Do I need to bring tapes for luggage tags?

Do porters at the pier have tapes I can use to tape the tags, or do I need to bring my own packing tape? :o

Going on Oasis this Sunday and I realized I should have just bought some tag holders from Amazon. Too late for that. Oh well - live and learn.

Do porters at the pier have tapes I can use to tape the tags, or do I need to bring my own packing tape? :o

Going on Oasis this Sunday and I realized I should have just bought some tag holders from Amazon. Too late for that. Oh well - live and learn.

Some porters do have tape but, I always have a roll of washi tape in my suitcase. Surprisingly, I've used it for more things than just luggage tags over the years too [emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

You should either let the porters make up tags for you (easiest) or bring your own tape/stapler.

Bob, do porters make the tags with sticky backs or something? That would be easier than printing and making my own tags and having to tape it or staple it.

If you use the porters, their tags work without any further help from you. ;)

Before I bought my tag holders, I would print out the tags and use clear packing tape to cover the front and back of the tags and then use a hole punch to punch a hole at the bottom of each tags on each end. Then I took bread twist ties with me and when I was ready to head to the port I just put them on with the twist ties. They were always secure and stayed dry if the bags got caught in the rain.

So it just depends if you want to get them ready before you leave or spend the time letting the porter print them out. Me, personally I like to have everything ready to go, so I can just get on the ship.

I'm jealous....wish I was cruising this next week. Have lots of fun!!

Before I bought my tag holders, I would print out the tags and use clear packing tape to cover the front and back of the tags and then use a hole punch to punch a hole at the bottom of each tags on each end. Then I took bread twist ties with me and when I was ready to head to the port I just put them on with the twist ties. They were always secure and stayed dry if the bags got caught in the rain.

So it just depends if you want to get them ready before you leave or spend the time letting the porter print them out. Me, personally I like to have everything ready to go, so I can just get on the ship.

I'm jealous....wish I was cruising this next week. Have lots of fun!!

Wow that's some impressive DIY! We usually just pre-fold the tags, tape at the pier and leave with the luggage guys. I think we will be buying holders for our cruise on the Vision out of Amsterdam next month though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I use clear packing tape. I put the packing tape on the full length of the luggage tag (both sides) as if I am laminating it. I then fold the luggage tag through the suitcase handle and tape both sides together. It will not come off and is waterproof.

All you need is a stapler.

There are 2 options:

Option 1: Print your own luggage tags from the softcopy document they email you, then secure them around your luggage handles. I used staplers. Fastest, easiest.

DSC_0473.jpg

Option 2: Bring your luggage to the "For Passengers without luggage tags" counter and let the staff attach THEIR (handwritten) tags to your bags. You don't need to print and bring your own tags in this case.

DSC_0476.jpg

Recommendation: I find Option 1 easier and faster. For Option 1, I just drop my tagged bags at the counter for "Passengers with luggage tags" immediately after getting off the taxi at the drop-off point (at Marina Bay Cruise Centre, Singapore). You don't need to queue at the "Passengers without tags" counter and wait for them to process you.

It's probably the anal retentive organizer in me, but I prefer the plastic holders. Ours are similar to these, just a different brand. They work great for the departure tags as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4SQNU4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7Dz8ybSQQJ72R

The paper tags, even the ones provided at the dock, seem to keep going missing on my bag.

Similar to E@syPe@sy I fold all my tags and put them all in a large laminate sheet and after laminating I cut them into individual tags. I then use a hole punch and use joint swine to tie them onto or luggage. I quite enjoy making them in preparation for our cruises. 5 weeks and counting and I've already done our tags ready;-)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

It's probably the anal retentive organizer in me, but I prefer the plastic holders. Ours are similar to these, just a different brand. They work great for the departure tags as well.

The paper tags, even the ones provided at the dock, seem to keep going missing on my bag.

That's exactly what I use. If you cruise a lot, it's a great investment. They won't come off. The ones at the pier are very flimsy.

That's exactly what I use. If you cruise a lot, it's a great investment. They won't come off. The ones at the pier are very flimsy.

Just bought these last week from Amazon, really impressed with them. Like others, we sometimes had a bag go walkabout as the tag got ripped off in loading.

These are what I've used. Work great!

Thank you so much!!! Just ordered some for our cruise next month😁

I was going to recommend these too! They are very secure and can be used over and over. They are definitely worth the investment!