Sailing with the new Platinum Benifits

BirdTravels

last question. on the dining coupons, its says "entrees up to $20" does that include $20 items (i.e., the filet mignon and porterhouse) or items through $19? it is vague... clearer wording would be "entrees up to AND INCLUDING $20).

It is included.

However, would you select a lesser cut of meat for a $1 additional charge? When they went to the 1-1-1 for platinum, it has never stopped us from ordering the exact same appitizers we have always ordered and paying the $3-$5 for the extra items. And, the waiters usually don't charge for the additional items, even though it is liaise the guidelines.

We selected "regular" steaks for our platinum dinner and saved the Tomahawk for our SDP dinner.

ec8469e627e524c19c4ebeda71349ef9.jpg

No as stated one bag per platinum guest.

Wow! We thought it was per stateroom, also!

Wish we had known!

You know, we were Platinum with Carnival before we started sailing more with NCL back in 2014...we turned Platinum with NCL last year, and so far, we think the Platinum perks with NCL outshine Carnival's by leaps and bounds!!!

I know the benefits state that they are for cruises 5 days or longer. But, since I've seen them not follow all the rules sometimes, I'm wondering if we'll receive our Platinum perks on our up-coming 4-day Sky cruise?? Anyone knows who has sailed recently? We are Platinum, but booked in a Balcony.

I know the benefits state that they are for cruises 5 days or longer. But, since I've seen them not follow all the rules sometimes, I'm wondering if we'll receive our Platinum perks on our up-coming 4-day Sky cruise?? Anyone knows who has sailed recently? We are Platinum, but booked in a Balcony.

the only perks you get are the discounts. no meals, no laundry, etc.

Any idea about bottled water and Sparkling Wine, priority boarding and tenders? I know what the Ts&Cs say, but want to hear form someone who sailed recently.

Correction, short cruises don't get latitude perks.

For longer cruises:

Sparking Wine, choco strawberries were in the room on embarkation day. Water never showed up and we went to Cruise next and got it. They said that the bar dept was suppose to deliver it. We had a shore ex, so boarded tenders with our tour group, so no idea on how well the priority boarding works.

There was also some confusion over free internet minutes. We never really to that resolved. We had three different free internet credits and it was not clear if we really got the ones from platinum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No; but you do get a Butler who will get you other interesting bits and pieces during the afternoons.

We have been blessed with wonderful suite employees. I just love the chocolate strawberries and hope springs eternal that there would be the usual tray and platinum trays. I know chocolate greedy gal! Lol:D

We have been blessed with wonderful suite employees. I just love the chocolate strawberries and hope springs eternal that there would be the usual tray and platinum trays. I know chocolate greedy gal! Lol:D

We did get extra on some afternoons; if you ask the Butler you might get some every day!!

We did get extra on some afternoons; if you ask the Butler you might get some every day!!

I remember to ask for warm chocolate chip cookies for the DH. I should ask for chocolate anything for me! And always use the magic words when I request and receive - that always works.;)

We recently used out Platinum certificates for dinner atCagney’s and I failed to read the fine print that it only covered an entrée upto $20, so we were charged for the sides. I didn’t lose sleep over it, nor did it ruin our great week, but I wasmore than happy to share my feelings on my post cruise survey.

If your listening NCL, If you going to give me a free meal,make it the whole meal, like the side of mash potatoes and asparagus is goingto break the bank.

We recently used out Platinum certificates for dinner atCagney’s and I failed to read the fine print that it only covered an entrée upto $20, so we were charged for the sides. I didn’t lose sleep over it, nor did it ruin our great week, but I wasmore than happy to share my feelings on my post cruise survey.

If your listening NCL, If you going to give me a free meal,make it the whole meal, like the side of mash potatoes and asparagus is goingto break the bank.

The following is the information from the NCL:- https://www.ncl.com/nz/en/latitudes-rewards-program

You were done!!!!!

On the other hand their reading would be different to mine!!!! Again they should have "Entree items to a total up to $20 are covered"

Dinner for Two at Cagney's or Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine5

(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two at Moderno or La Cucina5

(per stateroom)

5 Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. Entrée item Côte De Boeuf Pour Deux in Le Bistro, is a shared dish and will be treated as two entrées.

Edited by casofilia
Removal of some items

Wondering...in a suite do we get two trays of strawberries, additional water and "sparking wine"?

On the Star in Feb, we received 3 plates of choc. strawberries (1 for the suite, 1 for Platinum, 1 for Platinum Plus) and 2 sparkling wine (1 suite, 1 Latitudes) on embarkation day. We had to ask for the Latitudes bottled water but it was the first week of the new program.

On the Star in Feb, we received 3 plates of choc. strawberries (1 for the suite, 1 for Platinum, 1 for Platinum Plus) and 2 sparkling wine (1 suite, 1 Latitudes) on embarkation day. We had to ask for the Latitudes bottled water but it was the first week of the new program.

I am jumping and dancing sort of (bad knees) with joy. Really going to live it in July.

I still love my free laundry perk. Call me crazy but it makes me smile.

Because of this great perq our family of four is able to do a 7 night cruise with just carryon luggage - a big savings when flying from Canada given first checked bags cost ~$25 each per direction not to mention the relative ease of skipping check-in lanes - especially with two kids in tow. If the paper bags ever get smaller I'll have to re-engineer my cramming technique but the two bags of laundry are a huge loyalty benefit for us.

I still love my free laundry perk. Call me crazy but it makes me smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm the same way! And now, finding out that it is per Platinum member and not per stateroom, I am ecstatic. We are booked on four B2B2B2B cruises for next year, and this will make it possible for me to keep my luggage to carryon and one suitcase!!

Because of this great perq our family of four is able to do a 7 night cruise with just carryon luggage - a big savings when flying from Canada given first checked bags cost ~$25 each per direction not to mention the relative ease of skipping check-in lanes - especially with two kids in tow. If the paper bags ever get smaller I'll have to re-engineer my cramming technique but the two bags of laundry are a huge loyalty benefit for us.

i assume you tightroll everything, right?

with the bigger fabric bag that teh suites get, i was able to get in 24 shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, 2 skirts and a pair of khakis.

Wondering...in a suite do we get two trays of strawberries, additional water and "sparking wine"?

We were on Jewel recently in a penthouse suite and had two bottles of water and sparkling wine. And Strawberries !! Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The entrée didn't include any sides?

The $20 entree limit is just that, a limit on how much of an entree's cost is covered. This does not apply to starters, side or desserts. In other words, if you hit your entree dollar limit, you don't start paying for everything else. BTW, this entree limit is stupid, even to an NCL cheerleader. It's kind of like "welcome onboard, loyal customer. We adore you but only up to a point which, in this case, is a $20 entree at Cagneys."

If Moderno's is booked as a Platinum benefit, can you book ahead of cruise online? In the past you could book ahead for a paid option then get a refund once onboard.

Also are there any restrictions for Platinum there like the one ap, one entree, at Cagney's; or do they just bring everything to the table as they have always done?

I know it can be booked no charge with the dining package, wondering about charge if booked online with only Platinum dinners and no SDP. imagegif

Other than the entree limited to $20, the "free" part of the meal is you can choose one other item (e.g. soup or salad or appetizer), and one dessert. As far as the sides, that could be swapped for the soup or salad but it sometimes depends on the server. You can pay for whatever else you want to order.