Kids are coming with us

debut

on our cruise, we are elite, wondering if they can come with us when we priority checkin. They are in different cabins. I am pretty sure they can come with us when we have to tender, am I right? Will be on the Crown

Thanks

Knowing which embarkation port might net a more specific answer.

But as a general rule: you might be able to check in together--but if boarding hasn't started they will not be in the same priority boarding group as you.

And priority tendering tends to be even more strictly enforced than priority boarding on some ships. Even if staff is not firm about it the wrath of your fellow passengers will be.

I don't believe there is an absolute answer.

Check in probably, but then you can always go in a non-priority line. There isn't very much difference between priority and non priority check in.

Waiting area and boarding, maybe.

Tender, again maybe, it's up to the CD staff. Of course if you tender after the rush period probably no issue at all.

In all cases just ask.

I would have to say that you should expect that they will not be able to accompany you at check-in or to the Elite/suite waiting area in the terminal at embarkation. If a soft hearted terminal employee does cave in and allow it, you will have a pleasant surprise. But they should be prepared to expect that it probably won't happen, and they will have to get in the general check[in line since they have not yet earned their way into the preferred line.

This solution may get some snarky remarks, but .......One way to be sure you can all do priority boarding is to put one kid and one elite in each cabin. If they are in your cabin they can check in with you. We did this in FLL recently. Both cabins are considered elite. After boarding, go to Pax Services and get keys straightened out so everyone ends up in the right cabin.

This solution may get some snarky remarks, but .......One way to be sure you can all do priority boarding is to put one kid and one elite in each cabin. If they are in your cabin they can check in with you. We did this in FLL recently. Both cabins are considered elite. After boarding, go to Pax Services and get keys straightened out so everyone ends up in the right cabin.

Yep. That would work.

Same as for priority boarding for the tenders.

Yes, we all boarded together with my parents We were then platinum and they weren't, so I brought my mom with me and my husband checked in with my dad. We all boarded together. No different than when one in the cabin is platinum/elite and their traveling companion is not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The answer is "It depends on the staff."

Passengers traveling in the same cabin with others with P/E status can use priority check-in together. Those traveling in separate cabins without P/E status can not.

The same for priority boarding. That is fairly strictly enforced in San Pedro as each cabin is given a boarding ticket by group. It was essentially the same a few years ago when sailing out of FLL, Seattle, Vancouver, Copenhagen and Barcelona.

It should also be the same for tender priority. Everyone needs to show a "black card" or a priority tender ticket.

As others have posted, actual practice may vary but the above is what you should expect.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Thanks everyone, I figure it is who you talk to, I've been told to go get a tender ticket and before we got back to our room, we ran into the guy that had the tickets and he gave them to us, saying you can go on. Whatever happens we can go with it, certainly not worth getting all in a tizzy about.

We will be sailing out of Southhampton

Edited by debut
Left something out

Earlier this month in SF, we were told that we could bring one guest with us into priority boarding area. Then on the ship, we were again told that we could bring one guest with us into the disembarkation lounge. As for priority check in...our friend in the regular line got thru faster than us in the priority line...go figure.