Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

7 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Our first shot of a completed Sky Suite. Rocker is there but those balcony chairs alas are the ones just like the IVs as I spied on that photo last week. 

166ED6D7-528D-4DBF-A3CB-F96A33B6B955.jpeg

Any idea which level of SS this is?  Assuming not an aft S1, but if it is an S3 I'll be a happy camper!  [Especially after I move some of those throw pillows onto the balcony chairs!]

3 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Any idea which level of SS this is?  Assuming not an aft S1, but if it is an S3 I'll be a happy camper!  [Especially after I move some of those throw pillows onto the balcony chairs!]

Not sure which category but yes appears to be on the side of the ship not one of the aft S1s.

17 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Our first shot of a completed Sky Suite. Rocker is there but those balcony chairs alas are the ones just like the IVs as I spied on that photo last week. 

166ED6D7-528D-4DBF-A3CB-F96A33B6B955.jpeg

Wonder if that is really orange lighting  on the celing...or a reflection?

Edited by hcat

1 minute ago, DachshundsRule said:

You mean this coffee table? Yeah, where is it?

7CAF321C-B88F-4707-B0BD-CF1A1537FA4A.png

That tiny thing wouldn't help either (it's so small it might be in the room but out of view of the shot I shared). I was referring to the table that is included in the S-class Sky Suites.

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wonder if that is really orange lighting  on the celing...or a reflection?

Hopefully it has a variety of colors – controllable by the suite occupants!  [I had my 'colors' done – orange isn't me!]

28 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Hopefully it has a variety of colors – controllable by the suite occupants!  [I had my 'colors' done – orange isn't me!]

I agree that orange does not express any serenity or calmness...I also hope the furniture outside will go through a change, and that this photo is not depicting the size of the cabin very well, as I will mis my S1 aft with the circular window for sure.  Hope I am entirely wrong!!!  

Edited by Lastdance

Wonderman3. - Thanks for the first real photo of a Sky Suite. With the extra room on that balcony there is room for at least one lounger. Furthermore, I would speculate that the SS picture you show is either a S1 or S2 on the Port or Starboard side. Why not an S3, Look at the three glass panels that include the sliding door. The S3 have a slightly different configuration. Two glass panels together and a third slightly to the side.  

Edit - Actually looking at the photo again, Andre assuming she is docked at T25 and seeing a cruise ship on the other side, that cabin is on the Starboard side.  

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

1 minute ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Wonderman3. - Thanks for the first real photo of a Sky Suite. With the extra room on that balcony there is room for at least one lounger. Furthermore, I would speculate that the SS picture you show is either a S1 or S2 on the Port or Starboard side. Why not an S3, Look at the three glass panels that include the sliding door. The S3 have a slightly different configuration. Two glass panels together and a third slightly to the side.  

Do you plan on sneaking a lounger down from the pool deck? :classic_laugh:

2 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Do you plan on sneaking a lounger down from the pool deck? :classic_laugh:

If you don't ask you don't get. So I will be requesting one if one is not there by the time paid guest start sailing:classic_smile:

And if not, I will do just like Mcampo suggested and drag that rocking chair out there. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

If you don't ask you don't get. So I will be requesting one if one is not there by the time paid guest start sailing:classic_smile:

And if not, I will do just like Mcampo suggested and drag that rocking chair out there. :classic_biggrin:

Never heard of a lounger being allowed on a Sky Suite deck. I remember a few years back having a conversation with a butler about that who was very eager to please. When he indicated he might get in trouble for that I didn't want to try. Would never want to put a staff member in a position like that. I have seen extra loungers on some of the larger suites though that already have loungers. There were extras on a Penthouse deck that I was in last year on Eclipse.

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

So after reviewing this photo I am not really bothered by the change to the balcony furniture but what I am concerned about is the lack of a coffee table. If you order room service where are you supposed to rest your food?

