Close to Diamond Status

OP - sorry for the negative responses. Seems like a pretty good plan . . .if there is a loyalty scheme available, makes sense to do your best to maximize the results. Same applies for airlines, hotels or even for skeet ball! Why not take advantage of what is being offered?

Cheers

I would enroll my Mother as living at the same address and do a status match for the spouse.

I am assuming the OP is talking about her Daddy getting to Diamond level, and then also assuming Mommy lives with Daddy. Daddy's level gives Mommy the same status as long as they are living together at the same address and registered together on the same reservation in the same cabin.

My sister's new husband inherited her Diamond status on our cruise in February.

• 4 months later...
Perks are nice but not the reason to cruise.where you go and people you meet is number one for me.The ship and its amenities is second.How ever doing med and t/a b2b being Diamond after first half will be nice "perk".

We factor these things in as well. Price, itinerary, ship, and then status. We love meeting people as well and the ports. We're still friends with a group we met on a 2009 Thanksgiving cruise. Whatever your reasons for cruising are good reasons to cruise.

Diamond is ok but is not so awesome as to be preoccupied with it. When it happens it happens.

Amen. We're D+ but we were just as happy as D. It's the cruise--sometimes just to lay out, sometimes to explore new destinations, We're airline so we've been....well...one helluva lot of places on this earth..;.

Good for you! I am just 8 nights from Diamond, and after my Sept. 3 Oasis cruise, will just need 1 night. If I hadn't taken a few NCL cruises, I would be there, but I enjoyed them as well. I am looking forward to the Diamond lounge, as I don't buy the drink package. I am like a few others - when I reach Diamond, would like to try Celebrity and even MSC, as they match status.

Good for you! I am just 8 nights from Diamond, and after my Sept. 3 Oasis cruise, will just need 1 night. If I hadn't taken a few NCL cruises, I would be there, but I enjoyed them as well. I am looking forward to the Diamond lounge, as I don't buy the drink package. I am like a few others - when I reach Diamond, would like to try Celebrity and even MSC, as they match status.

We're definitely looking at Celebrity...especially SA, Antarctica, and Galapagos. We've also checked out MSC and Azamara.

We factor these things in as well. Price, itinerary, ship, and then status. We love meeting people as well and the ports. We're still friends with a group we met on a 2009 Thanksgiving cruise. Whatever your reasons for cruising are good reasons to cruise.

I believe what you've written here pretty much sums it all up. Benefits come, benefits go (hopefully, they stay around for a bit) but in the end we all look at the cruise, the itinerary, the ship, the amenities and then vote with our checkbook.

We've made a number of friends on cruises and we've maintained those friendships (even fellow cruisers in Europe) and that's part of it. Even the friendships that last only during the cruise.

It is, after all, what it is. If we didn't enjoy it, we'd stop in a heartbeat. As long as it offers what we need, we will pursue it.

when I reach Diamond, would like to try Celebrity and even MSC, as they match status.

Up to their Elite level but no further until you actually earn those points on those lines. Still agree, love that they do match

up to that point! :)

I am like a few others - when I reach Diamond, would like to try Celebrity and even MSC, as they match status.

Would go back to Celebrity, as I enjoyed cruising with X very much :D

We're definitely looking at Celebrity...especially SA, Antarctica, and Galapagos.

Galapagos with Celebrity Xpedition is amazing --highly recommended !!!

I am at diamond and it is not a big deal on rccl. I was traveling with my sister who was in same room and they would not let her attend anything with me because she was not diamond. That was my last cruise on rccl. When I mentioned it on here that I did not want to go to events alone and leave her in cabin by herself I was really attack in the negative. It seems to be a very touch subject for some people

You have three drinks loaded onto your card that can be used anywhere during the diamond cocktail time. Choose a favorite area and use it during this time. Not sure of any other "events" . Your sister does not have to be alone in the cabin! She can do something on her own or join you at a bar for drinks. As a solo traveller I don't understand the problem of not doing what you want and your sister doing what she wants . Maybe meeting new people.

I attained Diamond sort of the easy way, (at leas the cheaper way). My first cruise was way back in the 80s. A group of us would do the weekend Catalina/Ensenada cruise out of Long Beach every Memorial Day weekend for about 7 years. We were young and couldn't afford longer cruises. When RCL changed their loyalty point system, I suddenly found myself at Diamond.

I like the drink voucher system, because my traveling companions are not Diamond so I don't tend to hang out in the Diamond lounge.

Edited by WyKnott

I'm Diamond, and I got it the long way, 9 cruises over 20 years. Diamond doesn't really mean anything to me. I don't drink alcohol, and I don't spend a lot while I'm onboard. Besides the diamond lounge, I don't really see much of an advantage. We book inside cabins, so the C&A Balcony discount doesn't really matter much either.

Being able to "Brag" to others that we're diamond does absolutely nothing for me either.

When we first started cruising and Diamond status was the top, it was cool to think that we might get there sometime. Since then, they keep moving the perks further and further away with Diamond Plus, etc.... Some of the tours of the ship that they offered for diamond members looked cool, now you have to basically be part of the crew to be able to see the "non" passenger areas.

I didn't mean this to be a negative post, just how I feel about it. We still like cruising, but in the end, the C&A perks are kind of pointless.

We're taking a similar approach, we'll stick with RCI until we hit Diamond, before giving Celebrity try, perhaps a short taster cruise. With the benefits transferred of course ;p

I said the same thing, but haven't gotten around to that X cruise yet. Friends picked out a couple more cruise till '19. I wish X had a 4 day cruise somewhere near me.

To the OP, enjoy your cruises, I look forward to seeing you in the Diamond Lounge someday. We enjoy it immensely.

We are 11 points/nights away. We will be diamond for January anniversary cruise. No so for October one. My extended family goes once every 2 years. We all get suites, so points double. I am planning to look into X and Azmara after January with our TA.

As we're from the UK, we tend to take longer cruises. We're about to go on our 4th cruise and will hit Emerald at the end (3 x 14 night cruises plus a 13 night). That leaves us just 25 points shy of Diamond, so either 2 more cruises or 1 if I can persuade my partner to get a JS!

We don't cruise to get the points, but they are an added bonus, and I look forward to being able to access the fabled "diamond lounge"!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk