Cooler on the River?

hawkeye65

From the title of the thread, I thought you were going to ask about bringing a collapsible cooler onboard (I've read too many ocean cruise party hearty threads). :cool:

Roz

From the title of the thread, I thought you were going to ask about bringing a collapsible cooler onboard (I've read too many ocean cruise party hearty threads). :cool:

Roz

If the rivers get over-saturated with Wine Cruises, maybe someone will decide to try to a NASCAR-theme cruise :cool:

Typically the temperature is a bit cooler on the water, especially in the evening and when cruising. Layers are your best friend when traveling - so you can easily add or remove them as you get cooler or warmer. Always bring an extra sweater or jacket, so you can enjoy the Sun Deck even at night - you don't want to miss the views of the Danube's Capitals lit up after dark!

We typically left our drapes closed on our May cruise because if we opened them, the cabin would get hot with the sun streaming in even on mild days. So, no, I don't think it is cooler on the river when it is sunny as you have the reflection of the sun off the river and then also through the windows. It's like a double dose of sunshine.

I'm back with another dumb newbie question. We can check the average June temperatures for our route. Will it be cooler on the river?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Hi there,

We were on the Danube in June 2016 going from Budapest to Prague. During one of our very rare 4 hour sea/river day travel on the river, most of the passengers were on the sun deck, on a sunny, but breezy day on the water. Lots of people went down to their cabins & retrieved sweaters, hats etc, except me. I'd caught a cold. I guess it's a good idea to layer.

Enjoy your cruise.