Maybe the coffe table is not visible in the photo being behind the rocker. Or maybe they'll surprise us all, by adding a table and a lounger :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Never heard of a lounger being allowed on a Sky Suite deck. I remember a few years back having a conversation with a butler about that who was very eager to please. When he indicated he might get in trouble for that I didn't want to try. Would never want to put a staff member in a position like that. I have seen extra loungers on some of the larger suites though that already have loungers. There were extras on a Penthouse deck that I was in last year on Eclipse.

Agreed 100% not to put any staff member in trouble. If they can accommodate it fine, and if not, not a problem as we will still enjoy the cruise. While not Celebrity, I was in one of those Junior Suites on the hump of one of the Oasis class ships. It had a lot of space open and I requested a lounger. They delivered one for the entire cruise without issue. 

when we sailed in the mid ships  hump cabins  with oversized  balcs we always had loungers

Moved from midships and we  had the  reg chairs with footrests,,very comfy! And the wood slat  table..great for al fresco dining

Not going to be in a suite but I really think the lighting is over the top......like  retro motel cheesy.  At least not a mirror over the bed...

Gotta add my two cents.

It is altogether possible that this "complete" sky suite is not quite complete. The deck chairs might be temporary if the mock-up chairs weren't ready on time (not too likely, but a possibility).

The missing cabin table (which was way too tiny small to actually be useful in the mock-up) might be tucked away somewhere out of site (also not too likely, but I'm trying to be optimistic here).

Finally, the "orange" ceiling lights are probably nothing more than what the camera saw, as opposed to the actual color of the lights. I like the idea that there might actually be enough light in the room to brighten things up in the evening.

At any rate, it's nice to see an actual photo of a sky suite, whether it is fully finished, an S1, S2, or S3.

I just got home from work and saw this discussion. My two cents:

-not surprised about the deck furniture for the midship port and starboard sky suites, though expect foot rests to appear before paying guests arrive.

-still hopeful for loungers on S1 corner afts, since the balconies are twice the size of these

-if loungers not there, we will ask for loungers - have always gotten them for S1 corner afts on Solstice without any problem - hopefully no rules against it on the Edge.

-they've shown the tiny coffee table that looks like a drum from the beginning - not really good for much except a book or a cup of tea. 🙂  I did see a picture of the drum table tucked next to a couch, probably since it so small it would be easy to miss and trip on it.

-I would guess the orange light is an illusion - this is Kelly Hoppen we are talking about!  I don't think she does neon. 😉

-they will get a lot of feedback about the deck furniture, I would guess (or lack thereof) - it may evolve over time. 🙂

-I could be very happy there! I will be in one of these S1's on Tuesday at around 11:00 AM! Yippee!!!! 🍹

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I just got home from work and saw this discussion. My two cents:

-not surprised about the deck furniture for the midship port and starboard sky suites, though expect foot rests to appear before paying guests arrive.

-still hopeful for loungers on S1 corner afts, since the balconies are twice the size of these

-if loungers not there, we will ask for loungers - have always gotten them for S1 corner afts on Solstice without any problem - hopefully no rules against it on the Edge.

-they've shown the tiny coffee table that looks like a drum from the beginning - not really good for much except a book or a cup of tea. 🙂  I did see a picture of the drum table tucked next to a couch, probably since it so small it would be easy to miss and trip on it.

-I would guess the orange light is an illusion - this is Kelly Hoppen we are talking about!  I don't think she does neon. 😉

-they will get a lot of feedback about the deck furniture, I would guess (or lack thereof) - it may evolve over time. 🙂

-I could be very happy there! I will be in one of these S1's on Tuesday at around 11:00 AM! Yippee!!!! 🍹

Thanks for your thoughts, sounds like you’ve had a long day.

7 minutes ago, Oville said:

Thanks for your thoughts, sounds like you’ve had a long day.

Three long days and now I'm on vacation at last. 

Hope to see you Tuesday, Katie! I'll be the one having a drink with my new friend, Mr. Edge, in the RTG.