Coke Lover on POA

I am an experienced cruiser (mostly RCCL) and I am usually very prepared for every situation.

We leave on POA a week from today and I just realized that NCL only sells Pepsi products. DH is a Diet Coke addict! What are his options? Drink them only when on land? Can he bring any on with him?

Please don’t say that he shouldn’t be so dependent on soft drinks or that there is no difference in Coke and Pepsi products. I only drink water, coffee and milk, so I don’t totally understand….but I want a happy husband on this VERY expensive vacation!

Miami and Tampa ports had Coke machines right after you get through security in the waiting area. My DH and I bought 4 bottles each and took them on board no problem. I am not sure about the HI port, but you can look for them! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does your husband know, that Pepsi and Coke taste different in every Country? Depends on the water they use (especially when not sold in a can, when they use these dispensers). In Europe they use no corn sirup, they use sugar from sugar beet.

Actually, the sweetener used in Coca-Cola varies from country to country based on what ingredient is most affordable for the bottling plant’s location. And in many countries, Mexico included, Coke is still made with real sugar....

They also use different no calorie sweetener in different countries..... So depending where you buy it it tastes different.

Does your husband know, that Pepsi and Coke taste different in every Country? Depends on the water they use (especially when not sold in a can, when they use these dispensers). In Europe they use no corn sirup, they use sugar from sugar beet.

Hawaii and North Carolina are in the same country? It's called the United States of America.

Hawaii and North Carolina are in the same country? It's called the United States of America.

You don't need to leave the country to get different tasting sodas when talking about fountain drinks (which is what NCL will serve you). On my last cruise my friend mentioned that she used to not have a preference between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi but the last time she had a Diet Pepsi it was terrible and she must not like Diet Pepsi anymore. I get fountain drinks often, and usually Diet Coke (though always go for Coke Zero when it's an option; waaaay better than Diet) because coke just sticks out to me. It definitely tastes differently at different businesses; I assume it's due to the ratio of the mix/water. Sure enough I order a Diet Pepsi and it tastes good to me and offer her a sip and she liked it.

Actually, the sweetener used in Coca-Cola varies from country to country based on what ingredient is most affordable for the bottling plant’s location. And in many countries, Mexico included, Coke is still made with real sugar....

They also use different no calorie sweetener in different countries..... So depending where you buy it it tastes different.

I love coke in Mexico with the real sugar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am an experienced cruiser (mostly RCCL) and I am usually very prepared for every situation.

We leave on POA a week from today and I just realized that NCL only sells Pepsi products. DH is a Diet Coke addict! What are his options? Drink them only when on land? Can he bring any on with him?

Please don’t say that he shouldn’t be so dependent on soft drinks or that there is no difference in Coke and Pepsi products. I only drink water, coffee and milk, so I don’t totally understand….but I want a happy husband on this VERY expensive vacation!

He will have to drink his fill while ashore. He is not allowed to bring any on board.

You are correct Coke and Pepsi taste very different. Also one company's product taste different in other countries because of different mixes (it has nothing to do with the water). In spite of what one poster above eluded to HI is still in the US, and Coke tastes the same in Honolulu as it does in Raleigh.

I love coke in Mexico with the real sugar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coke in the US is made with real sugar too, it's just a different type of real sugar.

I also love COKE,,,,when I did have my 1st pepsi onboard,,,it was actually really sweet

my advice,,,tell yo husband to cut down before you leave,,,then he will actually appreciate the taste,,,that is what i did,,,and i would rather drink out of the toilet than drink pepsi.

I completely understand where your husband is coming from. We don't keep soda in the house, but regularly drink it when we go out. I love coke! And no, Pepsi is not the same. It doesn't have the bite that Coke has. I am going to be sad that there will only be Pepsi on board, but it will be good for my wallet. I'll have to get it in the islands.

OMG! Norwegian has Pepsi products? I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Diet Pepsi!!

Hello, my long-lost cousin! I'm the Duchess of Pepsi and excited to learn this about NCL. Helps me decided between an NCL and Carnival option later this year.

I'm sorry for the OP's DH, though.

You don't need to leave the country to get different tasting sodas when talking about fountain drinks (which is what NCL will serve you). On my last cruise my friend mentioned that she used to not have a preference between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi but the last time she had a Diet Pepsi it was terrible and she must not like Diet Pepsi anymore. I get fountain drinks often, and usually Diet Coke (though always go for Coke Zero when it's an option; waaaay better than Diet) because coke just sticks out to me. It definitely tastes differently at different businesses; I assume it's due to the ratio of the mix/water. Sure enough I order a Diet Pepsi and it tastes good to me and offer her a sip and she liked it.

Sanger, they changed the sweetener in Diet Pepsi, that's why it tastes so bad now. It was my favorite, but now I can't stand it. I threw out 2 cases before I realized they weren't gone bad.

Sanger, they changed the sweetener in Diet Pepsi, that's why it tastes so bad now. It was my favorite, but now I can't stand it. I threw out 2 cases before I realized they weren't gone bad.

Well, she liked the diet pepsi on Norwegian in Jan. Maybe theirs is so old it has the old sweetener in it. But this was after she decided she "didn't like diet pepsi" anymore.

Hello, my long-lost cousin! I'm the Duchess of Pepsi and excited to learn this about NCL. Helps me decided between an NCL and Carnival option later this year.

I'm sorry for the OP's DH, though.

You made the right choice regardless of a Coke or Pepsi. :)

But it looks like you'll be out of luck with other great lines.

Miami and Tampa ports had Coke machines right after you get through security in the waiting area. My DH and I bought 4 bottles each and took them on board no problem. I am not sure about the HI port, but you can look for them! Good luck!

Very helpful! I, too, am addicted to Diet Coke. I did make out okay with Diet Pepsi (didn't think I would) on our last NCL cruise. Hate we can't bring soft drinks or water onboard anymore as beverage package (which we have for our upcoming NCL cruise doesn't provide water....or Diet Coke.