Adventure: Help me pick itinerary

We are currently booked for our very first B2B cruise on Adventure of the Seas out of Puerto Rico in November. Due to some work situations that have come up it looks like we are only going to be able to take a one week cruise this year. We are having a hard time deciding on what one to cancel. I really wanted to visit Maho Beach in St. Maarten so the first week was my choice but my husband would prefer Aruba and Curacao so that would be the second week. The first week would be cruising over Thanksgiving and we would be in Puerto Rico for our anniversary. The second has an extra sea day so maybe a little bit more relaxing?!

There is a cruise the week before the ones we have booked that would go to the ABC islands and St. Maarten which would be perfect, except the price is so much higher than what we have booked (we booked when itineraries first came out) and we wouldn't be able to have our deck 10 aft junior suite :(

We pretty much just like to find a nice beach where I can relax and my husband can snorkel, although if we go to Curacao we will probably do a distillery tour. Other than that if I'm in the sun I'm happy!

So which one would you pick? Both cruises are very close in price and we haven't booked airfare yet so that isn't a concern.

Option 1:

Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, Sea Day, Puerto Rico

Option 2:

Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Sea Day, Curacao, Aruba, Sea Day, Puerto Rico

Or just bite the bullet and spend the extra money and give up the aft junior suite and sail in a regular balcony and do the ABC's and St. Maarten?

I would not want to give up the JS, so I'd go with option 2. Extra sea day plus Aruba and Curacao.

I agree with Bob. We've done option #1 and although the islands were fun, it was very port intensive and we wished we would have had another sea day.

This is a hard choice because I love all the ports. Option #2 would be my choice mainly because I would want an extra sea day. I loved my quick trip to Aruba. I will be cruising to St. Kitts in December. I have cruised to Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, and Barbados. Aruba was a land based trip. We have cruised from Puerto Rico and had only the one sea day which made it less relaxing to be honest. If you aren't planning excursions at every port and are planning more b arch time, definitely Option 2.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So sorry you can't do the B2B...We did these exact cruise's last May on Adventure and it was our first consecutive cruise. Amazing.

We had to book a couple of replacement cruise's recently (March) on HOTS since the southern caribbean schedule wasn't open yet...as soon as it was we opted for the Freedom Aug 4th & 11th 2018 (new ship for this itinerary but not new to us as we love the FOS) and got very lucky to have gotten our favorite middle hump JS. We had planned on going again in May 2018 but our youngest son is getting married (proposed on our HOTS cruise) in June so we thought after that big celebration we would be ready to get away and relax.

Just flip a coin...you're going to love either of these itineraries...Enjoy :cool:

Thanks for your replies. I think option 2 is the best choice for us at this point. I'm bummed I'll miss Maho Beach but I really think I'd prefer the extra sea day.

My husband will be happy that you all swayed me his way! :p

Thanks for your replies. I think option 2 is the best choice for us at this point. I'm bummed I'll miss Maho Beach but I really think I'd prefer the extra sea day.

My husband will be happy that you all swayed me his way! :p

St. Maarten is a common Eastern Caribbean itinerary port. Surely if you continue to cruise, you'll have multiple opportunities to visit there (and Maho Beach) in the future!

If you want nice beaches for relaxing plus snorkeling I think option 2 is a better choice.

Maho Beach is interesting because of the planes, but it isn't a very good beach for relaxing and enjoying the beach because of the planes, and because there are hundreds of people walking around waiting for planes.

And as someone else noted, there are lots of cruises that stop in St. Maarten so you can go there next time. (I have seen as many as five ships there at the same time.)

Just came back from this itinerary (had St. Thomas instead of Marteen) --

Option 1:

Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, Sea Day, Puerto Rico

Wish we had another sea day in between.... let's say instead of St. Kitts :D

Would go with #2 for the additional sea day.