Say it aint so....so long aspen coffee....

riandei

I heard from another thread that you can now pay the difference and the 18% gratuity on the difference. They did move a lot of things to the Premium package like Bailey's Amaretto, Jack Daniel's, etc. so this is not the only thing affected.

But I think if you have the classic package you now just pay the difference and gratuity. Standard package cannot do this and must pay the whole drink price and gratuity. Is this true? Can we now pay the difference?

On equinox....aspen coffee price raised...only available on premium pkg

Affogato off menu

Your subject line almost gave me a heart attack! :D We love Aspens and are looking forward to it on our cruise in less than 2 weeks. As the previous poster stated, I believe that if you have the Classic Package, you only need to pay the difference. We upgraded to the premium package, just like more choices and not having to worry about what is and is not included.

Sad to hear about the affogato.

Can someone please explain what an Aspen coffee is? Thanks

Drink recipe for Aspen Coffee. Ingredients: 1/2 oz. Kahlua, 1/2 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream, 1/2 oz. Frangelico, Fill with hot coffee, Whipped cream garnish, -

• Like 1

The contents minus the coffee replaced by Creme de Cacao is my evening dessert while waiting for the show to start. :D

Nice...will be trying that in four weeks.....I hate to admit it as I hate waste but to me one of the real advantages of the premium package (and paying a bit more when necessary) is I will try new things....Once I am 'buying' something I become all conservative and stick to what I know I will like!

We are slso Aspen Coffee fans..it had disappeared for awhile (like Celebrity Dressing ) but came back by popular request...guess we'll pay a bit more.

We serve it at home to guests..always a big hit!

Pardon my stupid question, but if I want a single shot of espresso and a shot of Sambuca could I order both at Cafe al Bacio or would I have to go to a different bar to get the shot of Sambuca since that specific drink isn't on Cafe al Bacio's menu?

Pardon my stupid question, but if I want a single shot of espresso and a shot of Sambuca could I order both at Cafe al Bacio or would I have to go to a different bar to get the shot of Sambuca since that specific drink isn't on Cafe al Bacio's menu?

If you have the drinks package, al Bacio has the alcohol or will get it for you and have it on hand everyday if you let them know. It may be two different "charges" but no cost.

If you have the drinks package, al Bacio has the alcohol or will get it for you and have it on hand everyday if you let them know. It may be two different "charges" but no cost.

Thank you very much for your response, Arno.

I heard from another thread that you can now pay the difference and the 18% gratuity on the difference. They did move a lot of things to the Premium package like Bailey's Amaretto, Jack Daniel's, etc. so this is not the only thing affected.

But I think if you have the classic package you now just pay the difference and gratuity. Standard package cannot do this and must pay the whole drink price and gratuity. Is this true? Can we now pay the difference?

Just disembarked the Equinox on Monday. If you have the Classic package, and choose a drink outside the price range, you WILL BE CHARGED THE FULL AMOUNT PLUS THE 18% GRATUITY! If you have the Premium package and choose a drink outside the price range, you will pay the difference plus the 18% gratuity.

We were on Silhouette March 1w and had aspen coffee everyday with classic package. They already had the liquors mixed and just pumped it in the cup. Can't believe you have to have premium package now to get it. I hope this is not true!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Your subject line almost gave me a heart attack! :D We love Aspens and are looking forward to it on our cruise in less than 2 weeks. As the previous poster stated, I believe that if you have the Classic Package, you only need to pay the difference. We upgraded to the premium package, just like more choices and not having to worry about what is and is not included.

Sad to hear about the affogato.

Your not on your own there..... one of my after dinner drinks... to help make way for a little G & T. We always upgrade to the premium package and before they were free... it was the premium that we bought... as they don't do the "Black Stuff" = Guinness on the classic. The things you have to do to get a meal in a glass:halo:

What's the current cost to upgrade per day to the Premium package from Classic? Love my Aspen coffees also.

First we need to understand if it moved to the Premium altogether. The Classic package limit is now $9 per drink (as of April 1, 2017 I believe), the menu someone posted shows the drinks at $9 so why wouldn't they be included in the Classic package still? Also, you can now just pay the difference in cost with the new limits as of this week, so you can just pay the difference if you didn't necessarily want to upgrade. All this is information is available in another thread but I don;t know how ot post the link. But in case you still want to upgrade, the prices didn't change for the packages so it is stil $10 and $1.80 for the gratuity per day so a total of $11.80 per day to upgrade.

First we need to understand if it moved to the Premium altogether. The Classic package limit is now $9 per drink (as of April 1, 2017 I believe), the menu someone posted shows the drinks at $9 so why wouldn't they be included in the Classic package still? Also, you can now just pay the difference in cost with the new limits as of this week, so you can just pay the difference if you didn't necessarily want to upgrade. All this is information is available in another thread but I don't know how to post the link. But in case you still want to upgrade, the prices didn't change for the packages so it is stil $10 and $1.80 for the gratuity per day so a total of $11.80 per day to upgrade.

The link to the other thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2478908