Princess Room Service

ChildofPisces

Something I learned in the last cruise is they also have access to all the milk alternative so that's one of the things that you can write in and they have no problem accommodating for. I wrote in rice milk everyday and got it no problem. And I also think that the coffee is quite good. And it stays very hot in the insulated pot that it comes in. We enjoy doing room service breakfast. Plus it helps with portions. If you're just going to have fruit and cereal and maybe a pastry in the buffet you will probably eat a much more appropriate portion and still enjoy yourself in room service then if you have the ability to get a lot of things that you didn't plan on eating.

DH normally means Dear Husband/Darling Husband ... whatever it's your husband.

We seldom order from room service but I have occasionally for breakfast and the "Princess McMuffin" arrived very warm.

It means "Designated Hitter" in my mind so I was stumped! Too much baseball!

PS. I never order the night before since that binds you to their schedule. I just call and ten minutes later it arrives. No getting up to wait. I call from bed and often it is here by the time I get up and put a robe on...no kidding. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Curious, How late are you ordering breakfast? I always figured there is an early morning rush, but we usually get room service before 7:30 AM. Perhaps I've been mistaken on my assumption.

Thanks,

Curious, How late are you ordering breakfast? I always figured there is an early morning rush, but we usually get room service before 7:30 AM. Perhaps I've been mistaken on my assumption.

Thanks,

I have ordered it as late as 1030 and as early as 600 and anytime in between. The speed at anytime in the morning is unbelievable. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love breakfast in our room/on our balcony. We don't eat cereal or breads though so I'm presuming that we could write down a breakfast muffin but with no bun or extra egg and bacon? We've always had a cooked breakfast on all other cruises so I'm hoping we can get the same on Princess. We will be in a mini suite but not a Club class suite.

We love breakfast in our room/on our balcony. We don't eat cereal or breads though so I'm presuming that we could write down a breakfast muffin but with no bun or extra egg and bacon? We've always had a cooked breakfast on all other cruises so I'm hoping we can get the same on Princess. We will be in a mini suite but not a Club class suite.

I would not count on it.......

You can try to write something in. Years ago this worked most of the time.

Not so much anymore.

I always say that a mini suite should never have the word "suite" in it.

Pretty misleading. Its really just a larger cabin.

I would not count on it.......

You can try to write something in. Years ago this worked most of the time.

Not so much anymore.

I always say that a mini suite should never have the word "suite" in it.

Pretty misleading. Its really just a larger cabin.

We always write in items and have always gotten them as of our last cruise in December:)

Doesn't hurt to ask. Easier to ask for modifications if you call room service instead.. If it doesn't work out, just order s couple sandwiches and remove the bread from them . Yes, somewhat wasteful but it is an option.. Otherwise, off to the buffet to pick up eggs and bacon to either eat there or bring back to cabin, or MDR for meal service.

Room service options are the same for all categories except Full Suites, who can order from MDR menu for any meal..

We like to have breakfast delivered in the room. Most of the time they come on time (7:30-8:00 means 7:30). However if there is a lot of pax ordering room service they can get behind and deliver late which has happened to us a few times before. Sometimes they call first but lately no call. The breakfast egg filled muffin is great for me while DW likes the cereal and fruit. Now since we can order on Princess@sea it is a lot easier than the hang tag which sometimes we forgot to put out in time.

We like to have breakfast delivered in the room. Most of the time they come on time (7:30-8:00 means 7:30). However if there is a lot of pax ordering room service they can get behind and deliver late which has happened to us a few times before. Sometimes they call first but lately no call. The breakfast egg filled muffin is great for me while DW likes the cereal and fruit. Now since we can order on Princess@sea it is a lot easier than the hang tag which sometimes we forgot to put out in time.

Where does one get the princess@sea app? I’ve looked in the apple app store (canada) and don’t see it.

Where does one get the princess@sea app? I’ve looked in the apple app store (canada) and don’t see it.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/activities/princess-at-sea/

There is no app to download. Once you board you simply open your browser and register. (Note that the previous poster did not refer to princess@sea as an app in the first place. Because is it entirely intranet-based)

Edited by fishywood

We love to put the card out in the evenings and receive a few items in the morning (coffee, fresh fruit, maybe a bagel). That holds us over so we don't have to rush to breakfast. LOL!! But, as mentioned before, the service tends to be very prompt. You put down 7:00-7:30 and you can count on it being delivered within the first few minutes of the time slot.

Ah, makes sense. Not sure why I was thinking "app". So the wifi is accessible in all the rooms then?

Yes coverage is good all over the ship including staterooms.

The new system on the Caribbean Princess last month was lighting fast and coverage was excellent.

Its (new system) not on all ships yet though.

Question for Mike...

In receiving breakfast in your cabin within 10 minutes of calling, I'd like to ask--are you in a suite or a regular cabin?

I am always in a regular balcony. Yesterday was the first time ever that service was delayed to half an hour from 10 minutes due to very high volume according to order taker. Needless to say we get to know each other taking every day. Mike

I saw bagels mentioned a couple of times. I’ve always just ordered what was on the hang tag so it’s been croissants with butter and marmalade.

Has anyone ordered toasted bagels and cream cheese from Room Service? It would make a nice change for me.

I saw bagels mentioned a couple of times. I’ve always just ordered what was on the hang tag so it’s been croissants with butter and marmalade.

Has anyone ordered toasted bagels and cream cheese from Room Service? It would make a nice change for me.

Yes and never had a problem getting them........good luck!