Live blogging Silhouette March 26, 2017 cruise

mnolan770

Pizza is available in the Oceanview Cafe from lunch until 1 am I believe. Pasta is available as well.

Cool thanks! Our son would be happy. That's the first thing he asked when we told him about the cruise.... do they have pizza? :p

We are in St. Marteen today. Yesterday was St. Thomas. We typically book independent excursions. However, due to a large OBC, we decided to do cruise line bookings this time. Yesterday, we headed over to St. John for an island tour. The tour took about 90 minutes with a final drop off at Trunk Bay. The excursion person we booked with didn't mention that we would have to pay for a cab back to the ferry dock from the beach. Since we didn't bring a lot of cash with us, we passed on the beach and just stayed in the tour truck to be dropped back at the dock.

Once back at the dock, we went in the search for a BBQ place called the Barefoot Cowboy. It was actually very close to the dock. Unfortunately they did not accept American Express and that is the only card I carry. So we left there and had Mexican at a place in the Mongoose Shopping center. It was $52 for two taco​ plates and two beers. It would have been ok if it had been good. It wasn't.

We bought a few shirts at the Pig and Roost and grabbed the ferry back to the ship.

One back onboard, we stopped by the martini bar for a few drinks and then back to the room to get ready for dinner. We had dinner at The Porch. They have a great seafood menu for the $30 pp cover charge including lobster tail as part of the seafood platter.

Now it's time to enjoy St. Marteen. Headed to Orient Beach.

*Ignore typos, created on my phone and didn't check before publishing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

We are in St. Marteen today. Yesterday was St. Thomas. We typically book independent excursions. However, due to a large OBC, we decided to do cruise line bookings this time. Yesterday, we headed over to St. John for an island tour. The tour took about 90 minutes with a final drop off at Trunk Bay. The excursion person we booked with didn't mention that we would have to pay for a cab back to the ferry dock from the beach. Since we didn't bring a lot of cash with us, we passed on the beach and just stayed in the tour truck to be dropped back at the dock.

Once back at the dock, we went in the search for a BBQ place called the Barefoot Cowboy. It was actually very close to the dock. Unfortunately they did not accept American Express and that is the only card I carry. So we left there and had Mexican at a place in the Mongoose Shopping center. It was $52 for two taco​ plates and two beers. It would have been ok if it had been good. It wasn't.

We bought a few shirts at the Pig and Roost and grabbed the ferry back to the ship.

One back onboard, we stopped by the martini bar for a few drinks and then back to the room to get ready for dinner. We had dinner at The Porch. They have a great seafood menu for the $30 pp cover charge including lobster tail as part of the seafood platter.

Now it's time to enjoy St. Marteen. Headed to Orient Beach.

*Ignore typos, created on my phone and didn't check before publishing.

Enjoying your reports. Many places don't take AMEX due to the higher cost. Get a MC or Visa if you plan to travel outside US. Get to know the crew on your ship, they are really outstanding. Enjoy your cruise.

Yesterday was a tough day. We had 16 foot seas making the ship very rocky. Many people, including staff, were complaining of seasickness. This is when having an aft cabin is not the best thing. It was really rolling in our room. We stayed in, ordered room service lunch, and slept most of the day.

In the afternoon, as things started to calm, we made our way down to deck five and enjoyed some​ gelato. It's very good and reasonably priced at $4 for two scoops and $6 for four.

We are the gelato sitting on the promenade deck with a lot of other sick passengers.

After that we made it way too Cellar Masters. This has to be the most under utilized bar on the ship. I think most people are afraid if the Enomatic wine machines (not included in any drink package). However they also have an extensive wine list and microbrews. Many of these come in under the $13 premium drink package cap. And for those that are over, you only pay the difference. I had a great glass of 2012 Atalon Cabernet for only $1.

For the beer folks, they had several Lagunitas brews including the Pils and a Little Sumpin Sumpin. There were a few Rogue beers also including an IPA. And then a lot of the regular beers you would expect, ie Anchor Steam, Stella, etc. They also had several hard ciders.

For dinner, we went to Qsine. This was our first time there. Unfortunately my wife had not fully recovered from earlier in the day and was forced to leave early. I stayed and enjoyed some amazing food. It really is a lot of fun. I would recommend this place. Once they realized my wife was not returning, they prepared chocolate covered strawberries for me to take back to her. Top notch service.

Today is mostly a sea day with a late arrival in San Juan. The seas are much more normal making a smooth ride.

