LIVE! First time on the Allure of the Seas - May 7, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

Thanks so much for your awesome review! Always enjoy them. We went to the beach for a week half way through your cruise and I had to catch back up this evening after we got home. Looks like you had a great time. I have never been on the Oasis class and don't know that I ever will. Love the smaller ships.

While the mega ships are definitely not my favorite, I do think it is worth trying. I had ruled it out for many years until I was convinced to at least try, and I'm glad I did. There are some really neat features on Oasis class that are worthwhile experiencing.

Thanks for following - I'm glad you came back after your trip to the beach to catch up! :cool:

I was down in the galley and they were making shrimp cocktails hundreds of them. They must have had a lot to move.

e7953e35d7983c612b7a7180b297756b.jpg

Also looked like lamb shank?

eff0ebed6ca529766786891e8b3f705e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow!!!! That's a whole

Lot of lamb!?! [emoji38]. I can't wait to go on my first cruise! I better do a gallery tour. That's impressive!

Lisa N

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Robyn, thank you so much for review. So looking forward to my trip in June. Any recommendation what to do in san juan? thank you

Hi there - you're welcome! I loved doing it :cool:

Hmmm....what to do in San Juan?? I guess it depends on where your interests lie......For me, I absolutely love exploring Forts and Caves. I actually research my cruises and plan them based on how many caves I can explore in 7 days :o I also make sure that my cruise takes me to St. Maarten so I can go over to Maho Beach and watch the planes land - I get as close to the fence as possible for the best view!

Thanks Robyn, I actually remember the Freedom Feb 15 review it ended up with a huge following and was 40 or 50 pages. I have yet to try Oasis class-next year is booked, still like Freedom class and also Jewel(Radiance class) going smaller feels like I'm more of a VIP :)

Hi there - you're welcome! I loved doing it :cool:

Hmmm....what to do in San Juan?? I guess it depends on where your interests lie......For me, I absolutely love exploring Forts and Caves. I actually research my cruises and plan them based on how many caves I can explore in 7 days :o I also make sure that my cruise takes me to St. Maarten so I can go over to Maho Beach and watch the planes land - I get as close to the fence as possible for the best view!

This sounds perfect for the November cruise!! Does that mean I'll have to fly in early??[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds perfect for the November cruise!! Does that mean I'll have to fly in early??[emoji12]

No need to fly in early. I'll show you how to get it all done in seven days.

While the mega ships are definitely not my favorite, I do think it is worth trying. I had ruled it out for many years until I was convinced to at least try, and I'm glad I did. There are some really neat features on Oasis class that are worthwhile experiencing.

Thanks for following - I'm glad you came back after your trip to the beach to catch up! :cool:

LOVED reading your review. DH and I LOVE the smaller ships also. We love the Freedom and Liberty. We are getting ready to sail Navigator. We are wanting to sail the Allure or Oasis. The only question is, do you have to make reservations for "EVERYTHING"? And, what I mean, is, for the shows? How far in advance do you have to make reservations? And, what if you just eat in the dining room every night? WE usually eat at the early seating. Is that the same, on this class of ship?

Thanks Robyn, I actually remember the Freedom Feb 15 review it ended up with a huge following and was 40 or 50 pages. I have yet to try Oasis class-next year is booked, still like Freedom class and also Jewel(Radiance class) going smaller feels like I'm more of a VIP :)

Wow - I remember that LIVE thread too, because it was my first one......and that's all it took to realize how much I enjoy doing them :D

Is the only ship tour the $119 one or are there other ones? I was thinking about doing it but it seems a little $$.Great report Robyn!

Also, did you do any photo packages?

I am not sure what tour you are referring to? Is that the "All Access Tour"?

No, we didn't purchase a photo package.....we just got the 3 free D+ pics we were allowed for free. To be honest, we usually avoid the photographers lol :o

Glad you enjoyed the review!!

Only if you want to get a jump start on cave exploration!? ;p

I should not have read that at the hospital. Several people are looking and wondering what I'm laughing so hard at.

I don't see what's so funny......you've known this about me for years :rolleyes:

(happy I could give you a morning chuckle ;))

.....we just got the 3 free D+ pics we were allowed for free.

Robyn, if you got 3 free pictures, I guess one of them was your daughter's C&A perk. You posted that she is 20. Did she start getting the Adult D/D+ benefits like the free picture and internet perk (but not the alcohol) at 18?

My grandson is just weeks shy of 17 so I think he is still stuck with just the teen perks that apply to all levels and can't get the picture or internet but it would be nice if he got the perks at 18 (although I told him this is the last cruise I'm taking him on ;p).

~ Judy

Robyn, if you got 3 free pictures, I guess one of them was your daughter's C&A perk. You posted that she is 20. Did she start getting the Adult D/D+ benefits like the free picture and internet perk (but not the alcohol) at 18?

My grandson is just weeks shy of 17 so I think he is still stuck with just the teen perks that apply to all levels and can't get the picture or internet but it would be nice if he got the perks at 18 (although I told him this is the last cruise I'm taking him on ;p).

~ Judy

Judy, I didn't notice when she started to get the adult D+ perks? She is 20 now, so maybe it was when she was 18? :confused:

I am not sure what tour you are referring to? Is that the "All Access Tour"?

No, we didn't purchase a photo package.....we just got the 3 free D+ pics we were allowed for free. To be honest, we usually avoid the photographers lol :o

Glad you enjoyed the review!!

Yes, I meant the All Access Tour. We are only gold (this is our third RCL cruise), so we don't get a lot of the perks!!

Yes, I meant the All Access Tour. We are only gold (this is our third RCL cruise), so we don't get a lot of the perks!!

I think the All Access Tour would be amazing - and if I didn't have the perks I do, I would most likely purchase it just to see how everything works on a ship! I say go for it, and I don't think the price is unreasonable for what you get :D