. Oh well. Pool DH, he will be stuck with one of those other chairs because I have already claimed the rocking chair, which I will be pulling out onto my balcony for sure now! 

38 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

Well I can't say that I am happy about this discovery, but I think it is pretty clear that the Sky Suites with have different chair from what was advertised. The advertised chairs just look much more relaxing and inviting. Oh well. Pool DH, he will be stuck with one of those other chairs because I have already claimed the rocking chair, which I will be pulling out onto my balcony for sure now! 

Let's hope there is still a rocking chair in the suite :classic_smile:. But youn are right, if it's the only thing they are giving from the renderings, most will drag it out on the balcony. 

Still, from what I've seen thus far, the ship is beautiful and I'm sure most if not all will have a great time and cruise. 

2 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Let's hope there is still a rocking chair in the suite :classic_smile:. But youn are right, if it's the only thing they are giving from the renderings, most will drag it out on the balcony. 

Still, from what I've seen thus far, the ship is beautiful and I'm sure most if not all will have a great time and cruise. 

I agree the ship does look beautiful and I know we will have a wonderful time! We are excited to explore and try all of the new bars and restaurants. We actually will probably spend less time on our balcony than we have on past cruises just because  we will be busy exploring and trying all the new things! Cannot Wait! 

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Hope not on dragging inside furniture out, vast majority will not and the Retreat should be a big draw.  Agree the ship looks beautiful but inside furniture out?😉😀?😏

Katie

Edited by Oville

13 hours ago, Mcampo said:

I think you are right that the early renderings released by Celebrity could be considered as advertisements to potential customers since nobody had ever sailed on Edge or had even seen an actual cabin.  Celebrity of course would say that everything in design is subject to change.  The risk of booking early on a new build.   I agree with Oville that balcony furniture, unless very uncomfortable, would not be a deciding factor.  In my case I booked a CS very early and they proceeded to change the entire design in and out.  I'll still enjoy myself for sure!