Hi! Quick question. Do you remember the pier where the ship docked in San Juan? Was it the Pan American where you would have to pay a $10 cab fair to get to Old San Juan? Or was is docked at Old San Juan?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Quick question. Do you remember the pier where the ship docked in San Juan? Was it the Pan American where you would have to pay a $10 cab fair to get to Old San Juan? Or was is docked at Old San Juan?

Thanks in advance!

When sailing out of Puerto Rico Celebrity is at the Pan American pier. However when they are in port for a day it's at the pier in Old San Juan so you can walk right off the ship and be exactly where you want to be .

When sailing out of Puerto Rico Celebrity is at the Pan American pier. However when they are in port for a day it's at the pier in Old San Juan so you can walk right off the ship and be exactly where you want to be .

Is there anyway to confirm this? I emailed my travel agent who contacted Celebrity Cruises and they told her that they will be docked at the Pan Am...

Is there anyway to confirm this? I emailed my travel agent who contacted Celebrity Cruises and they told her that they will be docked at the Pan Am...

I've been on the Reflection that had a port stop in San Juan and it was at the Old San Juan pier. I've also sailed out of San Juan on 3 different occasions on the Summit and it was Pan American pier. Celebrity only uses Pan American when the cruise starts in Puerto Rico.

Congratulations on your upcoming first cruise with Celebrity!. I maintain a blog on every cruise that we take; if you are interested in seeing what Silhouette looks like, direct message me or quote this reply with your email address .

We were on her in August in the British Isles. CD Paul Baya is awesome, I hope you have him.

I would love to see your blog. Lilghall at gmail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are coming in from Florida, then it is the Old San Juan port. You just walk off the ship and there are restaurants, major drug stores and you can take a walk up to one of the forts. Enjoy San Juan.

On the plane headed back to Atlanta. A good cruise. Many in this forum have complained about a decline in service from Celebrity. After cruising with Celebrity for years, I can't agree. I think the quality of the product was as good as it was when I first sailed with the line. Have their been changes? Sure. New CEOs are brought into companies to implement change. But I saw no negatives. Food in the main dining room was good. The three specialty restaurants we did were great to amazing. I found the wine choice on the premium package to be very good, but I'm no wine snob. The beer choice was good with the best choice being in cellar masters.

I am looking forward to trying Edge next year.

On the plane headed back to Atlanta. A good cruise. Many in this forum have complained about a decline in service from Celebrity. After cruising with Celebrity for years, I can't agree. I think the quality of the product was as good as it was when I first sailed with the line. Have their been changes? Sure. New CEOs are brought into companies to implement change. But I saw no negatives. Food in the main dining room was good. The three specialty restaurants we did were great to amazing. I found the wine choice on the premium package to be very good, but I'm no wine snob. The beer choice was good with the best choice being in cellar masters.

I am looking forward to trying Edge next year.

mnolan:

Have you booked the Edge? Some of the early cruises are selling out. (disclaimer: I do not work for Celebrity)

We booked an S-1 for 02/17/19 on 03/18/17, five days after booking opened, and most of the S-1s were booked.

George

Is Celebrity now letting may the extra for drinks not in your package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Beginning on this cruise I was only charged the difference over the $9 classic package cap. At the Martini Bar my classic martini was only $3.54. I was told this by the bartender at World Class Bar on day 1. No other announcement was in the daily.

mnolan:

Have you booked the Edge? Some of the early cruises are selling out. (disclaimer: I do not work for Celebrity)

We booked an S-1 for 02/17/19 on 03/18/17, five days after booking opened, and most of the S-1s were booked.

George

I haven't. We're on MSC in the fall. Will wait a bit before we book Edge.

Beginning on this cruise I was only charged the difference over the $9 classic package cap. At the Martini Bar my classic martini was only $3.54. I was told this by the bartender at World Class Bar on day 1. No other announcement was in the daily.

I was on this sailing also. Found it odd when I got a slip for $1.18 because my drink was $1 over my classic package. I figured I would get the full bill. Very happy with the change.

Had this been announced yet?

Did you know it was over the Classic, and were surprised that the bill was so minimal.

OR

Did you think it was included in the Classic and they didn't say anything and just presented a bill.?

I usually verify my drink is included in the Classic. I say something like "I have the Classic." After a day or so, I don't, cause I've figured it out, but just wondering........

KoKoMo

Did someone mention on this thread wanting to visit all the places mentioned in the song KoKoMo? I know I read it, but I am on several Boards and don't remember which one. I blame this on the loss of brain cells caused by excessive - no, scratch that - change word to "lots" of rum punch.

George