Royal Princess to move to California?

cruzrbachoua

Thanks although based on the Princess email CC may not be accurate in the US & I should have "refreshed" my memory by reading the email again before incorrectly posting 4/24. :o

"We are pleased to announce the 2018 – 2019 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Program which opens for booking and securing group allocations on April 26, 2017 at 4:00 pm PT".

Although based on the order of the date being 27 April 2017 that's probably the date Downunder because 1600 PDT on 4/26 is 0900 on 4/27 in Sydney. ;)

Frank;

What do think about that 28 day on the Golden (Apr 2019)? I might consider it. If we both booked it we could both. tell retiree war stories to any youngsters we come across.....:D:D:D

Bob

Frank;

What do think about that 28 day on the Golden (Apr 2019)? I might consider it. If we both booked it we could both. tell retiree war stories to any youngsters we come across.....:D:D:D

Bob

There's one big problem with that idea...we could still be the youngsters on that itinerary! :p

We greatly enjoyed sailing Sydney to LA on the Star in 2009 and it's still one our favorite cruises.

The fare chart I've seen for the Golden's 27-day cruise sailing on 4/8/19 might be more than we care to pay for the same itinerary but never say never! ;)

Inside - $3,599

Oceanview - $4,899

Balcony- $5,899

Minisuite- $7,299

Club Class - $8,299

Suite - $10,299

There's one big problem with that idea...we could still be the youngsters on that itinerary! :p

We greatly enjoyed sailing Sydney to LA on the Star in 2009 and it's still one our favorite cruises.

The fare chart I've seen for the Golden's 27-day cruise sailing on 4/8/19 might be more than we care to pay for the same itinerary but never say never! ;)

Inside - $3,599

Oceanview - $4,899

Balcony- $5,899

Minisuite- $7,299

Club Class - $8,299

Suite - $10,299

Since I'll be retired (no more overtime) by then, a full suite is outa the question due to the cost of air. Might be able to swing a Club Class mini. In any case, I emailed my T/A to look into it for me.....:):):)

Bob

Originally posted by Astro Flyer
Thanks although based on the Princess email CC may not be accurate in the US & I should have "refreshed" my memory by reading the email again before incorrectly posting 4/24. :o

"We are pleased to announce the 2018 – 2019 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Program which opens for booking and securing group allocations on April 26, 2017 at 4:00 pm PT".

Although based on the order of the date being 27 April 2017 that's probably the date Downunder because 1600 PDT on 4/26 is 0900 on 4/27 in Sydney. ;)

Frank;

Bob

Save me a stateroom. I had this July 2018 (LA to Sidney) booked and a year's saving account to pay for it....then I had to trade in this voyage for a new kitchen due to mold. Would much rather have been on the cruise. Good to know that a repeat performance may be possible.

Save me a stateroom. I had this July 2018 (LA to Sidney) booked and a year's saving account to pay for it....then I had to trade in this voyage for a new kitchen due to mold. Would much rather have been on the cruise. Good to know that a repeat performance may be possible.

Sorry that you had to cancel your cruise Renee & hopefully you get to sail the transpacific cruise. Not only was it a great itinerary but having to fly only one-way was great. :D

The schedule shows the Golden sailing LA/Sydney (9/23/18) and Sydney/LA (4/8/19). The April cruise can also end in Vancouver after LA.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Originally posted by Astro Flyer Thanks although based on the Princess email CC may not be accurate in the US & I should have "refreshed" my memory by reading the email again before incorrectly posting 4/24. :o

Frank;

Bob

I'm really starting to get interested in this itinerary. Best part is I'll be retired so taking a month off won't be an issue. About the only concern would be our aging Golden Misha.....

Bob

I'm really starting to get interested in this itinerary. Best part is I'll be retired so taking a month off won't be an issue. About the only concern would be our aging Golden Misha.....

Bob

We can sympathize with you on that one Bob. We have delayed cruising for the past 6 months due to Spook's age (Yellow Lab). We did not want to leave him. We did lose him last month at the age of 13 1/2. Still trying to put the pieces back together...

Sorry that you had to cancel your cruise Renee & hopefully you get to sail the transpacific cruise. Not only was it a great itinerary but having to fly only one-way was great. :D

The schedule shows the Golden sailing LA/Sydney (9/23/18) and Sydney/LA (4/8/19). The April cruise can also end in Vancouver after LA.

The Golden 2018 schedule looks pretty interesting with a drydock looking gap in Singapore from 3/30/2018 to 4/13/2018 where she goes to Tokyo from Singapore on 4/14 arriving 4/27. Then on to Whittier on 5/12 where she will sail the Whittier to Vancouver routes for the Alaska season.

As previously stated she goes back to Sydney from LA on 9/23/2018 arriving SYD on 10/22, and MEL on 10/25. She does the typical Oahu, Kauai, Tahiti, Moorea, Pago Pago, Auckland, Tauranga, Akaroa, Dunedin, Fjordland stops along the way. Good Itin.

Once in Melbourne she does 14 day South Pacific (Noumea, Mare, Mystery Island, Vila, Champagne Bay, Luganville), New Zealand trips (Fjordland, Dunedin, Akaroa, Wellington, Gisborne, Tauranga, Auckland), a couple of 3-4 dayers (Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Port Lincoln).

On April 5, 2019 she leaves MEL for SYD (4/8) then to AUK (4/16) on the LA (5/4) and YVR (5/7) where I expect she does the 2019 Alaska season.

We can sympathize with you on that one Bob. We have delayed cruising for the past 6 months due to Spook's age (Yellow Lab). We did not want to leave him. We did lose him last month at the age of 13 1/2. Still trying to put the pieces back together...

Oh I am sorry to hear about your furbaby loss.

And how is everyone getting these detailed itineraries. Are your travel agents giving you this info? Do they specialize in just cruises....as ours who is with a big company and does more than cruises says he doesn't have this info to give. Man I sure do miss that spreadsheet!

Oh I am sorry to hear about your furbaby loss.

And how is everyone getting these detailed itineraries. Are your travel agents giving you this info? Do they specialize in just cruises....as ours who is with a big company and does more than cruises says he doesn't have this info to give. Man I sure do miss that spreadsheet!

The link was posted here a week or so ago. Only Australia though, none of the Royal Westcoast.

The link was posted here a week or so ago. Only Australia though, none of the Royal Westcoast.

The link to download the spreadsheet (like the one coral normally does) was posted in this thread? I have seen the pdf talking about AUS/NZ but it seems folks are talking about some itineraries even for Royal with some hard dates and schedules.

The link to download the spreadsheet (like the one coral normally does) was posted in this thread? I have seen the pdf talking about AUS/NZ but it seems folks are talking about some itineraries even for Royal with some hard dates and schedules.

No, it wasn't the normal TA Excel Spreadsheet, it was a mini brochure. I've seen nothing about Royal except some port schedule dates. There's one person posting about them in detail but no specific itineraries posted.

There are several "spreadsheets" running around.

There is the typical excel or pdf detailed listing of cruises that go to TAs. They are kind of complex, but give great insight into costs of cruises.

There is the pdf 'brochure' that lists, generically, the cruises, ports, ships and sometimes the Princess 'MSRP' costs.

I help a former CC member, who started his own website, keep a Princess port schedule spreadsheet up to date with dates and ports for each ship in the Princess fleet in a columnar format in an excel sheet. My OCPD (Obsessive Cruise Planning Disorder) uses this sheet for planning future cruises. I highlight booked cruises in green, wish list in yellow and I'm able to look across the entire princess fleet and see where the various ships are on any one date.

I just finished updating this excel schedule using data from a internet cruise TA site that got the data up before Princess. (Princess 2019 itineraries are still not up as of today on the Princess site.) This site's itinerary data format is much more conducive to manual entry into a spreadsheet than the Princess format - and I do have to manually enter each port for each ship. Not as hard as you might think, but tedious nonetheless. When new itineraries are published I add them to the spreadsheet.

For those of us with extreme OCPD, we also peruse various port websites to gain insight into docking schedules. Most of the ports actually have ships booked out into 2020. I did a quick look at the typical Australian ports (SYD, MEL, Hobart, Port Arthur) for the Golden last month and the port schedules have now almost perfectly aligned with the itineraries being published. Some got shifted, but most were accurate.

For right now, the Asian and Australian cruises are out to early 2019 for the Diamond, Majestic, Golden, Sea and Sun. Everything else is to the Fall of 2018. So we are still awaiting the 2018/2019 Caribbean, Exotics, Americas and the Alaskan and European 2019 schedules to fill in the blanks.

I suspect the Royal repositioning, if it happens, will be in the Americas release.

Cruise Junky yeah I saw the mini brochure but on this thread and another I saw people talking about dates for other 2018/2019 stating sail dates and itinerary info...so I was just commenting on how I wish they would share like used to happen.

ccrain--- OCPD...omg I love it!!! That is me and of course some of my friends too. While I may not be booking anything on this release I still like to peruse and see what is out there and perhaps what I might want to do in the future should they keep doing that itinerary. However I have been burned once ....we fell in love with the 14 day circle Caribbean cruises but couldn't go during the times offered......HOPED they would do it summer/fall of 2018 only to have princess yank them away so we are stuck doing a normal b2b with the stop in FLL but it is also not the further down ports we wanted like Barbados, St Lucia and such. Those are offered on some 10 days but that circle 14 day was heaven.....such a shame princess only did a few then stopped. But we will enjoy our 14 day (b2b 7dayer) and if the circle comes out again...what a cryin shame if we have to go cruising again...lol;p

Cruise Junky yeah I saw the mini brochure but on this thread and another I saw people talking about dates for other 2018/2019 stating sail dates and itinerary info...so I was just commenting on how I wish they would share like used to happen.

ccrain--- OCPD...omg I love it!!! That is me and of course some of my friends too. While I may not be booking anything on this release I still like to peruse and see what is out there and perhaps what I might want to do in the future should they keep doing that itinerary. However I have been burned once ....we fell in love with the 14 day circle Caribbean cruises but couldn't go during the times offered......HOPED they would do it summer/fall of 2018 only to have princess yank them away so we are stuck doing a normal b2b with the stop in FLL but it is also not the further down ports we wanted like Barbados, St Lucia and such. Those are offered on some 10 days but that circle 14 day was heaven.....such a shame princess only did a few then stopped. But we will enjoy our 14 day (b2b 7dayer) and if the circle comes out again...what a cryin shame if we have to go cruising again...lol;p

I agree completely with the wasted stopover in FLL with the current 7 day B2B "14 day" Itinerary. I loved that 14 day circle the Caribbean. We did a B2B2B on the Ruby a couple of years ago - 2 easterns and a western - but that wasted 2 days in FLL really turned me off. Won't be doing that again.

I agree completely with the wasted stopover in FLL with the current 7 day B2B "14 day" Itinerary. I loved that 14 day circle the Caribbean. We did a B2B2B on the Ruby a couple of years ago - 2 easterns and a western - but that wasted 2 days in FLL really turned me off. Won't be doing that again.

Yeah I wonder why princess only I think 3 or 4 of the circle ones.....I mean as far as I could tell everyone seemed to jump on those and are selling like hotcakes...just wish the timing would have worked for us...perhaps they will bring them back and we can jump on.

We have heard 2 options for that turnaround day...one says we can stay on board and are only put in the theatre for about 30 min while they check us off and "zero the ship"....others have said nope we need to truly exit to zero the ship and will spend maybe at most an hour in the terminal off, clear and then can reboard. So we have 2 plans on how to spend our day depending on what ends up happening. I guess maybe it depends on if coast guard or higher ups are nearby if they truly make the ship zero of allow it to be "zero" with us still on but all in 1 area. We are celebrating a bday bash so we are hoping to get new embark photos that day. Friends just did on and said the photogs were taken in the theatre....so fingers crossed this is the option we hope for...so it wont cut into DH feeding time to much and my laying by the pool...lol

So does anybody have a link to share with some of the 2018-19 itineraries? We are allowed to shared this type of info on Cruise Critic, we just can't talk about specific travel agencies and their web sites.

We have heard 2 options for that turnaround day...one says we can stay on board and are only put in the theatre for about 30 min while they check us off and "zero the ship"....others have said nope we need to truly exit to zero the ship and will spend maybe at most an hour in the terminal off, clear and then can reboard... I guess maybe it depends on if coast guard or higher ups are nearby if they truly make the ship zero of allow it to be "zero" with us still on but all in 1 area.

I believe you'll find that the Coast Guard has nothing to do with it, it's CBP (Customs & Border Patrol) that is the decider.

Tom

I believe you'll find that the Coast Guard has nothing to do with it, it's CBP (Customs & Border Patrol) that is the decider.

Tom

Ah sorry that is what I meant but couldn't remember the name...Coast guard was all that would come to my mind...lol.

But wonder why they change their minds and sometimes allow you stay on board and other times make everyone get off...guess depends on which boss is there..haha

cruzrbachoua...I found this PDF online for the 2018/2019 AUS/NZ cruises that are scheduled to be released today at 4:00 PM DST unless something has changed since Princess gave that release time.

https://book.princess.com/xls/onesource/pc/PC_2018_2019_AustraliaSailingScheduleWithFaresAmenities.xls?cid=brand_email_info_internal_programrelease_destnews_se7sp007_170415_australia,newzealand,southpacific

Ah sorry that is what I meant but couldn't remember the name...Coast guard was all that would come to my mind...lol.

But wonder why they change their minds and sometimes allow you stay on board and other times make everyone get off...guess depends on which boss is there..haha

It may have to do with how many in-transit passengers there are. In San Pedro, I've had to get off the ship when doing back to backs (lots of people/short cruises). In Alaska (Whittier), we were waiting in the Crown Grill before given the all clear. Walked in a circle...scanned out/scanned in.