Price Drop Alert

I saw this thread when I got up for a few minutes with insomnia. I saw a great price - $218 - for an inside on November 27, but couldn't book it on the iPad. Or the iMac. I called, the rep said the price was $428 and a balcony would be less. I could see the $218 on the screen, so he tried from the website. He could see the $218, but no cabins appeared. He told me it appeared to be a website issue. Then, on his fourth try, one lonely cabin was available. By coincidence, it is in our preferred area, close to the aft elevators, but a few rooms further back than we would have chosen. No problem, a less desirable location would be fine for this price. It has been a long time since I was able to grab a great deal like this. Thank you for posting! And thank you to the rep who kept trying until he succeeded.

LOL. This exact same thing was happening to me, at about 11:30pm that night... also on my iMac, on both Chrome & Safari. Anyway... I gave up.. then checked back at 11:45, and it finally let me book, and I grabbed a cabin on deck 7 WAY at the back. (I can use the walking. :')) I guess we were both trying at the same time.

LOL. This exact same thing was happening to me, at about 11:30pm that night... also on my iMac, on both Chrome & Safari. Anyway... I gave up.. then checked back at 11:45, and it finally let me book, and I grabbed a cabin on deck 7 WAY at the back. (I can use the walking. :')) I guess we were both trying at the same time.

I have never had to work so hard to get a good deal on a cruise - but it was worth it :D BTW, I was able to make My Time dining reservations and every time slot was still available. Chops Grille for lunch was not offered yesterday but appeared today, so I made that reservation. I enjoy the planning stages of a cruise, almost as much as the cruise.

I REALLY overpaid-:eek: We are paying $825 for an E2 with the D+ discount and taxes. That was a military rate. Our taxes were $5 more per person than what was listed since I am using a reservation that I had made on board.

Prices were steady for Nov 18 until this afternoon. They website is acting crazy at the moment. When you continue to book a room the prices don't match (they are double) the previous page.

Another RC glitch

I was just going to post that. I just looked again and the balconies are now pricing out at $1920 YIKES

I REALLY overpaid-:eek: We are paying $825 for an E2 with the D+ discount and taxes. That was a military rate. Our taxes were $5 more per person than what was listed since I am using a reservation that I had made on board.

That is strange. Our friends booked yesterday too. First time cruises. No discount. Not in military. They paid $865.46 for an E2. The website is crazy sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think we are all set. I spoke to a rep and havea printed confrimation. Believe it or not, our 11/30/14 6 day cruise on Indy (E1 Balcony) was cheaper per night - $937 total with tax.

On top of that - In 2014 RC bumped us to a JS for only $200 more! Deals like this keep me cruising.

I have never had to work so hard to get a good deal on a cruise - but it was worth it :D BTW, I was able to make My Time dining reservations and every time slot was still available. Chops Grille for lunch was not offered yesterday but appeared today, so I made that reservation. I enjoy the planning stages of a cruise, almost as much as the cruise.

Yeah we got My Time as well. Now just gonna give it some time for the 30% discount for the drink packages.

Oh and I see you are on the Majesty two weeks before us... look forward to hearing about the weather in CocoCay at that time, and if you make the call. We didn't last year in April.. but made it in August and November. I love CocoCay.

That is strange. Our friends booked yesterday too. First time cruises. No discount. Not in military. They paid $865.46 for an E2. The website is crazy sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not so strange anymore. With all the RCL offers lately a new cruiser can get the same or close to what a frequent cruiser can get when you factor in instant savings and/or OBC. .

Depending on your C and A level in some cases the "offers" can be better than taking your balcony discount, sadly.

Edited by molly361

I paid the deposit, and I have a confirmation. I hope that can't happen.

It has happened in the past, but the prices were even lower. This might just be a sale to spur bookings or a pricing mistake RCI is willing to live with.

I remember the threads about a couple of sailings where the people got their bookings cancelled because of the prices being so low.

We lucked out on one of those. It was the Freedom for the Christmas sailing in 2014. Ken alerted folks here on CC and we got a D2 balcony for $360 per person on a 7 night cruise. The price lasted for a few hours. Must have been a glitch but they honored it. At the time some of us went ahead and paid the booking off in full, not sure if that would have mattered or not.