What to wear in the Thermal Suite

Hello all!

We are soon to be embarking on our cruise, and my lovely other half bought us thermal suite packages so we can relax. I've never been to a spa before or something like a thermal suite and wasn't sure what you generally wear there. Swimwear, workout type clothes, regular clothes?

I always just wear a bathing suit, you can wear regular clothes but your going to get hot really fast. Their are changing / locker rooms for male and female. Depending on what ship you are on their are hot tubs, showers, etc....in the changing room. Some have more some have less. You will finds robes and towels in the locker rooms, towels all over the place

i was in haven spa suite so wore my swimtrunks and a tshirt and just took off the shirt when i got in there. there are robes for the asking in any cabin so u could also do it that way.

on the BA there are also private changing booths if you want to use them

Really, it's not hot in there--at least not in any of them I've been in (Jade, Epic, and Pearl). If they kept the hot tubs at "normal" hot tub temps, it might heat up a bit. I can't stand the heat (it was 83 here yesterday and I was incredibly uncomfortable!) and I find the thermal suite temp is very comfortable.

OP, as others have said, swim wear and there are shelves and shelves of robes available. The first time I purchased a spa pass was on my first solo cruise (on the Jade) and I've purchased a pass for each subsequent cruise. I usually spend a couple hours a day there. It's especially nice after a long day in port! :D

Lockers and changing rooms are provided. towels and robes are provided. Don't want to be in your street clothes whist climbing into the thermal pools, Jacuzzis, steam room, saunas.

Swim ware in coed areas. Comfy loungers, hot stone loungers, are provided to relax before or after a nice steam and sauna.

In the unisex women's and men's locker rooms, small ships and the Epic have saunas and steam rooms. People tend to consider those areas "swim ware optional". Keep you swim ware on, people don't want to see your private bits. Ignore those who parade around without clothes (who should reallllllyyyy keep their clothes on).

Definitely not HOT in the thermal lounge. Very comfortable though. While we enjoy the "heated" loungers out in the sun there is something so nice about coming into the spa and laying down on a thermal lounger and napping. So peaceful "normally" and very relaxing. Its a great break from the loud music, wind, and crowds. We stay in a spa suite every cruise for this reason. To each their own....

Is there a size range for the robes? First time cruiser - already bought the spa package (going on the Pearl). Glad to hear that the spa is "comfortable" but not hot. After all, that is what the sauna is for!

Do the lockers have locks on them? Was planning on wearing regular clothes to the spa and changing there. Also, are alcoholic beverages available?

Can't wait!!!!

Is there a size range for the robes? First time cruiser - already bought the spa package (going on the Pearl). Glad to hear that the spa is "comfortable" but not hot. After all, that is what the sauna is for!

Do the lockers have locks on them? Was planning on wearing regular clothes to the spa and changing there. Also, are alcoholic beverages available?

Can't wait!!!!

All the robes I've seen are one-size-fits-all. Yes, the lockers have locks, but my experience has been they don't work as often as they do. There are no alcoholic beverages available in the spa. I've read you can take them in as long as they're in plastic, but I don't know if that's accurate as I've never tried.

The robes are one size fits most - so the equivalent of men's XL usually. My swimsuits have maxi dress type coverups and I usually wear that over my swimsuit to the spa and then lock it and my flip flops in the locker and just wear my swimsuit in the thermal suite. Have never gotten anything from walking barefoot on the floor in there through many weeks of cruising. If you watch, the spa personnel are constantly cleaning the floor in there. Bringing alcohol into the spa would be inappropriate as it can be dangerous and lead to dehydration and other bad effects, especially if you are spending a lot of time in the sauna or hot tub or getting a spa service such as a massage. There is chilled fruit water and tea available.

http://afterglospa.com/2013/06/drinking-alcohol-before-your-massage/

The robes are one size fits most - so the equivalent of men's XL usually. My swimsuits have maxi dress type coverups and I usually wear that over my swimsuit to the spa and then lock it and my flip flops in the locker and just wear my swimsuit in the thermal suite. Have never gotten anything from walking barefoot on the floor in there through many weeks of cruising. If you watch, the spa personnel are constantly cleaning the floor in there. Bringing alcohol into the spa would be inappropriate as it can be dangerous and lead to dehydration and other bad effects, especially if you are spending a lot of time in the sauna or hot tub or getting a spa service such as a massage. There is chilled fruit water and tea available.

I went barefoot too and had no issue, but in looking back, they do give tours to people wearing regular shoes and when I went into the snow room, I had to dance a bit to not be uncomfortable from the cold. ;)

The water and tea there is great, but I also brought a couple mohitos in there a couple times. No harm in drinking lightly in there, especially when drinking the water and tea as well. The thermal chairs were very nice with a Mohito next to me.

On the Getaway we constantly brought drinks in as did everyone else. Wouldn't bring glass though obviously

Thanks for the answers re: robes and drinks! I'm typically a water then alcohol then water again girl when drinking during the day especially. Contemplating getting my own robe or something similar to wear to the spa and back again. More comfortable that way for me.

Thanks for the answers re: robes and drinks! I'm typically a water then alcohol then water again girl when drinking during the day especially. Contemplating getting my own robe or something similar to wear to the spa and back again. More comfortable that way for me.

I usually go to the spa after breakfast and stay until I'm ready for a late lunch. I wear shorts and a t-shirt over my bathing suit. That makes it much easier than having to wear a robe, go back to my cabin to change, etc.