LIVE! First time on the Allure of the Seas - May 7, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

Who is playing in the Pub these days?

I believe his last name is Hide - I'm sorry but I don't recall his first name? In any case, he was really good! [emoji106]

In an email Royal sent me listing the entertainment for my upcoming May 28th cruise, they listed the following:

Pub Entertainer Rob Ondras Pub Guitarist

Schooner Bar Entertainer John Hides

~ Judy

It's midnight, and we are home safe and sound.... a very long travel day.

I'll continue to answer questions if anyone asks, although tomorrow it's back to the office I go - good thing I love my job [emoji6]For those wondering, I'm the Corporate Human Resources Manager for a large organization based in Toronto [emoji16]

Happy Mother's Day!

Glad you're home safe and sound. Bummer it's right back to work, but if you love your job and love to cruise, it makes for a happy life. :D

I meant to ask you, what time was the happy hour in the Diamond Club?

Thanks again.

~ Judy

Glad you're home safe and sound. Bummer it's right back to work, but if you love your job and love to cruise, it makes for a happy life. :D

I meant to ask you, what time was the happy hour in the Diamond Club?

Thanks again.

~ Judy

It was from 4:30PM -8PM

Cruising in less than 2 weeks. What is the situation with Shampoo/Conditioner, Lotion, Soaps, etc?

Unless you are in a suite, the only shampoo is what is in the dispenser on the shower wall.

There are small, round bars of soap provided as well.

My advice - bring your own :)

Enjoyed going along on your cruise. Getting ready to board June 25th, do you know if they offer the 79.99 drink card? I know someone asked before but couldn't find the answer. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am not familiar with that card - maybe someone else can answer?

I will ask at one of the bars, I am on allure now. I think someone had posted they weren't available until day 5 or 6. We are only on day 2 so will post later in the week.

I am so jealous!!! Have a great week :cool:

Did you end up having good weather for sail away? I saw the heavens open up from the window at the airport! :o

Robyn, thanks for sharing your Cruise.

Any plans to Post the Daily Compass? We will be sailing same itinerary in Mid June - Thanks.

It's midnight, and we are home safe and sound.... a very long travel day.

I'll continue to answer questions if anyone asks, although tomorrow it's back to the office I go - good thing I love my job [emoji6]For those wondering, I'm the Corporate Human Resources Manager for a large organization based in Toronto [emoji16]

Happy Mother's Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so jealous!!! Have a great week :cool:

Did you end up having good weather for sail away? I saw the heavens open up from the window at the airport! :o

No, was raining and we left late for some reason. Rain today in Nassau too. Was beautiful out just as we left at 2:30. Looks like showers anytime now too. Don't think we are going to be out in Central Park listening to jazz much longer. At least our comedy show will be dry later. :)

Sea day tomorrow so maybe we can find the gorgeous weather you had. ;)

I will ask at one of the bars, I am on allure now. I think someone had posted they weren't available until day 5 or 6. We are only on day 2 so will post later in the week.

Thanks, looking forward to following along. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, was raining and we left late for some reason. Rain today in Nassau too. Was beautiful out just as we left at 2:30. Looks like showers anytime now too. Don't think we are going to be out in Central Park listening to jazz much longer. At least our comedy show will be dry later. :)

I hope the weather improves - although last week's perfect blue skies would be hard to beat!

The CD Mitch has taken over RC's Snap Chat and I've been following along on your cruise!

I'll take some pics of the DL this evening. The location is amazing for me, it's about 15 steps from my cabin door [emoji6]

I visited Hilton Head a few years ago and there were warning signs everywhere around our resort about alligators in the area! My DH was worried every time he went to get the car! As for the palmetto bugs, no thanks! I have had a few run ins with those big buggers in Florida [emoji30]

Robyn -- we live near Hilton Head -- Sun City Hilton Head in Bluffton, SC. For 13 years. We have only gotten one of the geckos in our house once -- they do climb up the windows and the screen porch. We always have an alligator in the lagoon in back of our house and have never had a problem because no one bordering our lagoon feeds them -- fed alligators associate humans with foot and become aggressive and have to be destroyed. As for Palmetto bugs, AKA roaches, we have never had one in the house -- we have a pest control service regularly. The love bugs outside bother me when they are in season and sometimes we get these tiny dive bombing bugs inside but a call to our service usually gets rid of them.

That having been said -- Disney should have warning signs about alligators at the lake near the Grand Floridian where the child was snatched last year. They also let their over-water bungalow guests feed the gators. They've put lots of signage up and seemed to have gotten stricter with gator feeding. Did not see any last November. .

The biggest thing with Gators is their bellow for 3 months by males looking for a mate. I told my grandsons that our gator is having trouble finding a girlfriend.

Thank you for taking us along for the ride! I just binge read the entire thread and enjoyed every minute of it.

You're most welcome! Wow! You binge read the entire thread? That's commitment, and very impressive! [emoji106]

Thanks for the report. Good to read it as I start planning for our August trip, first time on this class of ship. :)

It's very exciting planning for a brand new experience on a new class of ship, enjoy! Planning is half the fun! [emoji41][emoji6]

Since you are on Allure right now, can you let me know who the Activity Manager is? That would be the person that is the 'assistant' to the CD and very often does the morning show with the CD.

Hopefully, you won't have anything like the three days of rain and wind that we had on Freedom in March. That was a first for me down in the Caribbean.

Hopefully, you won't have anything like the three days of rain and wind that we had on Freedom in March. That was a first for me down in the Caribbean.

I remember thinking about you that week on the Freedom because someone was posting Live. I would have been pretty disappointed too. A spotty shower here or there is acceptable, but 3 days of rain and wind?!? [emoji30]

I hope not. They cancelled the top tier that was scheduled for 10:30 in the aqua theater because of impending rain. Not sure if it has started raining as we were at meet and mingle and now at trivia. Progressive trivia so we aren't playing.

We will make the best of it. St Thomas tomorrow and then st kitts.