Which car rental is the closest (walking distance) to RCI Oasis in Port Canaveral?

None are within what I would consider walking distance. Route A1A is a very busy four lane road. I wouldn't walk it.

We are on the Oasis on 4/9 and have a rental from Dollar. About 1-2 miles away. Shuttle is pretty convenient. We have done the rental car deal a couple of ways:

1) I drop everyone off at the ship, then return the car and take the shuttle; or

2) Drop car off first, everyone takes the shuttle.

I think (2) is easier.

We have an Alamo rental for our return to Orlando on 4/16.

mac_tlc

Enterprise is right at the port in front of Millikens Reef restaurant. It IS within walking distance of terminal 1 where the Oasis docks. Although I would drop your luggage off first. The address is 710 Mullet Rd Cape Canaveral 32920

Alamo, National and Enterprise share the same car rental location on Mullet Road and this is the nearest to the Royal Caribbean Terminal. Wether it is walkable is subjective however we did it last month. We used Alamo for the one way rental from Orlando to our overnight hotel in PC and then the very short drive to the car drop off. We were going to drop the luggage off first but on seeing how close it was, and given the luggage has wheels, we went straight to the drop off and walked. I would say it took us 10 mins on a quiet flat road.

The rental building looks like this and you just drive in on the left of the building for the car to be checked and they show you where to leave it:

834429a88e70210f55c10f323139eb36.jpg

This map shows the car rental on the left and the Royal Caribbean terminal on the right:

1138f7838797994c17e909d15d49b7e2.jpg

This is a photo I took from the aft top deck of Oasis. The arrow in the middle is pointing to the car drop off and the arrow bottom left is the walkway into the terminal.

6dd7f0db1afe75afcb7627f004bd293f.jpg

It was actually a pleasant walk along Mullet Road which you can see in the photo curving around the front of the exploration tower (the sail shaped building) and removed the need to wait for the shuttle which hadn't started at the time we got there (10.15). A guy actually stopped and asked if we wanted a lift when we had started to walk but it would have taken longer to load and unload our bags than just carry on walking. Walking towards the towering Oasis just raised our excitement levels. When you get to the end of Mullet Road that's the start of the pathway into the terminal building.

So if you are able bodied and can walk 10-15 mins on the flat then it's walkable. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork
  • Like 1

We have always used Budget. Free shuttle, quick trip, very little waiting. Google one way trip codes for discounts on rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same for us. Last time we got a great discount code & ended up paying $40 for a full size SUV!

Hertz is walking distance. On our last Oasis of the Seas cruise for New Years there was a long line for the shuttle so we walked to the pier. We only had our carry on cases so we walk with those. I would recommend you dropping off your luggage before returning the rental car.

Hertz is walking distance. On our last Oasis of the Seas cruise for New Years there was a long line for the shuttle so we walked to the pier. We only had our carry on cases so we walk with those. I would recommend you dropping off your luggage before returning the rental car.

Hertz looks a long way from the RC pier. About double the distance from the Alamo, Enterprise, National drop off. In fact the Hertz is in the car park of the hotel we stayed in and we drove from the hotel to our Alamo drop off.

a12c769c2b2a17f7616deef621b5c1ef.jpg

We have always used Budget. Free shuttle, quick trip, very little waiting. Google one way trip codes for discounts on rental.

The budget car rental drop off is the furthest one from the terminal. The OP asked about walking distance drop offs. You couldn't walk from the budget drop off in less than an hour.

Hertz looks a long way from the RC pier. About double the distance from the Alamo, Enterprise, National drop off. In fact the Hertz is in the car park of the hotel we stayed in and we drove from the hotel to our Alamo drop off.

a12c769c2b2a17f7616deef621b5c1ef.jpg

Hertz is across the street from the new Homewood Suites on astronaut Blvd. It's about a mile to the pier.

The budget car rental drop off is the furthest one from the terminal. The OP asked about walking distance drop offs. You couldn't walk from the budget drop off in less than an hour.

A whopping 2 minute drive via the complimentary shuttle. Don't understand why anyone would want to walk to the terminal from the car rental drop offs when complimentary shuttles are widely available.

Alamo, National and Enterprise share the same car rental location on Mullet Road and this is the nearest to the Royal Caribbean Terminal. Wether it is walkable is subjective however we did it last month. We used Alamo for the one way rental from Orlando to our overnight hotel in PC and then the very short drive to the car drop off. We were going to drop the luggage off first but on seeing how close it was, and given the luggage has wheels, we went straight to the drop off and walked. I would say it took us 10 mins on a quiet flat road.

It was actually a pleasant walk along Mullet Road which you can see in the photo curving around the front of the exploration tower (the sail shaped building) and removed the need to wait for the shuttle which hadn't started at the time we got there (10.15). A guy actually stopped and asked if we wanted a lift when we had started to walk but it would have taken longer to load and unload our bags than just carry on walking. Walking towards the towering Oasis just raised our excitement levels. When you get to the end of Mullet Road that's the start of the pathway into the terminal building.

So if you are able bodied and can walk 10-15 mins on the flat then it's walkable. Hope this helps.

I did this last year. The weather was nice, so I did the 10-15 minute walk to pick up the vehicle. We used Enterprise.

The rental building looks like this and you just drive in on the left of the building for the car to be checked and they show you where to leave it:

https://uploads.tapatalk

FANTASTIC Post. Thanks for taking the time. As they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

A whopping 2 minute drive via the complimentary shuttle. Don't understand why anyone would want to walk to the terminal from the car rental drop offs when complimentary shuttles are widely available.

But the post is about walking distance. Shuttles are available from the rental depots but it may involve a wait, they may be busy, you have to load and unload luggage and your schedule is dependant on the shuttle. Walking to the terminal from the drop off can be quicker than waiting for a shuttle.