Princess show

Teibban

As posted, all shows are walk in. Each ship is a little different. Normally there are two shows per evening in the theater, one around 8/8:15pm and the other around 10/10:15pm. Some evenings there may be a 7pm show. Usually the 8/8:15pm slot is totally full. You have to arrive around 30 mins early to find a nice seat. Those arriving 5 mins before show time generally have to stand. The late show is not as crowded.

Most ships have additional shows to in the Vista Lounge or Explorer's Lounge. These are smaller venues and fill quickly. For a good comic mid evening show in one of these venues arrive at least 30 mins early. Watch the Princess Patter for shows, entertainers and showtimes. They change each day. Not all ships have the Vista Lounge and Explorer's lounge. Some have one, some have both.

Most ships have additional shows to in the Vista Lounge or Explorer's Lounge. These are smaller venues and fill quickly. For a good comic mid evening show in one of these venues arrive at least 30 mins early. Watch the Princess Patter for shows, entertainers and showtimes. They change each day. Not all ships have the Vista Lounge and Explorer's lounge. Some have one, some have both.

For all the smaller lounges arriving 30 minutes early is mandatory. People are usually standing there waiting for the seated crown to leave (many which do not).

I may be wrong but doesn't making reservation (like on RCI) mean that you have tickets and not a reserved seat. So if you arrive 5 minutes before showtime there might be 2 seats remaining but not necessarily together.

Sounds like if you want a decent seat you'll still have to get there early anyway.

Not to hijack the OP's thread but could someone mention some shows not to be missed? We aren't big show people but we might like to see one that's really popular. We like musicals, acrobatics, not so much comedy shows. We will be on the Coral to Alaska.

Not to hijack the OP's thread but could someone mention some shows not to be missed? We aren't big show people but we might like to see one that's really popular. We like musicals, acrobatics, not so much comedy shows. We will be on the Coral to Alaska.

Acrobats can frequently be seen in the Piazza performing afternoons and evenings.

Most of them are very good, especially considering they're standing on a moving floor.

We find all the production shows entertaining. Some guest entertainers are good, some not so good. Have not seen any acrobatic shows in the theaters and lounges, but there may be a performer in the Piazza area that has a few evening shows about 10/15 mins long. Steve Morris is a good guitar playing comic that has been on the Alaska route the last few years. Maybe he will be on your ship, maybe not.

The Princess Theater capacity was built for smaller ships (Grand Class and smaller). They used to have three shows and it was easy to walk in and find a seat.

The newer ships have the same capacity in the Princess Theater, but upwards of a 1000 more passengers (Royal verses Coral).

I wish Princess would either return to three performances or spread it out over two nights. Imagine how much they would "save" on entertainment guests.

Two theater ships are better than one. At least passengers are divided into two showrooms.

But, alas, if you are in the theater, you aren't making purchases (except from the bar). $$$$$

the variety type of shows like acrobatics, string quartets, etc. are usually done in the grand atrium area called the Piazza. It's not a theater, you show up and see if you can find a chair, an edge of a planter or a close by bar stool with a view. There's also piano bars, lounge acts.

Add me to those saying we're glad there's no reserving for the shows.

"On the Bayou" without a doubt it the best they have on that ship. Get there early- it fills up fast in the smaller lounge at the rear of the ship.

• 3 months later...
Why doesn't Princess have Broadway productions?
Princess currently has two shows on certain ships that were produced and directed by Broadway producer/director Steven Schwartz. They are Magic to Do and Born to Dance. Princess has contracted for a total of 4 shows from Steven Schwartz. So there are two more shows to come.

Why doesn't Princess have Broadway productions?

They might not be Broadway productions but still entertaining. Some better than others.

Glad you cannot reserve seat' date=' get there a half hour early and you will be fine.

On some ships the 10 pm show is deserted.[/quote']

Princess cruisers usually fall asleep but the time the 10 PM show ends. ;)

Spouse and I just completed 10 Day SFO - Alaska on the Grand Princess. Impossible(!) to get two seats in the Princess Theater unless at least 30 min early.

Sending your teenager to seat hog up to eight seats at a time is not only against rules, but rude - especially when the remaining 7 folks interrupt others deep into the performance. I

We saw this in every show in the PT this cruise. Not cool!

What was cool, though, was the cast of Born to Dance! This one one of the best performances we've seen at sea.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thank god for no reserving of seats (yet) on Princess IMO, I don't mind having to go a half an hour early if need be to get a seat if we want to see a show. I don't want to have to worry about being on a schedule for all the parts of my vacations before I even leave home, times for shore excursions and dinner are enough for me lol!

Spouse and I just completed 10 Day SFO - Alaska on the Grand Princess. Impossible(!) to get two seats in the Princess Theater unless at least 30 min early.

Sending your teenager to seat hog up to eight seats at a time is not only against rules, but rude - especially when the remaining 7 folks interrupt others deep into the performance. I

We saw this in every show in the PT this cruise. Not cool!

What was cool, though, was the cast of Born to Dance! This one one of the best performances we've seen at sea.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

All Princess ships are practically the same. I always get there very early to reserve my 2.

They might not be Broadway productions but still entertaining. Some better than others.

Princess cruisers usually fall asleep but the time the 10 PM show ends. ;)

On the Crown a few weeks ago quite a few of the 10 pm shows filled up. Was a little annoying as we missed one figuring that would never happen.

After that we got there at least 20 minutes before starting time.

I liked the reservation on RCL as I didn't have to show up 30 minutes before the show started. On our recent Celebrity cruise the shows were never filled up. We could show up any time.

How do reservations work on RCL? Do you just present your ticket and then select any available seat or do they have assigned seating?