off limits?

smurf1635

We are sailing Summit later this month. This is my second Celebrity cruise and snagged a super great deal for an inside cabin. I have heard that Michael's Club and Luminae are venues that are off limits to me, either due to my Celebrity Status or cabin class (not sure which). Are there any other venues off limits to me?

Also, if I may ask another question, I see on the decription of the ship (on a TA site) that there is a movie theather, but I cant find one on the deck plans.

Robin

I have heard that Michael's Club and Luminae are venues that are off limits to me, either due to my Celebrity Status or cabin class (not sure which). Are there any other venues off limits to me? Robin

Robin,

Michael's Club is a lounge reserved for suites and/or Zenith Captain Club's members. Luminae is the suite restaurant, and reserved for suites and their for a fee invited guests.

Blu, the restaurant for Aqua Class guests is another venue that would be off limits to you.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

Texted is correct. Please note that you will be welcome in the remaining venues, which are terrific! I love playing Bocce on the Lawn Club, take advantage of the specialty restaurant package and the premium drink package.

I don't know about the movie theatre, but know you will enjoy your cruise!

Michael's Club and Luminae for suite guest. If you become a Zenith member in the Captain's Club you will have access to MC. The restaurant Blu is for Aqua Class cabins.

As to movies. In the past they have at time played movies in the Celebrity Theater or Celebrity Central. On the M-Class ships they have added a outdoor theater aft on deck 12.

Texted is correct. Please note that you will be welcome in the remaining venues, which are terrific! I love playing Bocce on the Lawn Club, take advantage of the specialty restaurant package and the premium drink package.

I don't know about the movie theatre, but know you will enjoy your cruise!

Just a quick note...there is no Lawn Club on the Summit.

As the previous poster has said, the "movie theater" is an outdoor space with a giant screen and comfortable lounge seating all around the deck area. It's called the Rooftop Terrace.

On the Summit there is a roof top terrace that shows movies outdoors. Movies are not typically shown indoors. There is NO Lawn Club on the Summit.

Summit only has two specialty restaurants. Qsine and Tuscan Grill (and Sushi on 5 which is an a la carte restaurant).

The info above regarding the "off limits" venues are correct. On Summit (and I sail ever year on this ship), I have never seen anyone in there. It's kind of in a dark hovel by the photographer's gallery. Not very inviting so you won't feel you are missing anything.

WOW!

Just found out I like dark hovels. Will talk to my shrink about this and also my suite addiction.

haha I agree. Our first cruise in about a month, sure looking forward to relaxing in the dark hovel area, and everything else the Summit has to offer. :D Cheers!

There is one more area that will most likely be closed to you at certain times. They usually have the Captain's Club elite and over happy hour up in the lounge on the top deck (can't remember the name of it ... Sky or Observation, I think). This is from 5 - 7 PM most evenings and will have a sign listing that it is a 'private event' during these hours.

There is one more area that will most likely be closed to you at certain times. They usually have the Captain's Club elite and over happy hour up in the lounge on the top deck (can't remember the name of it ... Sky or Observation, I think). This is from 5 - 7 PM most evenings and will have a sign listing that it is a 'private event' during these hours.

We've noticed on our last few cruises that unless there is a very large group of Elites, only a portion of the Sky Lounge will be blocked off. Recently on the Reflection and the front area was blocked off but the starboard side of the lounge was available to anyone.

Your are right that they used to close off the whole lounge. Now they will rope off part of the lounge. As less people show up now that people have drink packages. On the S Class ship they have been roping off the port side and half the bar for the Elite Event. On the M-Class ship they roped off the port side only. We have been booking sky suites lately and we are spending more time at Michael's Club. Our next cruise is on Solstice. We cant wait to see Rose our Captain's Club Hostess.

Your are right that they used to close off the whole lounge. Now they will rope off part of the lounge. As less people show up now that people have drink packages. On the S Class ship they have been roping off the port side and half the bar for the Elite Event. On the M-Class ship they roped off the port side only. We have been booking sky suites lately and we are spending more time at Michael's Club. Our next cruise is on Solstice. We cant wait to see Rose our Captain's Club Hostess.

On our last two cruises on the Equinox, it was packed up there ...they even had the vouchers on this last one and it was still packed. The doors were locked and they were checking everyone's card to make sure you were eligible. I don't doubt what you are saying but this hasn't been my experience. I must have chosen cruises with many elite and higher.

On Summit (and I sail ever year on this ship), I have never seen anyone in there. It's kind of in a dark hovel by the photographer's gallery. Not very inviting so you won't feel you are missing anything.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my friends in the "dark hovel" on my upcoming Summit cruise. It's really not that dark. There is a door that leads directly out to the deck. And it's hardly a hovel. Hovel: a small, squalid, unpleasant, or simply constructed dwelling.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my friends in the "dark hovel" on my upcoming Summit cruise. It's really not that dark. There is a door that leads directly out to the deck. And it's hardly a hovel. Hovel: a small, squalid, unpleasant, or simply constructed dwelling.

