No more adult only aft pools?

How miserable do you have to be to worry about children around a swimming pool. Were I a parent and I came across pools forbidden to my children I'd be furious. I wish there were cruises with pool areas which were closed to sad and whinging adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Then don't sail just about any other line because that's exactly what you would find. Maybe they could offer the "Faster to the Furious Pass" and take you directly there upon boarding so you could get it out of your system.

Were I a parent and I came across pools forbidden to my children I'd be furious.

Princess, HAL, Cunard, RCI, NCL, MSC, Disney, Celebrity, etc. all have age restricted pools on their ships.

I understand it is an emotional reaction when someone is not educated about what they speak of...but the education is free and will alleviate some of your misplaced anger.

I am sort of new to CC but by reading this thread (and many others like it), it just proves that people will look for something to complain about if there is nothing legitimate. Talk about first world problems....jees! I mean, for the price of a mid range hotel(if not cheaper) you get on a nice ship that provides you with a clean room, all the food you can possibly eat, great entertainment, AND they happen to take you to some of the most beautiful places on earth. But, a few kids in the pool just ruins it for you. Good grief! Seems like a lot of people would be better off to lock themselves in their house and hunker down in a corner with a blanket to protect themselves from all the horrible things in the world like kids in a pool, or noise from a dance club, or smoke from a smoking section, or gluten, or someone saying something in a language other than English, or a bed that's too soft, or too hard, or whatever else people can find to complain about.

I am sort of new to CC but by reading this thread (and many others like it), it just proves that people will look for something to complain about if there is nothing legitimate. Talk about first world problems....jees! I mean, for the price of a mid range hotel(if not cheaper) you get on a nice ship that provides you with a clean room, all the food you can possibly eat, great entertainment, AND they happen to take you to some of the most beautiful places on earth. But, a few kids in the pool just ruins it for you. Good grief! Seems like a lot of people would be better off to lock themselves in their house and hunker down in a corner with a blanket to protect themselves from all the horrible things in the world like kids in a pool, or noise from a dance club, or smoke from a smoking section, or gluten, or someone saying something in a language other than English, or a bed that's too soft, or too hard, or whatever else people can find to complain about.

The reality is that your entire statement can be turned around and applied to anyone who expresses any dissatisfaction whatsoever about adults-only facilities and offerings.

Both criticisms are without merit. It is legitimate to enjoy offerings that include children and it is legitimate to enjoy offerings that exclude children. No one is defective for seeking out and enjoying activities that include children. No one is defective for seeking out and enjoying activities that exclude children.

Respect other people's preferences as much as you would expect respect for your own.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

The problem isn't kids in the pool per se, it's more the behavior of kids in and around the pool. The typical behavior leans toward cannon balls, loud screaming, and splashing. Drinks wind up with pool water in them, books get wet and there is little room for all the life jackets and pool toys. So yes, first world problems but problems nonetheless.

If it were a hotel pool I wouldn't mind kids so much. But since the ship pools are really small it's nice to have one just for adults. The people who are furious that their kids can't go everywhere are ridiculous. There are times that I would love to use one of the hot tubs, but they are always filled with kids jumping, swimming etc. in them. Is that fair to those of us who would like to relax in them?? On the Miracle there are already TWO pools kids can use, plus a baby pool. Why do they need another one???

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:rolleyes: I seriously doubt you even read much of this thread, if any, because if you had, you'd know this isn't about "a few kids in the pool."

Am I supposed to feel guilty for living in a first-world country? Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't feel guilty at all. I never understood that argument. People who have made first-world nations what they are worked hard to do it. And continue to work hard to keep it. You yourself reap the benefits of the very first-world country you're whining about.

it ain't even about kids in the pool, its about the threat or promise that kids could be in the pool ON SHIPS THAT HAVE, OR HAD ADULT ONLY POOLS

and the choice to change these pools and areas to family friendly

and, that people may actually book these ships specifically because of these areas

and, since we and others have cruises booked sometimes a year or more in advance this amounts to a bait and switch type deal at worst, and a casual disregard for why some cruisers may have booked the ship\cruise

kind of like if you had your cruise booked and then they change all the dining to mcdonalds big macs and you can't stand the special sauce - or carnival suddenly cancels all comedy clubs on the ships, or makes lets say AN ADULT ONLY CRUISE then notifies all the families they'll have to cancel or rebook

but yea, it can seem like people use flowery language or over simplifications to explain their positions

we hang out in the smoking areas part of the day to people watch, and we get to see tons of kids there - other parts of the day we hang out in the comedy club and we see tons of kids there - and other times we hang out in the adult only area and we DON'T want to see anything but other overweight underdressed people there too!

Am I supposed to feel guilty for living in a first-world country? Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't feel guilty at all. I never understood that argument. People who have made first-world nations what they are worked hard to do it. And continue to work hard to keep it. You yourself reap the benefits of the very first-world country you're whining about.
While I agree with you that SCAnthony's comment is without merit, what you've written here is utter nonsense. Live abroad for a few years among the native residents of Chennai or Taipei or Surabaya and then talk to me about how much hard work translates into affluence, luxury, leisure, etc. The reality is that life isn't fair, and what distinguishes the first-world from the rest of the world is that we benefit from that unfairness, and, especially those of us fortunate enough to be able to afford to take cruise vacations, revel in an overwhelming amount of benefits out of proportion to how hard we work for it, as compared to the rest of the world. So yes, these are first-world problems. that doesn't mean we should not talk about them: This website is not for discussion of the critically important issues. This website is very explicitly intended for discussions about first-world concerns, specifically.

