Shorts now part of the casual dress code

I agree that some folks don't know the difference between men's swimwear and nice shorts. I still don't think swimwear is ok in the dining room . You know that someone will interpret it that way!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nothing to interpret, the casual code says to keep swimwear to the pool deck. For them that's a really clear one!

We saw this happen on the NCL Gem which has a much more relaxed dress code than RCCL. This couple was turned away from the Asian restaurant by the hostess while we were in Nassau overnight. The man was even carrying a beach towel and wearing rubber flip flops and very, very short shorts!!! He was very upset that they could not be seated. Others on the line were wearing long slacks and golf shirts with the ladies in slacks and blouses.

Who wants to sit on a chair after someone who hasn't even taken the time to shower off the sand and suntan lotion?

if you do not care what others think about your clothing (I am on vacation and I will dress the way I want to), at the very least shower OR GO TO THE BUFFET:eek:

MARAPRINCE

People that don't shower and come to the MDR covered in sand probably never followed the dress code anyway. So this change doesn't really change anything.

The new dress code mentions nothing about banning RCI bath robes from the MDR. With one of those it makes no difference if you have shorts, tank tops, or nothing else on. One of those robes really would really take away the stress of dressing for dinner and decrease the amount of clothing one has to pack for the cruise.

There will just be more people in golf/walking shorts. Big deal. There's no problem. Don't sweat it. Look at it this way, you just have more options now. Don't hang on potential extreme situations you may never see, unless you are hanging your hat on that as your main argument against this.

Not like I'm going to rush out and buy tank tops and cease pre-dinner showers just because I have expanded options of what to wear. It's absurd. You think the wording "tank top" will fundamentally change how someones traits are wired? Women have been wearing sleeveless shirts for years, many look great. It's still a tank top though. Is this now offensive or a problem? No.

52141543?wid=360&hei=360&qlt=80&fmt=pjpeg

Just home from 3/17 sailing of the Navigator.

As always, dress suggestions were not enforced; however, found large percentage of passengers did comply.

Cruise compass specifically said no shorts in MDR for dinner, and did see some, but not that many. I had traditional second seating. Diamond lounge had same request after 4:30 p.m.

Just home from 3/17 sailing of the Navigator.

As always, dress suggestions were not enforced; however, found large percentage of passengers did comply.

Cruise compass specifically said no shorts in MDR for dinner, and did see some, but not that many. I had traditional second seating. Diamond lounge had same request after 4:30 p.m.

Just out of curiosity, GD, when you went to the MDR for dinner, did you cruise around the dining room on the way to your table to scope out what everyone was wearing?

How many cruisers did you actually take note of what they were wearing in the MDR? You think it was a good representative sample?

My point being, when DW and I enter the MDR, I couldn't even tell you what any of the cruisers were wearing at the hostess stand. Last thing on my mind, what anyone else was wearing in the MDR.

And for all you cruisers who claim your dinner is ruined by shorts and tank top wearers, you really need to get a life, and maybe lower you nose a little bit.

Just my two cents!

Harvey

However, unlike you, I can get a decent idea of my surroundings and not completely oblivious.

Maybe, they should have 2 dining rooms. Those that are allowed to wear what they want and the other to the more sophisticated diner. LOL

Not like I'm going to rush out and buy tank tops and cease pre-dinner showers just because I have expanded options of what to wear. It's absurd. You think the wording "tank top" will fundamentally change how someones traits are wired? Women have been wearing sleeveless shirts for years, many look great. It's still a tank top though. Is this now offensive or a problem? No.

I think that people are discussing the issue of men being able to wear tank tops in the MDR. If they are allowed, they will wear them. Nothing about "how someone's traits are wired": it's easy and it's vacation and it's allowed. Boom. Bad fashion while I'm eating my soup.

I just got of RC Liberty of the Seas Sunday and in the main dining room the compass tells you what the dress code is for the evening- yes casual was on the lineup a couple times- otherwise smart casual and formal were the options! My husband and son loved they didn't need to put long pants on every night ! They said it hurt there sunburns 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So they did away with casual nights and changed them to smart casual? Is that what it now says in the Cruise Compass?

Like I said I just got of the ship and MDR is casual not smart casual a couple nights.

I just got of RC Liberty of the Seas Sunday and in the main dining room the compass tells you what the dress code is for the evening- yes casual was on the lineup a couple times- otherwise smart casual and formal were the options! My husband and son loved they didn't need to put long pants on every night ! They said it hurt there sunburns 🤣

I think you'll find that the Compass listed 'suggested dress' which isn't the same as 'dress code' which implies enforcement of said code. Unless they change it in the future your husband and son can wear shorts to the MDR *every* night on an RCI ship.

Just out of curiosity, GD, when you went to the MDR for dinner, did you cruise around the dining room on the way to your table to scope out what everyone was wearing?

How many cruisers did you actually take note of what they were wearing in the MDR? You think it was a good representative sample?

My point being, when DW and I enter the MDR, I couldn't even tell you what any of the cruisers were wearing at the hostess stand. Last thing on my mind, what anyone else was wearing in the MDR.

And for all you cruisers who claim your dinner is ruined by shorts and tank top wearers, you really need to get a life, and maybe lower you nose a little bit.

Just my two cents!

Harvey

s3lcg4.jpg

I think that is why everyone came to America right? Freedom! I think we should all just mind our own business and enjoy the cruise instead of spending time trying to dictate others' cruise experiences.:)

x7olv.jpg

Just my two cents!

Harvey

I did not comment on my personal feelings - as long as people are clean and not coming straight from the gym, it makes no difference to me what others are wearing.

I was responding to a question regarding current dining room standards.

Actually, dining room doors were closed each evening, so there was ample opportunity to notice what guests were wearing. Doors never opened "early" they were usually a couple of minutes late, or on time, and there was usually a line each evening. This was MDR second seating.

Just my two cents!

Harvey

Luckily you are in the minority HARVEY[emoji107]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just my two cents!

Harvey

Actually I am always first into dining room in line 20 min early, only one door into main dining room, sail alone having table to myself and was near that front door. So I don't miss much myself as I watch young Grand kids when I'm not sailing. On Serenade in Oct/Dec dis B2B2B2B they did send a couple men to change out of shorts but I think was formal nites...