Royal Caribbean False Advertising

Tm100

Hold up. At the same time that they changed pricing structure they ALSO decimated old brands within the store that people loved, and changed the stores around entirely to look cool. They changed the music to lure in younger shoppers who were never going there anyway unless dragged there by parents, while at the same time making it unpleasant for those parents trying to buy clothes for their families.

I had a few go-to things I loved there for while I was dropping weight and they got rid of them all. I cannot find what I need there, and when I do find something, there are 6 unmanned pay stations for every one that's open, which means a 25 minute wait in line.

We once lurked around men's suits for over 20 minutes waiting for someone to help us. Three employees raced by, ignoring my "excuse me" as they ran into or out of the back. They just don't care to help.

There is FAR more than the pricing as to why fewer people are shopping there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How about Saturn? No discounts

They're gone now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

As retailers like JC Penny are trying to stay open amid more and more people choosing to shop online...those three employees were probably busy trying to help all the shoppers in the store...with less sales comes less payroll and less employees to run the business....also why they have lots of registers and only a few people running them...

How about Saturn? No discounts

They're gone now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hold up. At the same time that they changed pricing structure they ALSO decimated old brands within the store that people loved, and changed the stores around entirely to look cool. They changed the music to lure in younger shoppers who were never going there anyway unless dragged there by parents, while at the same time making it unpleasant for those parents trying to buy clothes for their families.

I had a few go-to things I loved there for while I was dropping weight and they got rid of them all. I cannot find what I need there, and when I do find something, there are 6 unmanned pay stations for every one that's open, which means a 25 minute wait in line.

We once lurked around men's suits for over 20 minutes waiting for someone to help us. Three employees raced by, ignoring my "excuse me" as they ran into or out of the back. They just don't care to help.

There is FAR more than the pricing as to why fewer people are shopping there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What does JC Penney have to do with RCL? Why don't you just shop online like millions of Americans are?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Who cares what it is called? If you like the final price, you buy it; if you don't, then move on with your life. No one forces anyone to cruise. It remains your choice.

My pillow didn't make you buy their pillows you could have moved on.

somebody chose to Sue and Won.

April 2014.

You nailed it again Bob. We were on Jewel then and the first BOGO came out. We had been planning on booking Freedom for the same time in 2015 so we knew what the pre-sale price was. We really did get 50% off the 2nd person on that cruise and paid less than the cruise we were on. I started the roll call and within a month new people were paying what was a month earlier the regular price, but it was raised up to be the same amount as pre-sale after applying the sale price.

OMG - that was my first cruise, Jan '88 Carnivale.

You beat us by a year. Interesting ship.

Our son in the US Navy was born Nov 1989, do the math. ;)

I guess uppers and lowers aren't so bad after all. ;p

They get away with it because they pull the special pricing back after a certain amount of days, and then have regular pricing for 2-3 days, and then another sale. the next sale will have slight adjustments to it. Also, they change pricing on every room slightly. There is a new sale coming out on the 1st. I took screen shots of pricing for a few cruises yesterday. today they will be a little higher, tomorrow, right back to the same bottom line (value plus OBC) as yesterday.. Same old same old.. smoke and mirrors.

That is the way I remember if. Part of what you said about decimating old brands, may have been what I remembered where they got rid of all "hard lines" and had only "soft lines". That is when I quit shopping there. I have probably been in JCP 3 times in the past 25 years.

What I struggle to understand is why does it matter? I have a budget at which I feel a cruise is a good value. I would not pay more than I am comfortable with because of a sale, no matter how it is worded and no matter how long it lasts. If I decide that my price point is $120 per day, am I going to pay $170 per day because it is 50% off the full fare, no. Sale is irrelevant.

Having worked in advertising and related fields for 1000 years, I just have to laugh. False advertising - that's the entire industry. They are selling you a dream, an idea. Some of you probably think "reality" tv is actually real. :D

Hi Cindy - hope you are doing great!

Hi Cindy - hope you are doing great!

I am! We're going up to Fredericksburg [emoji485] on Saturday for a long weekend, then when we get back we have less than 3 weeks until we leave for Rome![emoji173]

Sent from my iPad using Forums