Half of B2B cancelled - RCCL not helping!

Good to hear they stand their grounds. It´s all too often when we read contacting corporate Office makes Things happen. They should stand their grounds much more often.(y)

Thanks for your opinion.

It seems you are quite loyal to royal. I truly wish I was in a position to feel the same. Cheers! [emoji5]

Brutal! Royal's executive offices have confirmed that they are not willing to do anything to accommodate us, despite this being due to their change.

A full refund was the best he could offer.

I don't want a refund. I just want my vacation, without having to incur extra costs due to THEIR schedule change!

I am shocked at the lack of customer service. It's very disappointing. 😣

Been there. I would have been shocked (not surprised) if RC had treated this situation any differently. As you know their schedule change only effected one of your cruises. I'm not saying it doesn't suck!!

Thanks for your opinion.

It seems you are quite loyal to royal. I truly wish I was in a position to feel the same. Cheers! [emoji5]

To be honest, while I like RCI, I'm not loyal to any business and I cruise many other lines as well.

I just don't buy the "The customer is always right" mantra.

I can see why you feel like you do, though I don't share your view about the situation.

I do think it's bad for the corporate office to overrule their own policies and resolution departments. It only encourages more and more people to go right to the top which in the long term hurts a company. That's why I'm happy everytime I hear that people got nowhere with contacting the CEO.

Hi

We were booked on the same cruise with a B2B and I gave up trying and just booked with Anthem out of New Jersey, the real reason was I had not booked our flights for 3 from Ottawa, Canada to San Juan. I am only doing the Anthem to make up the 10 nights I need for our Diamond and then we will go with Celebrity or may even try a different company completely or do some land holidays vice cruising. My Brother in Law and his wife were booked on the Adventure as well with us for the B2B but they had purchased their flights through Choice Air and Royal is not honouring the second week of the booking for them and they are almost Diamond + so they are cancelling completely and going with to do the resort thing and give up on cruising for a while

RCCL is not looking after their customers on this issue and if they don't come up with better customer service or get rids of guys like Josh in resolutions who according to him does not report to anyone in RCCL. He is it. He has the final say period. Good Luck Royal

Been there. I would have been shocked (not surprised) if RC had treated this situation any differently. As you know their schedule change only effected one of your cruises. I'm not saying it doesn't suck!!

As stated, the poster has booked airfare for both flights.

The airline dates were booked based on both cruises so while only one was cancelled, both cruises were affected.

As stated, the poster has booked airfare for both flights.

The airline dates were booked based on both cruises so while only one was cancelled, both cruises were affected.

Yes I've read all the posts. The OP has choices. Yea like I said, it sucks but time to move on.

Edited by davekathy

To be honest, while I like RCI, I'm not loyal to any business and I cruise many other lines as well.

I just don't buy the "The customer is always right" mantra.

I can see why you feel like you do, though I don't share your view about the situation.

I do think it's bad for the corporate office to overrule their own policies and resolution departments. It only encourages more and more people to go right to the top which in the long term hurts a company. That's why I'm happy everytime I hear that people got nowhere with contacting the CEO.

I am in complete agreement with the second part of your post that the corporate office should not overrule their resolution departments." However the policies they put in place for their resolution department are just so wrong . The OP and RC itself treat B2B's as a single trip experience .Cancelling part of this cruise has the effect of wiping out the whole of their cruise .

Yes I've read all the posts. The OP has choices. Yea like I said, it sucks but time to move on.

Easy for you to say move on as this situation does not directly impact you but at least you acknowledge that both cruises were impacted and not just the cancelled one.

Hi

We were booked on the same cruise with a B2B and I gave up trying and just booked with Anthem out of New Jersey, the real reason was I had not booked our flights for 3 from Ottawa, Canada to San Juan. I am only doing the Anthem to make up the 10 nights I need for our Diamond and then we will go with Celebrity or may even try a different company completely or do some land holidays vice cruising. My Brother in Law and his wife were booked on the Adventure as well with us for the B2B but they had purchased their flights through Choice Air and Royal is not honouring the second week of the booking for them and they are almost Diamond + so they are cancelling completely and going with to do the resort thing and give up on cruising for a while

RCCL is not looking after their customers on this issue and if they don't come up with better customer service or get rids of guys like Josh in resolutions who according to him does not report to anyone in RCCL. He is it. He has the final say period. Good Luck Royal

That was the issue I had with resolutions team. The agents were quite abrupt and refused to acknowledge that there is anyone above them, when clearly there is.

Easy for you to say move on as this situation does not directly impact you but at least you acknowledge that both cruises were impacted and not just the cancelled one.

My comment was from a previous experience. I mentioned that to you in my post #77...been there. You can't change RC's decision so your next choice is to move on. You tried but RC gets the last word. Is it fair, no! As I also said it sucks but such is life. Your choice and my opinion.

Edited by davekathy

Well, we ended up adjusting our cruise, taking the financial hit to re-book B2B. This allows us to travel with our family members as originally planned.

Just unfortunate that the additional cost was ours to pay.

On the bright side, I am glad it's finally sorted so that we can focus on how wonderful it will be when we are back on the beach!

Well, we ended up adjusting our cruise, taking the financial hit to re-book B2B. This allows us to travel with our family members as originally planned.

Just unfortunate that the additional cost was ours to pay.

On the bright side, I am glad it's finally sorted so that we can focus on how wonderful it will be when we are back on the beach!

Well, you have the right attitude! Just enjoy!

I have to admit... my TA might have a few more tricks up her sleeve yet with royal. Waiting patiently to see if it comes to fruition! *fingers crossed*

Here's a thought. If something does go your way, you might want to keep it to yourself. [emoji6]

The chances that the next person who asks for something against policy might increase if the whole internet doesn't know about it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Here's a thought. If something does go your way, you might want to keep it to yourself. [emoji6]

The chances that the next person who asks for something against policy might increase if the whole internet doesn't know about it.

Hmmm. Interesting point. I have thought the same about certain issues posted on CC where the person brags about how they scammed this or that . As an example if you were to smuggle alcohol , why in heavens would you brag about it here ? So yes ,telling the world about your bad behavior is foolish .

But here is the other side where it is the cruise line who is acting poorly . The OP is not asking for the unreasonable . Even if you disagree , wouldn't you say that bringing up this issue is important information ? Knowing that even if they cancel part of your cruise doesn't mean they will consider the whole of your cruise to be affected . I want to know how Royal Caribbean treats its customers in this circumstance .

I want to know how Royal Caribbean treats its customers in this circumstance .

But, then, most people's expectation will be to be treated the same and when it doesn't happen, we get threads on CC about it.:rolleyes:

Trust me, we aren't talking about anything major here. Nowhere near covering the additional cost to me.

More of a 'something is better than nothing ' type of situation.

I am in complete agreement with the second part of your post that the corporate office should not overrule their resolution departments." However the policies they put in place for their resolution department are just so wrong . The OP and RC itself treat B2B's as a single trip experience .Cancelling part of this cruise has the effect of wiping out the whole of their cruise .

I have to disagree with you here. Royal does not treat B2B or as they call them consecutive Cruises as one trip. You book seperate Cruises and while they can link them, it´s only purpose is to have you on the list for getting from one cruise to the other, or in other words tell you the procedure.

Some other lines offer B2B´s as a single cruise, Cunard and Princess come to my mind but there are more.

On These lines you don´t book two Cruises, you book one cruise, one deposit, one confirmation.....

BTW I think the deposit is a good indication already. If you pay one deposit for one cruise it´s one trip, if you pay deposits on two Cruises it´s two Cruises booked.

But, then, most people's expectation will be to be treated the same and when it doesn't happen, we get threads on CC about it.:rolleyes:

Fully agree with this. If you get something out of the norm, Keep it to yourself and don´t make other People wanting the same and feel unfairly treated if they don´t get it.

BTW, to me this goes for posting the contact information of CEO and other high ups on here all the time as well. If you had luck with the contact Keep it to yourself and don´t post it all over or tell People to contact them to get a Resolution.

The more People go this route the faster it will go away.

Brutal! Royal's executive offices have confirmed that they are not willing to do anything to accommodate us, despite this being due to their change.

A full refund was the best he could offer.

I don't want a refund. I just want my vacation, without having to incur extra costs due to THEIR schedule change! 2

I am shocked at the lack of customer service. It's very disappointing. 😣

Celebrity Eclipse has 2 week cruises out of Miami in February. It is a nice cruise which goes to 7 or 8 islands. Have you considered a different cruise line?

Celebrity Eclipse has 2 week cruises out of Miami in February. It is a nice cruise which goes to 7 or 8 islands. Have you considered a different cruise line?

Thanks for the tip, those sailings look great! Our other family members were only doing 7 days, so that's why we did the b2b like this. But I will definitely keep an eye on those itineraries to see if they're still there the following winter!

I've read that the first sailing after a dry dock is not always the best -- that maintenance is still working on the ship then.

Hey RCI -- Come on -- You'll lose more money in the long run if you don't accommodate the OP. Look what happened to United Airlines.