Would you recommend buying RCCL Stock?

Wondering how it's performance has been doing as well as it being good for OBC! Glad you bought it or wish you had not?

Thanks

Glad I bought it at $10, but would not buy it now.

Ok, we are Emerald with RC. but haven't sailed them in a while. Please fill me in on RCCL's gimmick fares please:)!

Pretty much anything being marketed as a discount off of some unknown and mysterious full price. Examples would be things like buy one and the second person is 30% off (or whatever % you feel like pulling out of the air), or buy a cruise and get every third night for free.

Typically, the final price is the same, or higher, than the cost of the cruise before the gimmick fare, or sale, went into effect.

I had bought it many years ago, price around $20 per share, used the OBC often, sold the stock when it hit $85. i wish i had held it a bit longer. They have limited the use of the OBC , as Diamond plus and using the balcony discount they no longer will allow the OBC from owning the stock. The company is a good one, and well run so you need to decide what your goal is if you own Royal stock. No pat answer.

Definitely wouldn't buy it. It's rarely combinable with any decent fare they offer. If you want to pay the full fare, then you can use it but that'll cost you a whole lot more.

If you want a good stock, go with CCL. Princess, HAL, Carnival, Cunard and a few others will let you combine the stockholders with the military OBC, the latest sale fare and group fares just to name a few.

I own the stock. I have tried to get the OBC for years with the cruises I have done. Never have I qualified! It is always because I got the D+ balcony discount, the XXX discount, the list goes on but I have never booked without some deal that disqualified the stockholder OBC. I have over 300 C&A points so I do cruise often. Shocking that I have never been able to qualify.

It's a nice safe stock but if you objective is wealth accumulation, there are many many better choices.

Safe until there's Concordia type situation or a recession or <fill in the blank>

Biker, who would never buy single stocks but definitely believes in investing in stocks.

Bought 110 shares when it was $8.00 a share in 2006. Just sold 10 shares to use the money towards an upcoming cruise in September. Only got the shareholder OBC when we booked interior cabins. I would not buy it now, at least not at the current price. And I can't afford to sell more just yet because of the capital gains tax. The dividends are nice though.

I have no regrets getting the stock. It has increased in value. I often book inside rooms so have gotten the shareholders benefit. All in all, no regrets. But mind you, I bought it as an investment not so that I could get the shareholder benefit

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have no regrets getting the stock. It has increased in value. I often book inside rooms so have gotten the shareholders benefit. All in all, no regrets. But mind you, I bought it as an investment not so that I could get the shareholder benefit

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are exactly the same, generally book insides and had our initial investment back X 20+. Bought 200 shares, half at $6 the other half a little more. We sold half the shares when they got to nearly $100 and kept the other . Our investment statement is very healthy and still getting OBC. Right time, right place.

Would I buy the shares at current prices? NO !!!

We bought as much as we could afford when it was about at it's lowest. (wish we could have bought more). We have always gotten inside cabins (2) and are able to get the OBC in both rooms, so it's definitely been worth it for us. Of course, we wish we would have bought a lot more since it's gone up so much but I definitely wouldn't buy it now.

Or the advice of anonymous people on a cruising message board.

Yeah, that too.

It's just that there are a lot of comments in here about how they wouldn't buy it at the current price, but to me that's just an absurd thing to say. Share price on its own doesn't tell you much.

Yeah, if you're looking at it on the basis of the shareholder OBC, no, it's probably not worth tying up 10 grand considering it's not combinable with anything. But if you're looking at it as an actual investment, share price on its own isn't really a relevant data point.