Laundry Services

A lot of Princess ships have self-serve laundry facilities, so that's an option. On Royal Caribbean where I have the most experience, I routinely sent socks and underwear out as they don't have self-serve laundry facilities. I never had a problem (nor was I embarrassed).

I always send underwear and socks out. I've had minor problems a couple of times:

• One time there was a black mark on my undershirt that would not come off. It's on the inside and not visible.
  • They lost a pair of my socks. They switched it with socks from someone with feet about half my size. Apparently, the other people didn't return them; anyway, they never found them. They paid me for them, and they probably paid more than they cost.

Note that their liability for loss or damage is limited to ten times the cost of cleaning each item. For my underwear or socks, that is much more than they cost. For some other items, maybe not.

I still send everything out, and seldom have any problems. These two occasions were rare among many cruises sending my laundry out (since becoming Elite).

DW sends out underwear but does not send them bras. She has never had a problem.

My husband and I are having a debate- when using laundry services do we send our underwear? Have people done this? Or should we save until we get home!? :)

We don't care if its under garments or not however........

Due to damage to our clothing in the past we pretty much stopped sending items out even though we get free laundry as a perk. It's the high heat that can cause the damage.

If you use the service don't send out any expensive clothing.

We use the laundry room machines.

We send everything including underwear. No problems. When the laundry is returned look for the laundry tag which is usually stuck on the inside of the waistband. Remove it as it can be uncomfortable against the skin.

If we need to do laundry we use the self service laundry areas on the ship. I bring trial size laundry soap and dryer sheets. Never had an issue getting a washer or dryer although sometimes it can get crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone post the laundry and dry cleaning prices. We always send our laundry out and have never had a problem. This will be our first cruise with Princess. Yet, we will still be on vacation and we refuse to do our own laundry even if there are self-serve facilities aboard. Our vacation time is too valuable - like about $10 to $15 an hour valuable. ;p

We also don't make our own beds, clean the bathroom, cook our own food or wash our own plates on a cruise. We are on vacation, after all. We are not going to do chores on our precious vacation time!!! ;)

4a84c48ef7ecbdf2d5f41dfae2d74be9.jpg

Edited by SantaFeFan

Can anyone post the laundry and dry cleaning prices. We always send our laundry out and have never had a problem. This will be our first cruise with Princess. Yet, we will still be on vacation and we refuse to do our own laundry even if there are self-serve facilities aboard. Our vacation time is too valuable - like about $10 to $15 an hour valuable. ;p

We also don't make our own beds, clean the bathroom, cook our own food or wash our own plates on a cruise. We are on vacation, after all. We are not going to do chores on our precious vacation time!!! ;)

4a84c48ef7ecbdf2d5f41dfae2d74be9.jpg

We use the self service laundry. Not a problem and our time is definitely worth more than that! Laundry is about the only thing we actually do for ourselves on a cruise. It's not that difficult.

I prefer to wash out my undies in the sink, hang to dry on the cord provided in the shower. Husband send his undies out with the rest of the laundry. Before becoming elite, we did our laundry in the self serve laundry room and it never seemed like much of an issue.

We've used the self-laundry facilities on some trips, but on the last one we were all the way forward and the laundry was aft, so opted to send things out. No problem with anything - they even ironed my knit PJ's. The very hot water they use would probably wear out underwear more quickly if it were used all the time, but it didn't seem to hurt just using it once or twice.

Only his undies for laundry ... but we do use their "cleaning" for many other things and have always been well pleased. :D

We have no problem sending anything out to be "cleaned" that we would take to the dry cleaner at home.

My husband and I are having a debate- when using laundry services do we send our underwear? Have people done this? Or should we save until we get home!? :)

Send them out - never had any problems with undies

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know the location of self serve laundry?

Are they on every cabin deck or less? We will be on the Island Baja balcony.

Thanks

Check the deck plans on the Princess web site. Locations are shown.

Does anyone know the location of self serve laundry?

Are they on every cabin deck or less? We will be on the Island Baja balcony.

Thanks

On Baja deck the self-service laundry room is in a hallway across from B709 ... actually you can get there from either side.