Guy's burgers

MeganGC1983

I think it's the cart with the fixins :D All the normal stuff plus sauteed onions and mushrooms. Good sauce selection too.

On regular days ... if you go 30 minutes after Guys opens the line has dwindled to a short quick line,

Unfortunately by then, all the kids going through the line will have turned the toppings bar into a stinking mess. They do try to keep it neat and clean, but it only lasts for a few minutes.

I literally snorted my drink and made it come out of my nose when I read that. I am so stealing that phrase! [emoji23]

The husband and I had the unfortunate experience of meeting him once, at a restaurant opening in our town. We call him Captain of the SS Douche Canoe. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've heard the same...I like his shows and I hate to hear that about people I like watching but yeah my co-workers daughter meet him at a cooking event (she is in culinary school) and he couldn't have been more rude and acted way "too cool" to actually be cool..

I kind of miss the "old Grill" where you could get a burger, hot dog and chicken strips. I LOVED those chicken strips! And they had the pita chips and melted cheese. I always made "nachos" for a mid afternoon snack. Pita chips with chili and melted cheese and throw a scoop of sour cream on the plate. ;) Not complaining about Guys, but I wouldn't let it sway me from cruising a ship that didn't have one.

Loved the chicken strips too!

What is so great about Guy's burgers? What makes it so much better than any other good burger?

That's a good question. I can tell you it is very much like a Five Guys Burger if you have one. I was not disappointed.

I've had a burger on Royal Caribbean at the for fee ($5.00 at the time) Johnny Rockets, and the burger was larger, but not better. The thing is, I'm not sure if it was a bad burger, or Johnny Rockets is not the best burger place, as I've been to the actual brick and mortar location and wasn't impressed there either. Guys in my opinion is far superior and included in your fare.

Those burgers taste so good!!! That's usually the first spot we hit on the cruise. Another good thing is the line for the burgers moves fast (if there is a line). I believe they still close at 6PM so they are not open during dinner time. We miss the chicken tenders they used to have too. They do serve hot dogs in the deli on the side of the buffet.

Holland House is on the main beach where the ships dock in Philipsburg

I like Guys just fine - especially since it's included in the cruise price - but that burger you described sounds amaaaaaaazing.

I'm making a note of that in my future cruise wish-list file right now. Thanks!

What is so great about Guy's burgers? What makes it so much better than any other good burger?

Just that they exist. They are much better than ordinary buffet burgers and it's nice to have them on the lido. That's all.

To the person who said they dip them in strawberry ice cream - disgusting!

The minute steak sandwich made on the back grill was to DIE for!! Shame they got rid of them so long ago. :loudcry:

DH say the same thing - every cruise!!

I kinda miss the grilled chicken sandwiches that they offered too. It was a good option - later in the week when you wanted something lighter for lunch!

In my opinion, the burgers themselves are not any better than other places. It's the toppings that make them special...my favorite is the crispy potato threads.

In my opinion, the burgers themselves are not any better than other places. It's the toppings that make them special...my favorite is the crispy potato threads.

Yea, love those potato stix! Another thing I love about the fixin's bar: the REAL bacon bits. I sometimes get a turkey wrap from the deli, then some bacon from Guy's fixins and load my wrap with bacon and extra mayo. (y)

I really have no idea how someone could be disappointed with Guy's burgers compared to the normal burger offerings you find at sea. Cooked fresh...loads of toppings....loads of condiments....and no up charge.

Some people would complain about gold bars though because they are heavy.

I really have no idea how someone could be disappointed with Guy's burgers compared to the normal burger offerings you find at sea. Cooked fresh...loads of toppings....loads of condiments....and no up charge.

I think it's mostly the "hype." Everyone talks about the burgers and maybe when the pax who have never sailed on a ship with a Guys finally get/eat one, they are like: what's the big deal!? :confused: I love them, but as I said, it wouldn't be a deciding factor on booking a ship with or without!

My family loved them. We got home and googled the recipe.

They are browned in the frying pan and finished in the oven in chicken broth.

Always juicy, never greasy.

We've done pig patties, made donkey sauce, and now top with potato stix.

It's spoiled us on burgers, I can no longer eat those hockey pucks that used to come off our grill.

I think it's mostly the "hype." Everyone talks about the burgers and maybe when the pax who have never sailed on a ship with a Guys finally get/eat one, they are like: what's the big deal!? :confused: I love them, but as I said, it wouldn't be a deciding factor on booking a ship with or without!

I agree I would not let it be a deciding factor but the bottom line is there is no comparison when it comes to what was normally offered, the basic thin and bland patty chunked under a heat lamp. This has all the feel of the specialty burger joints that are popular right now.

We will be cruising on the Elation in November after the ship gets the 2.0 upgrade and the Guy's Burgers. Since it is taking over the grill area, where there be somewhere that I get get a grilled chicken sandwich and chicken tenders?

Yes, the "old style" burgers may have sat under a heat lamp if they were there for awhile, you can always get a fresh one. They are fried on the grill and then put together immediately. Just as fresh as a Guy's burger.

My family loved them. We got home and googled the recipe.

They are browned in the frying pan and finished in the oven in chicken broth.

Always juicy, never greasy.

We've done pig patties, made donkey sauce, and now top with potato stix.

It's spoiled us on burgers, I can no longer eat those hockey pucks that used to come off our grill.

I also Googled but, the burgers on the ship are not baked, and there is no chicken broth. They make them just like Smashburger. They put 1/4 lb ball of meat on the flattop and smash it on the grill. I did not see them season the burgers at all.

To the person who didn't like the spice on the fries. You can request them without, you may need to wait a few minutes, but, they will make them fresh for you.

That would be me!!! Thanks for the heads up!!! :D

We will be cruising on the Elation in November after the ship gets the 2.0 upgrade and the Guy's Burgers. Since it is taking over the grill area, where there be somewhere that I get get a grilled chicken sandwich and chicken tenders?

Yes, the "old style" burgers may have sat under a heat lamp if they were there for awhile, you can always get a fresh one. They are fried on the grill and then put together immediately. Just as fresh as a Guy's burger.

That's what I was "complaining" about. Miss those chicken tenders. Loved them with the melted cheese dip. And the pita chips too. So you trade one thing for another!!!

All I can say is, two slices of pepperoni pizza and a Guy's patty smothered with mushrooms and grilled onions in the middle. Oh, extra napkins and the pizza plate to eat it over!

Some people? Most people on this forum!

All I can say is, two slices of pepperoni pizza and a Guy's patty smothered with mushrooms and grilled onions in the middle. Oh, extra napkins and the pizza plate to eat it over!

Now that is an interesting combo that I am going to have to try. Thanks for the insight. :)