What determines an invite to Helipad for sail aways?

Pier290

Just an FYI, there is not a separate concierge for concierge class cabins. There is a concierge that's available for all of the passengers on the ship.

Suite guests are the only ones who have their own concierge who's "office" is in Michaels club.

There is now; they were introduced in the last round of enhancements to Concierge Class ;).

Well thanks for that info, I have read so many times that that wasn't the case, just today in fact.

We only sail suites on Celebrity, so I know for sure suites have one.

Here you go:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2352151&highlight=Concierge+Class+changes

Previous Host Andy posted all the details to the Concierge Class changes last May (2016) ;).

We did a B2B in Feb/March, regular balcony cabin and got an invitation for the helipad sailing out of one of the islands. It was pouring rain that day so no helipad. The next day it was sunny and got another invitation for that island. I didn't have closed toe shoes so a no go for us.

Don't slam me but what is the big deal about sail away on the helipad? Yes it is at the front of the ship but you still see the same things if you were up on the top deck. I don't see why everyone gets all excited about being invited. Please let me know what I missed lol.

The funniest experience of this was once on a sail into Venice, we were getting ready to go up to the helipad for the sail in, we opened our blinds once we were dressed only to discover we had already passed St Marks, oops somebody had got their wires crossed. Xx

That's too bad. A few years ago when we sailed Summit in the Mediterranean, I got the Captain's Club host to let us go to the helipad for the sail-in to Venice and it was great! We weren't Elite at the time (we are now) but had gotten friendly with the host. So to answer one of the original questions, yes, you can ask for an invitation, although you may not get it.

I think it depends on a lot of factors - primarily your CC status, the type of room you are in, who is doing the inviting, and perhaps most importantly how many sail-away options there will be. For example, if they are only opening up the deck for one sail-away that cruise, chances are only suite guests, Zenith and perhaps Elite+ will get invited. If they are offering multiple sail aways, then the invite group will likely be expanded. If you are in a suite and want an invite, I would ask the Concierge in Michaels to get one set-up for you.

Do it early; I have friends who have not been invited yet, so I am asking as soon as I board for the four of us. I am in a suite (elite) and they have been in one and never asked after several cruises, so I am asking MC and CC....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were sailing Aqua for our first Celebrity Cruise last week and received an invite to the helipad for PR. I found all on the helipad were members of our meet and greet here. I would strongly suggest signing up for this to enhance your chances.

I think it depends on a lot of factors - primarily your CC status, the type of room you are in, who is doing the inviting, and perhaps most importantly how many sail-away options there will be. For example, if they are only opening up the deck for one sail-away that cruise, chances are only suite guests, Zenith and perhaps Elite+ will get invited. If they are offering multiple sail aways, then the invite group will likely be expanded. If you are in a suite and want an invite, I would ask the Concierge in Michaels to get one set-up for you.

We book an inside cabin. It's worked fine for us so far. (3 cruises and counting on the Eclipse)We then take the "extra" saved cash & do numerous excursions & dine at the various specialty rest.(on the Eclipse)I guess we don't spend enough, as we've not gotten the invitation to the helipad sail away. We still have too much fun to let it bother us.