room location and walking, your preference...

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep that in mind since we are planning to go on one of the "Big Sisters" soon. [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

If you are a runner or walker you will enjoy the length of the track. Also, there an exit door to the gym.

I travel with my mom who uses a scooter, so we prefer to be closer to the elevators because of that. First cruise on Allure and we were pretty far aft, got used to the long walk after a couple of days and we liked that having an aft cabin was so close to our favorite things.

Second time on Allure, we had a cabin just forward of the forward elevators and that was annoying because of the trek to the back of the ship, where we always wanted to be.

It is what it is, though, mom scoots along just fine and I don't mind the long walks, except for the long walk from the back of the ship to the solarium... for some reason I always find that TOO long, but who cares, I'm not in a rush, I'm on vacation! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We like to cruise on the very aft. The balcony and view more than makes up for the long work for me, and I walk back to the cabin several times each day. We cruise on the Grandeur, so my opinion may be different if it were a larger ship.

We put budget first, the ships aren't so big that we can't get around so as long as the cabin isn't going to be noisy, we don't really mind where it is. I'd rather save a few $ and hopefully lose a few lbs!

I noticed a room on deck 9 nine, immediately around the corner from the stairs, opened up. I made the change, figuring walking the flight of stairs vs trekking to the end of the hall was the better of two evils.

Am I nut? Do other people figure this type of thing into their room location? Would you rather walk down the end of a seemingly long hallway, or walk down an extra flight of stairs?

you arent nuts, you are normal like me. i agonized over my choice. combined with the crappy selection royal gives you on their site (not revealing all the cabins), its frustrating

on anthem i'm near the aft elevators and i know a quarter of the ship has to pass my room to get to theirs. but i have an angled balcony 'free' and just hope the door is relatively sound proof. also being on 9 i worry i will always run into a full elevator whether going up or down. every few weeks i wonder if i should change my cabin. but then on 12 is the kids club. but others say no noise there from it.

so no. you are not nuts

We typically seek out a quiet cabin, opting for mid-ship on a lower floor (less costly and less foot-traffic). We try to find something mid-way between the elevators/stairs, which results in a longer walk, but also provides a quiet environment. Uninterrupted sleep is more important to us than those extra steps. As someone else pointed out, it helps to burn off some of those calories!

Unless booking a balcony cabin, I don't see the need to be on a higher deck. Yes, it's closer to the Windjammer and pool. But it's further from the MDR and the gangway. We usually book on Deck 2 or 3 and it's an easy walk up the stairs when returning from port. No standing in line waiting for an elevator!

That's our preference.

We do midship cabins so are halfway between the stern and aft. We do have to walk a little more but that is not a problem. My husband has trouble doing steps so we use the elevators when we are together and when I am out I use the steps. I will give him credit he does do 1 or 2 flights of steps at times.

every time i see an update to this thread it makes me 2nd guess myself now. i actually counted there are about 40 to 60 cabins that have to walk by our room to get to theirs. (insides could use either way). so thats at least 100 pp minimum. i'm only about half dozen rooms from the elevator and thought would be good thing.

every time i see an update to this thread it makes me 2nd guess myself now. i actually counted there are about 40 to 60 cabins that have to walk by our room to get to theirs. (insides could use either way). so thats at least 100 pp minimum. i'm only about half dozen rooms from the elevator and thought would be good thing.

Do what you think works best for you. Most people are courteous and there will only be a short time window when you may hear noise. Don't worry about it. You're going on a cruise! [emoji3] [emoji568] [emoji572] [emoji106]

Always stay in Afts, deck 8-10. Get my walking and never take the elevator...

Last fall we spent 29 days on Radiance and were Deck 9 AFT. Not only was it a long walk, but we rarely took the elevator. So even though we didn't curtail our eating habits (probably ate and drank more than we did at home), we didn't gain at weight at all!

Do what you think works best for you. Most people are courteous and there will only be a short time window when you may hear noise. Don't worry about it. You're going on a cruise! [emoji3] [emoji568] [emoji572] [emoji106]

please repost this weekly to remind me. heck on my 1st cruise i was researching what crew doors were across from my cabin.

Not a fan of the long hallway walks.

Last year on Oasis, our cabin was smack in the middle of the two elevators, on Deck 6.

Either way we were screwed.

I am a bit on the "fluffy" side and a tad bit out of shape.

The day that stands out the most was Labadee. In the sun, drinking, swimming, playing, all day.

LONG pier back to the ship.

Get off the elevator and I feel like the room is a MILE away.......Just wanted to crawl.:'):'):');)

AnyHOOOOOOOOOOO, we normally book midship on the normal sized ships.

Oasis is just HUGE!!!!!!! Still had an awesome cruise, though! Would go back in a heartbeat.