Princess B2B cruises in the Med

beaucajun

Does anyone know how Princess handles B2B cruisers in the Mediterranean? Have to get off and back on?

We're trying to arrange a tour in Athens on our turnaround day. Trying to maximize our time in Athens to see as much as possible. Ship is scheduled to be in port at 4am with a 7pm departure.

Thanks in advance.

We did several Med B2B cruises on the Pacific Princess last fall. As Essiesmom said, there is no immigration/customs requirement at all. However, we did note that the all on board time (including in transits) on turnaround day was generally from 45 minutes to an hour before sailaway, I assume to allow everyone to board before the muster drill. Even when we didn't have to muster, that was the designated on board time. So your 7pm might turn out to be 6pm or 6:15pm, but that is still plenty of time to see Athens.

Does anyone know how Princess handles B2B cruisers in the Mediterranean? Have to get off and back on?

We're trying to arrange a tour in Athens on our turnaround day. Trying to maximize our time in Athens to see as much as possible. Ship is scheduled to be in port at 4am with a 7pm departure.

You can exit the ship for your tour as soon as the first passengers leaving the ship are allowed to disembark. I assume it would be sometime before 7 AM.

Even if you were doing this in the USA where all passengers must leave the ship, you would not have to wait on board to do this. You could leave the ship as soon as disembarkation was allowed and just not return until embarkation of new passengers has started.

We did Princess excursions on both of our turnaround days, and we were able to arrive back right at Muster time, since we had already attended. It's really fun to swim during the Muster Drill! ☺ I wouldn't have risked getting back so late if we had been independent, but with Princess I knew we'd be protected. Princess is selling the Med in 7, 14, and 21 day increments, so they want to make it seamless for B2Bers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums