YTD twice in one night?

blainesterrr

Has anyone done it and had an issue??

I did it in January on the Dream. My partner and I went into the dining room on elegant night as soon as it opened. Then we went to the first show. Then we went back to the dining room to have more lobster. No questions asked.

This was the only night we did this, but glad we did because we met our waiter (Jayat) for the remainder of the cruise. I made sure to ask for him each night and did not mind the wait.

• 3 weeks later...

I just can't see myself wanting to eat that much so I've never tried it. I always assumed they had your number in the system and would not let you do it. It's interesting that it worked for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love this thread already.

Even on lobster night, we have never tried to go back twice because we are full after the first feeding- er, seating (sorry to whomever I stole that from, from a recent post).

Food for thought, though. ;-)

Nope one visit to the MDR has always done it for us.

I wonder if anyone has missed their early seating in the MDR and done anytime late say at 9. Then gone back to their traditional the next night. I know on other lines if you leave you assignment seat and eat in anytime even once you are anytime after that.

I sure don't plan to do it, very excited to have early. But we have not had early seating in a long time, just afraid of falling asleep or something and then wanting to eat later.

This is great to hear. I have a 14 year old son, and we have early dining. I wonder if he could return (particularly on lobster night)? We could see a show and come back for dessert (I would happily eat dessert a couple of hours after dinner, rather than right after).

Sorry to hijack your thread, but does anyone have speculation on whether that might work?

Never done this! We always do YTD though and have never had a problem getting 2 of anything. One cruise I went with m Aunt and she is sooooo indecisive that she literally got 2 of all 2 courses each night lol.

We've never done that, and have never even been tempted to. I can see wanting to do it if you go early and then want to go again late, but they ask for your stateroom number so I would think that is to stop people from doing just what the OP did. Maybe I'm wrong. But if very many people go twice it might actually stop someone else from even being able to go once as there are just no available tables. We prefer Anytime Dining and generally go early (6 - 6:30) and quite often we'll stop at the buffet area for their "late night bites" after enjoying the show, comedy club, etc.

This is great to hear. I have a 14 year old son, and we have early dining. I wonder if he could return (particularly on lobster night)? We could see a show and come back for dessert (I would happily eat dessert a couple of hours after dinner, rather than right after).

Sorry to hijack your thread, but does anyone have speculation on whether that might work?

I don't think that with fixed time dining you could do this. You are locked in to your dining time and you can't then go and check in to YTD, because you don't have that as your dining time.

Agree that you cannot switch from set time dining to YTD back and forth at will!

You have to have YTD as your every day type of dining.

We have never considered having 2 dinners in the MDR!

I think it would be quite excessive! BTW after tasting lobster fresh from the ocean in Maine I will probably never order it again on board a ship!

I don't think that with fixed time dining you could do this. You are locked in to your dining time and you can't then go and check in to YTD, because you don't have that as your dining time.

Good to know. 24 hour pizza for him then! ;)

We are fortunate to live in lobster country, so we have them several times a year anyway. I'm certain he won't starve.

Has anyone done it and had an issue??

I did it in January on the Dream. My partner and I went into the dining room on elegant night as soon as it opened. Then we went to the first show. Then we went back to the dining room to have more lobster. No questions asked.

This was the only night we did this, but glad we did because we met our waiter (Jayat) for the remainder of the cruise. I made sure to ask for him each night and did not mind the wait.

Genius!

Agree that you cannot switch from set time dining to YTD back and forth at will!

You have to have YTD as your every day type of dining.

We have never considered having 2 dinners in the MDR!

I think it would be quite excessive! BTW after tasting lobster fresh from the ocean in Maine I will probably never order it again on board a ship!

Thanks for the answer with the exclamation points. There were two questions here. Can you eat twice? And could you change for one night on Carnival? Inquiing minds looking for multiple experiences.

As many food threads are are on this board we need a stuffed face emoji. While I applaud the efforts of the OP I cannot fathom returning to the MDR for a second meal!:eek: (also need the green tongue emoji!). Especially not when there are Alchemy martini's to be had....

Thanks for the answer with the exclamation points. There were two questions here. Can you eat twice? And could you change for one night on Carnival? Inquiing minds looking for multiple experiences.

I didn't read any tone that the answer wan't meant to be insulting, just emphatic and expressing emotion.

I will take a stab at your answers. With Early dining, no, you cannot go back. You are not registered for YTD (which the OP was which is what probably allowed them to "sneak" back in - no judgment), so you won't show up in that DR. And you are not set for late, so there is no slot.

The second question is also a definitive "no." You have either a fixed seating or YTD and cannot hop between them. I have also read that after 30 min, if you have not met your fixed dining time, you will be turned away. This makes sense as if you were with others guests sharing a table, they would be far into their meal. And even if you were alone at a table for early, you would impact the turn around for late seating and at the late seating the kitchens would be past appetizers and beginning to change over.

If you wish to "bounce" dining times, select YTD so you can go when you wish. If you have fixed and cannot make it due to a shore excursion, go to the lido or plan ahead for a specialty restaurant.

No, we have never done that with YTD. If we wanted something to eat later we would swing by the buffet or pizza, etc. to get a snack. We also change back into comfortable clothes after dinner so that would require changing again for us. I could see that if a good number of people start doing that it could cause problems with those who have YTD and choose to go to dinner later because of the tables being taken up by folks on their 2nd trip.

I can't even imagine wanting to go back and eat another meal.

We eat supper at supper time, then later if we are hungry it's fruit or something light. I don't eat 2 suppers in my everyday life, can't imagine eating 2 on a cruise. The thought of over stuffing myself, then trying to fit in cute summer clothes the next day makes me feel gross.