Sailing with the new Platinum Benifits

BirdTravels

Yes plat plus were dark blue on our recent cruise and platinum the light blue pictured. We received both as my wife is platinum and I'm +. The cards list the specific perqs. Interestingly that meant we had four free dinners with the two coupon books. We asked about it at dining reservations and they said go ahead and use the four (instead of the two per stateroom) as it was at their discretion to allow it which was unexpected but nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're platinum and sailed in a balcony cabin on the Breakaway on Mar. 19, but did not receive the upgraded toiletries.

Perhaps it started on your sailing, or perhaps it was because you were platinum+?

If you have two Platinum members in cabin do you both get the laundry perk?

On Spirit 2 weeks ago, they told us to just write "Free Platinum Bag" on the second bag. No coupon needed, no drama, worked fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just an FYI: know your benefits before boarding- The coupons are SUPPOSED to be in your cabin upon arrival, but I was in the Cruise Next office and overheard the issue that someone dropped the ball and forgot to do this on our cruise. They arrived two days late.

Also, with the laundry: check your statement to be sure that you weren't charged. We were, even though we included the coupon. I had to go to guest services to get the charge removed.

I'm pretty sure it is one laundry bag per stateroom.

On our February Dawn cruise the toiletries were not included, but it t was also the first week of the upgrades and things were a bit helper skelter. We als received one coupon pack per room, which has always been the case, even though DH and I are both plat plus. We will see what we get when we sail this Sunday.

Just an FYI: know your benefits before boarding- The coupons are SUPPOSED to be in your cabin upon arrival, but I was in the Cruise Next office and overheard the issue that someone dropped the ball and forgot to do this on our cruise. They arrived two days late.

Also, with the laundry: check your statement to be sure that you weren't charged. We were, even though we included the coupon. I had to go to guest services to get the charge removed.

I'm pretty sure it is one laundry bag per stateroom.

No as stated one bag per platinum guest.

so next to the concierge benefit, there is a + symbol. below, next to the + symbol it says "present your key card to receive these benefits". so perhaps the reason tehy dont give the number out is that you actually have to go to the concierge desk? Requires a bit more effort for the Platinum member, but you shoudl still get the service.

With the pre-printed cards, there is nothing cruise specific. If you want info on the latitudes cocktail party or behind the scenes tour, you need to go to the cruise next office and read the signs.

The sparkling wine on our post "new Latitudes" cruise was a Duc de Valmer Brut Blanc

"Lovely toasty notes melt into the scent of golden apples. Gentle and harmonious on the palate with some richness tempering the citrus finish. Made using the "Method Charmat", it is a delicate beautiful and very festive Blanc de Blanc from the Merignac region in France. Fruity, subtle and gentle. a gem and at this price; It is by far the best value for money bubbly."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our February Dawn cruise the toiletries were not included, but it t was also the first week of the upgrades and things were a bit helper skelter. We als received one coupon pack per room, which has always been the case, even though DH and I are both plat plus. We will see what we get when we sail this Sunday.

Our late March cruise on the Dawn was the same. No upgraded amenities in the room, but I haven't seen that written as a perk? Our bottles of water were waiting in the room along with the 'champagne' that we gave away.

We are both Platinum Plus and had just one folder in the room. I did like the special seating area and we boarded right behind Haven. We actually ended up on board ahead of quite a few Haven guests as their butler had stopped them to explain things.

last question. on the dining coupons, its says "entrees up to $20" does that include $20 items (i.e., the filet mignon and porterhouse) or items through $19? it is vague... clearer wording would be "entrees up to AND INCLUDING $20).

last question. on the dining coupons, its says "entrees up to $20" does that include $20 items (i.e., the filet mignon and porterhouse) or items through $19? it is vague... clearer wording would be "entrees up to AND INCLUDING $20).

As an English scholar those costing $20 are included; "up to $20" is an inclusive term not an exclusive term. Another better term would have been "entrees above $20 not included" which is a better inclusive phrase.

If they had wanted exclusive the "only entrees below $20 included"

Our late March cruise on the Dawn was the same. No upgraded amenities in the room, but I haven't seen that written as a perk? Our bottles of water were waiting in the room along with the 'champagne' that we gave away.

We are both Platinum Plus and had just one folder in the room. I did like the special seating area and we boarded right behind Haven. We actually ended up on board ahead of quite a few Haven guests as their butler had stopped them to explain things.

LOL. The butler was explaining things like: "right this way folks to the epic club for a wonderful leisurely lunch… See those people running past you? They are trying to get in line first at the buffet".

Please notice. Wink wink. I could not resist. :)

Edited by DMH15

In our last cruise which I believe was before any of these changes we received small bottles of toiletries in our room which we weren't expecting. Now we are platinum but booked in an inside so I wonder what we will be getting...