Have you ever booked while on the ship?

tnebell

We're thinking about booking our next cruise while on this cruise (may 2017 Carnival Dream). Has anyone booked lately while on the ship and what were the benies for doing so?

Just something we're chewing over.

You will receive OBC for the cruise you book while on board. $50-$200, depending on the length of cruise you book.

It does depend on the ship. On the Vista and I think one other ship the OBC is only $50 no matter the length. Yes, this is a change. Usually you get two Friends and Family Vouches as well.

My advice is to know what you want prior to boarding the Dream. The rep there will have a list of all available cabins. The downside is you have to pay your deposit for the new cruise then. Like the other poster said you will get OBC, the amount will depend on the length of the new cruise. You will also get 2 friends and family vouchers- your friends or family can use these vouchers to book the same cruise as you & get the same OBC as you. But there is a time frame that they have to book it in.

We actually do know the one we want; Carnival Splendor May 2018. It's only a $50 OBC? That's rather sad. I can get that just by watching sales here and there. Is that PP or per stateroom?

We're thinking about booking our next cruise while on this cruise (may 2017 Carnival Dream). Has anyone booked lately while on the ship and what were the benies for doing so?

Yes many times because of OBC $100.

The paragraph below is from a previous post. It was true in early Feb. now I don't know.

There is another Carnival cutback in progress. On those ships that have a future cruise desk (most do) you will receive varying OBC for a future cruise booked. Under 6 days $50 OBC, 6 days $75, 7-11 days $100 OBC,12+ days $200 OBC and 2 friends and family vouchers that will allow others to receive OBC on the same cruise. There is currently a test program on the Vista, Conquest and Glory that only gives $50 OBC regardless of cruise length and eliminates the F+F vouchers.

The paragraph below is from a previous post. It was true in early Feb. now I don't know.

There is another Carnival cutback in progress. On those ships that have a future cruise desk (most do) you will receive varying OBC for a future cruise booked. Under 6 days $50 OBC, 6 days $75, 7-11 days $100 OBC,12+ days $200 OBC and 2 friends and family vouchers that will allow others to receive OBC on the same cruise. There is currently a test program on the Vista, Conquest and Glory that only gives $50 OBC regardless of cruise length and eliminates the F+F vouchers.

Happy this isn't on the Breeze yet!! I hope not anyway.

I have twice booked while on board. The 100.00 OBC for a 7 day cruise was nice and once my granddaughter used the voucher. Unlike promotional OBC this one stays with you if you later price match to a lower fare.

If you're going to book on board I suggest you do so the first time the desk is open and that you have already chosen the cruise and first and second choices of a cabin. This will greatly streamline the process.

Happy sailing.

I suggest for frequent Carnival cruises to consider what I do. I always have several- past guest, random cruises booked, far off dates that I have booked on board. I have these booked with Carnival and NO agents.

Then it is simple to just call Carnival, and transfer the booking to a cruise I want- AND keep the book on board OBC. Up until 90 days after you book on board, you can transfer to any agent. I never use the F&F vouchers.

But, I suspect that the current deal is up for changes, to the lower OBC?

Yes, I do have to deposit all those random cruises, but, the money involved is insignificant to me. The OBC adjusts to the final cruise booked, not the random OBC initially booked, so perhaps for a lower deposit, book a couple, short cruises? (if the money is an issue?)

Booked the Sunshine while cruising the Conquest during the week of 2/18/2017. The OBC has been reduced to $50.00 for an 8 day cruise. Did not receive any vouchers. The deposit was reduced to $250. Also got a sales price that was better than the Conquest cruise that I was sailing. The Sunshine cruise is the Southern Caribbean which is usually more expensive.

Used the ship computers to review future cruises and there was no charge for this. They are very slow, however, and I mean SLOW! Usually 3 to 4 people using the computers so you have to keep an eye out to get one. Eventually I got one and it was very helpful to confirm data.

Also assigned a TA at the time of booking. Had no problem doing that.

This is my 3rd time booking a cruise on a cruise and I would recommend it for any credit. The Carnival rep doing the transaction was very helpful.

I booked while onboard last month. While I was onboard carnival sent me an email with an OBC offer. I asked if I could stack that with the OBC for booking onboard. They said yes. I checked prices and was able to get a cruise about 15% cheaper than what I paid for the same one last year. So I booked it.

Almost all of our cruises are booked while onboard. It helps greatly to have all the info about your booking written out for the Future Cruise desk agent. We also keep a couple of place holder bookings on deposit. These must be at a Past Guest rate; not ES, since they will be changed.

We are booked on the Elation for October but have to cancel due to a wedding, which means we will loose $50 each as we booked early saver...my question, if we book on the ship can they apply the remaining deposit we have on this existing cruise to the next future cruise?

I have booked onboard every year since they stopped selling the Future Cruise Certificates. This past year I did not because I'd already booked the 2018 Journey's Cruise from Baltimore. However, if they continue with only $50 OBC for booking onboard, I won't do it since I usually can get that amount or even $100 for booking Military during Military Appreciation Month.

I suggest for frequent Carnival cruises to consider what I do. I always have several- past guest, random cruises booked, far off dates that I have booked on board. I have these booked with Carnival and NO agents.

Then it is simple to just call Carnival, and transfer the booking to a cruise I want- AND keep the book on board OBC. Up until 90 days after you book on board, you can transfer to any agent. I never use the F&F vouchers.

But, I suspect that the current deal is up for changes, to the lower OBC?

Yes, I do have to deposit all those random cruises, but, the money involved is insignificant to me. The OBC adjusts to the final cruise booked, not the random OBC initially booked, so perhaps for a lower deposit, book a couple, short cruises? (if the money is an issue?)

I do the same and usually have two or three always booked. I book three night cruises to get lowest deposit and book as far in advance as I can.

We are booked on the Elation for October but have to cancel due to a wedding, which means we will loose $50 each as we booked early saver...my question, if we book on the ship can they apply the remaining deposit we have on this existing cruise to the next future cruise?

The money you have in your account from an Early Saver cancellation can not be used to pay a deposit on a future cruise. It can however be used to pay down the balance.

Note, my PVP warned me that if I cancelled the next cruise that I would have that ES money back in my account on the original date it was put there. Meaning, I booked my second cruise as past guest, paid the $300 deposit, and had $200 ES funds applied from a cruise I canceled on 2/10. If I cancel my new cruise, I get the $300 back, but the $200 goes back to my account and has to be used within 12 months of 2/10.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, I am not going to cancel the cruise because if I do that now I have to use it within a year and we are not planning on cruising again until May (we have Aruba and other trips booked up in between), so I will cancel it in June, which is still four months out from the cruise in October and then I use it for May 2018 cruise, thank you for the heads up!

I do the same and usually have two or three always booked. I book three night cruises to get lowest deposit and book as far in advance as I can.

I have 4, but I think, I'll pick up a few more, when I'm on the Magic next month, since I get the idea, they're going away. :) Even with a lot of them in the "bank", I've changed those easily to further ahead if I hadn't used them all.