Hi Linda, Let them believe what they believe. We know how wonderful the MC can be.:cool:

Another fan of the dark hovel. Michael's Club was amazing on Summit durIng my last cruise. Nice venue with super friendly fellow cruisers, amazing staff, comfy seats and great vibe. That said my next cruise is in a non-suite and there are plenty of nice areas available to all passengers. While I will miss Michael's Club, Celebrity is still a nice cruise line regardless of starteroom category and loyalty club status.

Count me in as a MC fan!

Had a lovely time conversing and meeting people whenever we stopped in for before or after dinner cocktails and really enjoyed the Capt/officers evening.

It's far from a "dark hovel" and was never empty when we sailed the Summit last summer.

Looking forward to it on our next 2 cruises!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We think MC layout on M Class is nicer than on S Class. At one point the S class space was converted to a beer venue and stripped of some of its coziness but did not last very long.

Before it was a Zenith/suite lounge, MC was an Elite Lounge during certain hrs in the morning and late afternoon, and a nice piano bar at night.. Before that it was a cigar lounge, ( cough cough) with humidors, and dark decor.

We can no longer visit being neither Zenith nor suite guests but do not feel deptived. As a practical matter Elite numbers and those with Diamond reciprocity have grown and the space became too small . Same thing happened to Diamonds on Royal C.

We are presently happy in AQ with BLU..,and have found other spaces to replace our visits to MC...Having the Elite breakfast in Tuscan is definitely an upgrade and being upstairs for the Elite hour is fine for us,.

OP will find many spaces to enjoy the cruise!

On the Summit there is a roof top terrace that shows movies outdoors. Movies are not typically shown indoors. There is NO Lawn Club on the Summit.

Summit only has two specialty restaurants. Qsine and Tuscan Grill (and Sushi on 5 which is an a la carte restaurant).

The info above regarding the "off limits" venues are correct. On Summit (and I sail ever year on this ship), I have never seen anyone in there. It's kind of in a dark hovel by the photographer's gallery. Not very inviting so you won't feel you are missing anything.

I , too, will be spending plenty time in the HOVEL, with 10 of my friends.

That is, of course, when we're NOT holding court on the aft 4 cabins on Deck 6. This includes both PH suites and the adjoining S1 cabins.

I personally love the hovel. I don't find it dark and foreboding at all. And I'm sure that once you book a suite, you can find out dor yourself, instead of merely speculating....

I , too, will be spending plenty time in the HOVEL, with 10 of my friends.

That is, of course, when we're NOT holding court on the aft 4 cabins on Deck 6. This includes both PH suites and the adjoining S1 cabins.

I personally love the hovel. I don't find it dark and foreboding at all. And I'm sure that once you book a suite, you can find out dor yourself, instead of merely speculating....

Cheryl, I don't have to go in (although I have) to see that there is no one in there whenever I have passed by. It is indeed dark. There are no windows. This is on the Summit. However, if you enjoy it...good for you. Not my cup of tea and I don't feel I'm missing anything. This is the reason I don't travel in suites. I don't need or want the perks that come with it. In fact some of them make me very uncomfortable. So I stand by my description and comments and I see no reason to defend them. To each their own.

Your word choice is very interesting. ...holding court? You should not assume that everyone would travel suite class if they could. In fact, I know very wealthy individuals that loathe drawing attention to themselves and would never flaunt their wealth. Class and wealth are often mistaken for one another.

Edited by Fish Lover

FYI......the main activity that occurs in MC is near the far wall by the bar where there is plenty of room and lots of seats. Not easy to see from the doors on M class and around a corner on S class. There can be a jolly party going on but from the walkway it could seem 'dead'.

Cheryl, I don't have to go in (although I have) to see that there is no one in there whenever I have passed by. It is indeed dark. There are no windows. This is on the Summit. However, if you enjoy it...good for you. Not my cup of tea and I don't feel I'm missing anything. This is the reason I don't travel in suites. I don't need or want the perks that come with it. In fact some of them make me very uncomfortable. So I stand by my description and comments and I see no reason to defend them. To each their own.

Your word choice is very interesting. ...holding court? You should not assume that everyone would travel suite class if they could. In fact, I know very wealthy individuals that loathe drawing attention to themselves and would never flaunt their wealth. Class and wealth are often mistaken for one another.

Wealth has nothing to do with my cabin choices. You are obviously confused. I love Luminae and MC; if I have to book a suite to access them, so be it. As ong as I don't ask YOU to help me pay my fare, you are not entitled to comment on my cabin choices....

I'll leave it at that.... I'm in no mood to debate you tonight.

And while there may not be any windows in MC on the Summit, there IS a door to the outside.

Next time you're on Summit you should ask the concierge to give you a tour..

Enjoy your evening....