Princess, HAL, Cunard, RCI, NCL, MSC, Disney, Celebrity, etc. all have age restricted pools on their ships.

I understand it is an emotional reaction when someone is not educated about what they speak of...but the education is free and will alleviate some of your misplaced anger.

Oh good, then all of the people whining about not having an adults only pool to use, have plenty of other cruise lines to go on. It's a win win.

Oh good, then all of the people whining about not having an adults only pool to use, have plenty of other cruise lines to go on. It's a win win.

Another post that more or less discounts the opinions of those who have invested a lot of vacation time and dollars with Carnival.

Yes we can go to another line (and many of us have) but don't begrudge us for being peeved that the line we help build is turning in to something that is no longer for us.

Another post that more or less discounts the opinions of those who have invested a lot of vacation time and dollars with Carnival. Yes we can go to another line (and many of us have) but don't begrudge us for being peeved that the line we help build is turning in to something that is no longer for us.

We've been vacationing at Walt Disney World practically every year, sometimes making two or three trips in a year, for over twenty five years. The fact that Disney is making their theme parks more attractive to families with today's teenagers instead of continuing to offer is what we've always enjoyed there is not anything we have standing to begrudge. The money we paid to them for the last twenty five years (including a 45 year ownership interest in their vacation club which continues for another 22 years) doesn't give us claim on them beyond what that explicitly promised to us.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Edited by bUU

But what cruise line will you go on when Carnivals ships and itineraries no longer interest you?

There's an odd phenomenon on cruise critic it seems that if you don't like "something", a change, you are immediately branded a whiner and told to seek greener pastures. I thought this was a site for civil discussions. People are allowed to like and dislike certain things and vocalize and expand on those.

Again, I understand your perspective is an emotional and not educated one.

Another post that more or less discounts the opinions of those who have invested a lot of vacation time and dollars with Carnival.

Yes we can go to another line (and many of us have) but don't begrudge us for being peeved that the line we help build is turning in to something that is no longer for us.

No offence but I don't think Carnival owes anybody, anything. There's plenty of people who helped "build" Carnival that are ok with the pools being kid friendly.

But what cruise line will you go on when Carnivals ships and itineraries no longer interest you?

There's an odd phenomenon on cruise critic it seems that if you don't like "something", a change, you are immediately branded a whiner and told to seek greener pastures. I thought this was a site for civil discussions. People are allowed to like and dislike certain things and vocalize and expand on those.

Again, I understand your perspective is an emotional and not educated one.

I'm far from uneducated. My perspective is this, if people want a kid free pool and Carnival is no longer providing that, then go elsewhere. It's not rocket science.

Fortunately I am at an age where I can afford to pick and choose where and how I vacation. If I don't want to be around a bunch of kids at a pool I will take my dollars somewhere else. Not a big deal, or ROCKET SCIENCE!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How miserable do you have to be to worry about children around a swimming pool. Were I a parent and I came across pools forbidden to my children I'd be furious. I wish there were cruises with pool areas which were closed to sad and whinging adults.

Well aren't you special! Here's a tip for you stay away from Viking Ocean because not only are their pools forbidden to your nonexistent children, the whole ship is. They don't allow children under 18 at all and frankly I'm quite happy about that.

A nearly former Carnival cruiser (I've got 1 more booked & I'd consider the Pride for its adults only Serenity with the lovely pool & hot tubs) who's

looking forward to the Viking Sea.

I'm far from uneducated. My perspective is this, if people want a kid free pool and Carnival is no longer providing that, then go elsewhere. It's not rocket science.

Many have said this....they will select ships that meet their needs, whether it be a Carnival ship or another line.

The problem when this thread started was that there are many of us, already booked and in final payment, who made a choice based on known adult areas and were not able to make a change.

I selected my upcoming B2B on the Splendor based on my past experience. If I had known that these pool/hot tubs were going to be family friendly I would have picked a different ship in the first place because I don't like the Serenity Deck on the Splendor. I did not have that option when the announcement was made

Not everyone is a "whiner" for posting their experiences. That is what the forums are supposed to be about - cruise discussion - so that we can query when making vacation decisions.

Many have said this....they will select ships that meet their needs, whether it be a Carnival ship or another line.

The problem when this thread started was that there are many of us, already booked and in final payment, who made a choice based on known adult areas and were not able to make a change.

I selected my upcoming B2B on the Splendor based on my past experience. If I had known that these pool/hot tubs were going to be family friendly I would have picked a different ship in the first place because I don't like the Serenity Deck on the Splendor. I did not have that option when the announcement was made

Not everyone is a "whiner" for posting their experiences. That is what the forums are supposed to be about - cruise discussion - so that we can query when making vacation decisions.

True enough, discussion is one the basics here, but that discussion includes both sides. Just roll with it, not everyone will have your same point of view. I actually enjoy "all" of the banter.

Sent from my iPhone

Wow, I'm not going to do it though....I just can't 😒

If you don't have the nerve to say what you want to say, why do you even bother replying to my post at all just to say you "can't" do it? Let me guess, you're another bleeding heart who believes we didn't earn any of what we have, that we've only achieved our prosperity by taking advantage of the rest of the world. Sound about right?

No offence but I don't think Carnival owes anybody, anything. There's plenty of people who helped "build" Carnival that are ok with the pools being kid friendly.

Well, according to the poll, that would be about 6% of the community. Now, if you want to consider 6% to be plenty, that's fine but I consider the 85%+ to be plenty more.