LIVE! First time on the Allure of the Seas - May 7, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

Wow bad weather. ☹️ sorry to hear that. We were very lucky. I had 2 weeks of nice weather. The first week in Cozumel it rained very early in the morning. But was gone by 10am. The second week was just as nice.

I hope not. They cancelled the top tier that was scheduled for 10:30 in the aqua theater because of impending rain. Not sure if it has started raining as we were at meet and mingle and now at trivia. Progressive trivia so we aren't playing.

We will make the best of it. St Thomas tomorrow and then st kitts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow bad weather. ☹️ sorry to hear that. We were very lucky. I had 2 weeks of nice weather. The first week in Cozumel it rained very early in the morning. But was gone by 10am. The second week was just as nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow - you really lucked out with the weather on both weeks! :cool:

Sitting on the deck cuddled up in my towel, it's pretty cool and a bit windy. Hoping for better weather to come. :cool:

Oh no!

I'm sending good vibes to the weather Gods for sunny skies for the remainder of your cruise!! ☀️☀️☀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great time last week. Although not my first Oasis class ship cruise, there were a few first time experience for me on this cruise. First time trying scuba for the first time. It was a bit intimidating, although only on a 5 ft pool. LOL. Parasailing at Labadee was amazing! Samba Grill was deeeeelish! :-D

ROBYN, your final thoughts are closely in line with mine after I sailed Oasis. We still prefer F/V class but would do Oasis again if we went with friends. EXACT same feelings about Solarium and crew interaction. thanks for taking us along.

Really enjoyed your review. We sailed a few weeks before you did. Also had a cabin right off the aft elevators on deck 8. My mom loved the fact that there was no walking but I felt that it lacked just a bit of privacy due to people entering and exiting the stair area. I'd like it about 3 cabins further away.

We also prefer Freedom to Allure/Oasis. Not that I wouldn't sail her again, but just that the differences are not enough to push us to one of the bigger ships. I also felt that the staff just wasn't as friendly as on Freedom, and I also agree about Chops. We liked it a lot on Freedom. On Allure, the service was inattentive, my steak was raw in the middle, as was my mom's chicken. Just not what you'd expect for $49 per person. Luckily I had a coupon for 2 free meals; otherwise I'd have sent most of the meal back.

Glad you made it home safely. Looking forward to your next review.

Robyn,

Like you, I am a Freedom-class fan and am going to go on the Allure for the first time in September. Your report helped me out a lot, as I love first-time perspectives on ships. Thank you for taking the time to post your report! Very informative!

Had a great time last week. Although not my first Oasis class ship cruise, there were a few first time experience for me on this cruise. First time trying scuba for the first time. It was a bit intimidating, although only on a 5 ft pool. LOL. Parasailing at Labadee was amazing! Samba Grill was deeeeelish! :-D

Wow! Scuba AND parasailing?!?! You are adventurous aren't you??

I really wanted to try the Samba Grill, but when it came down to the vote, I was outnumbered [emoji853]

ROBYN, your final thoughts are closely in line with mine after I sailed Oasis. We still prefer F/V class but would do Oasis again if we went with friends. EXACT same feelings about Solarium and crew interaction. thanks for taking us along.

My next 2 cruises are on the Adventure and Freedom [emoji4] I'm looking forward to spending time in the Solarium [emoji6].... really missed it this cruise.

Really enjoyed your review. We sailed a few weeks before you did. Also had a cabin right off the aft elevators on deck 8. My mom loved the fact that there was no walking but I felt that it lacked just a bit of privacy due to people entering and exiting the stair area. I'd like it about 3 cabins further away.

We also prefer Freedom to Allure/Oasis. Not that I wouldn't sail her again, but just that the differences are not enough to push us to one of the bigger ships. I also felt that the staff just wasn't as friendly as on Freedom, and I also agree about Chops. We liked it a lot on Freedom. On Allure, the service was inattentive, my steak was raw in the middle, as was my mom's chicken. Just not what you'd expect for $49 per person. Luckily I had a coupon for 2 free meals; otherwise I'd have sent most of the meal back.

Glad you made it home safely. Looking forward to your next review.

Thanks for your kind comments, I really enjoyed doing the LIVE review. More than likely I'll do it again in November from the Adventure of the Seas [emoji4]

We loved our cabin location, and didn't find it lacked privacy at all. In fact we almost never saw anyone when we opened the door!

I find Chops is hit or miss on most ships. I thought the quality of the steak was excellent and it was cooked perfectly, it was just tasteless [emoji853]It's like they forgot the seasoning .....

Robyn,

Like you, I am a Freedom-class fan and am going to go on the Allure for the first time in September. Your report helped me out a lot, as I love first-time perspectives on ships. Thank you for taking the time to post your report! Very informative!

I'm sure you are going to love your cruise on the Allure, she is a fabulous ship!

Listen to others opinions, learn as much as you can, but go in with an open mind and decide for yourself [emoji41]

I really wanted to try the Samba Grill, but when it came down to the vote, I was outnumbered [emoji853]

Instead of the Samba maybe you should have considered SCUBA and parasailing.;p

Instead of the Samba maybe you should have considered SCUBA and parasailing.;p

You are on point this morning aren't you? [emoji16][emoji849]

I can be adventurous, but my family is not so much. I ended up doing all this by myself, but I was okay with that. LOL. Luckily everyone like Samba Grill. They don't have as many variety of meats as the land based Brazilian steakhouse, but the meats are tender and not as salty as the land based counterparts. I like it, but I just don't have the appetite like I once had.

We were in 11317 on the same cruise, a Boardwalk balcony just down the hall.

I thought the Boardwalk balconies looked terrific! Especially the ones on the end that had a view to the Aquatheater!

I hear ya 100%! Im onboard a few hours and I'm overwhelmed!! I'm now relaxing by the beach pool and reminding myself I have all week to explore [emoji4]

37bafea2da8e3ea1424d968498c94149.jpg

You are so cute!!! I'm loving this review :D

Thanks so much for your awesome review! Always enjoy them. We went to the beach for a week half way through your cruise and I had to catch back up this evening after we got home. Looks like you had a great time. I have never been on the Oasis class and don't know that I ever will. Love the smaller ships.

To the person who was asking about the drink card, it was offered on day 6. 10 drinks for $79 plus 18% gratuity. Our sailing was the week after Robyn and our last two days were sea days. I asked earlier in the week and a bar manager told me it would come out last sea days.

To the person who was asking about the drink card, it was offered on day 6. 10 drinks for $79 plus 18% gratuity. Our sailing was the week after Robyn and our last two days were sea days. I asked earlier in the week and a bar manager told me it would come out last sea days.
I'm going to look out for that. Was there a price limit as the card might work well for wine during dinner? Can you get a drink for yourself and your spouse on the card (using 2 punches)?

I'm going to look out for that. Was there a price limit as the card might work well for wine during dinner? Can you get a drink for yourself and your spouse on the card (using 2 punches)?

The card can be shared with anyone. Our experience is that the card covers the same drinks that the deluxe drink package covers.