Is Windjammer Really THAT bad?!?!

I have seen collection tin at the entrance .

love sailing with RCCL

I''ve not seen that, but I certainly never have seen the employees too busy taking tips on the last day. Usually they close off half the WJ while the other half gets ready for the next group.

We are not buffet people so the only time I go to the WJ is to build a cheese plate to have with wine in our cabin. On our last Jewel cruise one evening after we ate in the MDR and between shows we took a ride up to the WJ just to check out what it was like in the evening. We were very impressed with the atmosphere (quiet and the lights turned down) and a lot of good looking selections. We know understand why some consider the WJ in the evening a great place to eat. So much different than breakfast and lunch.

I suspect that first time cruisers don't know how difficult it might be to find a table.

Ha! I was just thinking of that! The first thing we do is grab our silverware/napkin and drink, grab a table, then go get our food.

Just recently of Rhapsody and the WJ was GREAT. One of the chefs help me with Indian food one evening. It was delicious.

I've gotten to where I go to the WJ two or three nights. The food is hot compared with the semi warm, half cold, same old thing in the MDR.

And you can wear shorts.;p

We are not buffet people so the only time I go to the WJ is to build a cheese plate to have with wine in our cabin. On our last Jewel cruise one evening after we ate in the MDR and between shows we took a ride up to the WJ just to check out what it was like in the evening. We were very impressed with the atmosphere (quiet and the lights turned down) and a lot of good looking selections. We know understand why some consider the WJ in the evening a great place to eat. So much different than breakfast and lunch.

To me the WJ on Jewel is one of the nicest in the fleet for many reasons. I've had a few good meals including 3 dinners there.

Ha! I was just thinking of that! The first thing we do is grab our silverware/napkin and drink, grab a table, then go get our food.

One additional thing vets can do to help these people, if the only table available is a table for 8-10 and you are 2 people, sit to one end and invite others to use the rest of the table.

I'm not sure why everyone calls the eggs "fake". They are 98.9% real eggs. The freeze dried ones contain powdered milk, salt, and citric acid. The liquid eggs are 99.9% real eggs with citric acid added. The texture of the dried eggs might make them taste funny. The liquid eggs I use at work taste exactly like eggs.

As for Indian dishes, we did a B2B. The first week, there were a few Indian dishes such as curries. The second week, there were a lot of Indians on board and a whole bunch of Indian dishes in the WJ, most of which I couldn't pronounce. :o

I have to eat gluten-free so we actually prefer the WJ to the main dining room because I can pick and choose what I want without a lot of fanfare and back and fourth with a waiter. We also didn't have a desire to spend hours every night in the dining room. The only complaint I would have with the WJ on Grandeur was that there were no gluten free dessert offerings short of melted jello. When my fiancé complained, they brought me out Udi's chocolate chip cookies :)

Cruised Allure in January. We had breakfast in Windjammer twice. Once would have been enough for me, but DH wanted to try again. The thing they represented as an "omlet" was a horrible square of eggs with no meat visible. The bacon was greasy and not crisp. Of course there were plenty of healthy items: fruit, granola, etc. But I am on a cruise, I want good stuff. By the way, it was only slightly worse than Johnny Rockets. Stick to MDR for breakfast

We have always found the food in WJ to be good and with all the options there you are bound to find something you enjoy. Is it a 5 star meal? No but it is a very good buffet.

And their fries are amazing. Crunchy and a great taste. Haha one of the things I look forward to are Royals French fries!

I'm not sure why everyone calls the eggs "fake". They are 98.9% real eggs. The freeze dried ones contain powdered milk, salt, and citric acid. The liquid eggs are 99.9% real eggs with citric acid added. The texture of the dried eggs might make them taste funny. The liquid eggs I use at work taste exactly like eggs.

As for Indian dishes, we did a B2B. The first week, there were a few Indian dishes such as curries. The second week, there were a lot of Indians on board and a whole bunch of Indian dishes in the WJ, most of which I couldn't pronounce. :o

Have you tried the ones in the Windjammer? At least on Freedom in 2015 and Oasis in 2016 they were horrible and not worth getting. I was pleased to see real scrambled eggs on Majesty last fall.