Breakfast Attire -Sabatini's

Coffeeluvr05

Our first Princess cruise is a week from today and we are going to be in a suite. As I understand it, we will get to have breakfast daily in Sabatini's. I'm not usually one to roll out of bed and throw on clothes to go out to breakfast, but I'm going to be on vacation. So my question is do people go to breakfast first thing without showering, putting on makeup, and perfectly coiffed hair? Or should I plan on getting ready for the day first and foregoing the pleasure of a leisurely morning? To clarify, I don't plan on going to breakfast in my pj's! ;p

Our first Princess cruise is a week from today and we are going to be in a suite. As I understand it, we will get to have breakfast daily in Sabatini's. I'm not usually one to roll out of bed and throw on clothes to go out to breakfast, but I'm going to be on vacation. So my question is do people go to breakfast first thing without showering, putting on makeup, and perfectly coiffed hair? Or should I plan on getting ready for the day first and foregoing the pleasure of a leisurely morning? To clarify, I don't plan on going to breakfast in my pj's! ;p

I think as long as you are not in your pj's, you will be fine.

Dress is whatever you are planning on wearing for the day. No one will know (or care) if you come with/without makeup. Whatever makes you comfortable. I would brush my teeth before getting up close and personal with the staff. But then again, the champagne/mimosas will kill any bacteria. It will probably take you an hour for breakfast. Lectures usually begin at 9 AM. So much to do, so little time to eat.

Dress is whatever you are planning on wearing for the day. No one will know (or care) if you come with/without makeup. Whatever makes you comfortable. I would brush my teeth before getting up close and personal with the staff. But then again, the champagne/mimosas will kill any bacteria. It will probably take you an hour for breakfast. Lectures usually begin at 9 AM. So much to do, so little time to eat.

Exactly! This is our first vacation in several years (I don't count weekend getaways as a vacation and they don't happen near enough) and with our itinerary being very port heavy, I am going to fully take advantage of sea days (3 of them) to relax!

I realize that breakfast at Sabatini's is a special perk for suite guests, just wondering if it is available to us commoners for a fee? I actually love having breakfast on my balcony in my robe, even if I must mix my own mimosa's, so chances are I wouldn't partake anyway. Still, just wondering.....

I realize that breakfast at Sabatini's is a special perk for suite guests, just wondering if it is available to us commoners for a fee? I actually love having breakfast on my balcony in my robe, even if I must mix my own mimosa's, so chances are I wouldn't partake anyway. Still, just wondering.....

Yes! If you purchase passage in a suite! ;)

Not available to anyone other than those in suites.

It is not available to you "commoners" for a fee. The restaurant has limited seating and if it was available to anyone for a fee it would dilute the advantage of booking a suite.

I almost always go to the gym right after breakfast and I just put on my work out clothes, cleaned the day before of course, and put a very nice cover up over the work out clothes. I have never seen anyone really dressed up for the Sabitini breakfast, but I tell you it is the best part of being in a suite. You will have such a good time. N

What makes the Sabatini's breakfast so special that many posters wax lyrically about. Is it the food, the ambience or the fact that it is limited top a small number of passengers and therefore a bit of an ego trip?

For us it is the service. They always seem helpful if you want something off the menu (we had asked if they had chocolate croissants but they didn't. The next day they had them and every day after that; they went and got them from the International Cafe). They also remember what you like and don't like and any special needs. My father has to drink thickened water and after the first morning we no longer have to remind them not to put water into his glass but just to bring an empty one.

What makes the Sabatini's breakfast so special that many posters wax lyrically about. Is it the food, the ambience or the fact that it is limited top a small number of passengers and therefore a bit of an ego trip?

Not an ego trip for me anyway but the rest is true. The wait staff are an absolute hoot. On the CB in January one of the Maitre 'd was hilarious. He and the waiters give each other s***, even some of the pax join in the "fun".

The mimosas / champagne flows freely. Food cooked to order and "entertainment" provided. Like someone else said plan on spending an hour having a relaxing breakfast then maybe another 30 minutes on your balcony lounger taking a knap.

It would be nice to have breakfast there even if only to get Eggs Benedict that wasn't terrible. As far as I can tell the suite breakfast in Sabatini's is the only place one can get decent Eggs Benedict on a Princess ship.

Don't be a hater. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Let me see...

Mimosa, mimosa, mimosa.

Doubleshot lattes. Didn't even have to tell them after the 2nd day. It was served 2 minutes after we sat down, along with the mimosa.

Special poached eggs

Eggs benedict - try with smoked salmon instead of ham

Grilled tomatoes - off the menu, just ask!

French toast

Made to order, create your own, omelette

Yogurt parfait

Waffles

DONUTS and pastries! Take for granted they are almost the same one you can get from IC, but here they come to you in the same manner as afternoon tea service.

The service was impeccable and you are almost guaranteed a window table due to the small number of suite passengers.

One more thing about Sabatini's service - It was the best dining service we had on the cruise, among MDR's CC section and Alfredo's. Not saying the other two places were bad, but Sabatini's were just more attentive. "Another mimosa?" "Another latte?" All of our requests were answered with either "Sure" or "No problem."

I'll book another suite just to have Sabatini's for breakfast. That's how good it is. Oh wait, I already booked the next suite... But it's 1.5 years away!!! :eek:

It is not available to you "commoners" for a fee. The restaurant has limited seating and if it was available to anyone for a fee it would dilute the advantage of booking a suite.

Makes sense! Enjoy :D

Pants. I would definitely recommend pants. If female the a dress or skirt will work but I think you get the idea. :*

I would definitely recommend pants. But women do not need to wear a dress or skirt. They may also wear pants, shorts, capris, skorts, etc. I would not recommend wearing your PJ's or swimsuits to breakfast.

I, for one, believe that Sabatini's breakfast for suite passengers is the very best perk, especially if you are already an elite member.

I would definitely recommend pants. But women do not need to wear a dress or skirt. They may also wear pants, shorts, capris, skorts, etc. I would not recommend wearing your PJ's or swimsuits to breakfast.

I, for one, believe that Sabatini's breakfast for suite passengers is the very best perk, especially if you are already an elite member.

Shorts are fine. That's all I wear there unless it's a cool day or rain in port. I ditched the skirt.

I don't understand your qualifier 'especially if you are already an elite member.' I am 4 Star on HAL, but our September BI cruise will be our first Princess cruise. I would certainly expect that I would not be treated any differently at breakfast than other full suite passengers, based on Elite or not-Elite.

Dennis

I don't understand your qualifier 'especially if you are already an elite member.' I am 4 Star on HAL, but our September BI cruise will be our first Princess cruise. I would certainly expect that I would not be treated any differently at breakfast than other full suite passengers, based on Elite or not-Elite.

Dennis

Being Elite Captains Circle member has nothing to do with it.

For one your talking about a specific breakfast perk and location for suite guests.

There is no different treatment. If you are Elite and in a suite it does not get you anymore then you already receive.