Live blogging Silhouette March 26, 2017 cruise

mnolan770

Looking forward to your blog. Going on my first Celebrity cruise on the Silhouette in January.

Congratulations on your upcoming first cruise with Celebrity!. I maintain a blog on every cruise that we take; if you are interested in seeing what Silhouette looks like, direct message me or quote this reply with your email address .

We were on her in August in the British Isles. CD Paul Baya is awesome, I hope you have him.

A few pics.

This is the view from our cabin. 107687aa146770c4921aed89e03c9aa2.jpg

The Alcoves. These can be rented by the day. 05b8dd41110d3498525bc636d8a369ca.jpg

The Lawn Club Grill, a fee based restaurant.

17334949e36d9abb039f952093958044.jpg1b5a41ff410f6abd324db15fe9a9d45e.jpg

753924cb554a70aae554a971cce47e09.jpg

The menu from the concierge class lunch on embarkation day. 029665073144a3fabb08019bf69f488e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

Edited by mnolan770

Congratulations on your upcoming first cruise with Celebrity!. I maintain a blog on every cruise that we take; if you are interested in seeing what Silhouette looks like, direct message me or quote this reply with your email address .

We were on her in August in the British Isles. CD Paul Baya is awesome, I hope you have him.

I would be interested.

walkerxxx@rogers.com

Thanks for taking the time to post & the photos. I board the Silhouette on the 16 th. I am also in a Concierge cabin and appreciated seeing the lunch menu. What a great way to celebrate your anniversary and your wife's birthday! Hope you have beautiful sunshine days and moon lit nights!

Linda

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off over 2 weeks ago. Make sure to go to the Sunset bar. Sarawuth (Sara) was excellent and I never wanted for anything. Sometimes he would just see me walk in and the next thing I knew my drink of choice was next to me. Or if I forgot to order my bottle of Evain w/ my drink he would remember. Excellent service! If you see him tell him Sonya says HI

Be gentle, ;)We'll be getting on Apr 2nd.. when you are leaving.

I will be watching your sail away tomorrow!!

Kevin

Us too! Can't come fast enough. I look forward to being able to see the ground! We had way to much snow this year.

Yesterday was a tough day. We had 16 foot seas making the ship very rocky. Many people, including staff, were complaining of seasickness. This is when having an aft cabin is not the best thing. It was really rolling in our room. We stayed in, ordered room service lunch, and slept most of the day.

In the afternoon, as things started to calm, we made our way down to deck five and enjoyed some​ gelato. It's very good and reasonably priced at $4 for two scoops and $6 for four.

We are the gelato sitting on the promenade deck with a lot of other sick passengers.

After that we made it way too Cellar Masters. This has to be the most under utilized bar on the ship. I think most people are afraid if the Enomatic wine machines (not included in any drink package). However they also have an extensive wine list and microbrews. Many of these come in under the $13 premium drink package cap. And for those that are over, you only pay the difference. I had a great glass of 2012 Atalon Cabernet for only $1.

For the beer folks, they had several Lagunitas brews including the Pils and a Little Sumpin Sumpin. There were a few Rogue beers also including an IPA. And then a lot of the regular beers you would expect, ie Anchor Steam, Stella, etc. They also had several hard ciders.

For dinner, we went to Qsine. This was our first time there. Unfortunately my wife had not fully recovered from earlier in the day and was forced to leave early. I stayed and enjoyed some amazing food. It really is a lot of fun. I would recommend this place. Once they realized my wife was not returning, they prepared chocolate covered strawberries for me to take back to her. Top notch service.

Today is mostly a sea day with a late arrival in San Juan. The seas are much more normal making a smooth ride.

Thanks. I should have asked if anyone knew where Anca is. She was our concierge last April, and she was WONDERFUL

Anca is wonderful and now finding the happiness she deserves off ships. Word is that she has left Celebrity. I wish her well.

Yesterday was a tough day. We had 16 foot seas making the ship very rocky. Many people, including staff, were complaining of seasickness. This is when having an aft cabin is not the best thing. It was really rolling in our room. We stayed in, ordered room service lunch, and slept most of the day.

In the afternoon, as things started to calm, we made our way down to deck five and enjoyed some​ gelato. It's very good and reasonably priced at $4 for two scoops and $6 for four.

We are the gelato sitting on the promenade deck with a lot of other sick passengers.

After that we made it way too Cellar Masters. This has to be the most under utilized bar on the ship. I think most people are afraid if the Enomatic wine machines (not included in any drink package). However they also have an extensive wine list and microbrews. Many of these come in under the $13 premium drink package cap. And for those that are over, you only pay the difference. I had a great glass of 2012 Atalon Cabernet for only $1.

For the beer folks, they had several Lagunitas brews including the Pils and a Little Sumpin Sumpin. There were a few Rogue beers also including an IPA. And then a lot of the regular beers you would expect, ie Anchor Steam, Stella, etc. They also had several hard ciders.

For dinner, we went to Qsine. This was our first time there. Unfortunately my wife had not fully recovered from earlier in the day and was forced to leave early. I stayed and enjoyed some amazing food. It really is a lot of fun. I would recommend this place. Once they realized my wife was not returning, they prepared chocolate covered strawberries for me to take back to her. Top notch service.

Today is mostly a sea day with a late arrival in San Juan. The seas are much more normal making a smooth ride.

Every night we ate dinner in Blu,except the first night we took advantage of the 30% off and ate in The Tuscan Grill.

We discovered the Atalon Cab. We had the drink package so we never paid for it. Our waiter would just put a bottle at the table after the second night. We loved it! Great Cab most defiantly.

mnolan770,

We are also from the Atlanta area and usually fly into FLL the day of the cruise, although not as early as you. ;) Looking forward to your review of the ship, as we've sailed only on "M" class ships in the past. We're currently booked on the Silhouette out of Amsterdam in August for a British Isles cruise which includes an overnight stay in Edinburgh so we can attend the Edinburgh Royal Military Tattoo the first evening. Really looking forward to this cruise. :D We also have an aft concierge class balcony cabin on deck 11. Those aft views are wonderful.

Would love to see some photos of your cabin, as I'm not sure how large they are on an "S" class ship and the position of the bed. Near the bathroom, or near the balcony, and if the former is there much room between the foot of the bed and the wall ?

Thanks,

We are going to be on it on April 2! Does anyone know if there a pizza place onboard that you could grab a slice of pizza during the day? :D

Pizza is available in the Oceanview Cafe from lunch until 1 am I believe. Pasta is available as well.