Great Butlers of NCL

NancyL2

No one mentioned Marvin, Star and Epic he was truly the most amazing person and Butler. Excellent, and of course who would not vote for Maxi

I had a big "WHAT!" until I reread your post.:eek:

Then I got a big laugh. :D

It seems I misread what you said & thought you said "Of course WE would not vote for Maxi!

What a relief when I went back and saw that it said "who" would not vote for Maxi.

Guess I need to read a bit slower!

Someone asked where Maxi is now.

We had him on the Jewel or the Jade ???

I heard he was on the EPIC in March.

Judy

I have posted a few time over the year on Gian....I took my mom on a cruise last May and Gian was our butler. My parents were very close and he had passed a few years ago, this was a big vacation for her She was ill but doctors gave her ok to go. My parents had scrimped and saved their whole lives to provide and Gian treated her like a queen. He brought her a special treat just for her and it made me cry to see how special she felt when he gave it to her. Sadly mom passed in August. I did try to reach out to him to make sure he knew how special he had made the vacation for her. In my grief I quickly booked the same cruise in April and had Mark Santos as our butler. He was awesome, personable, accommodating. I would give him a high rating. He told me Gian is now on another NE ship. I have to add that I have sent hero cards and NCL surveys etc.......NCL aggravates me with their lack of feedback ....I want to make sure that NCL acknowledges my feedback and they give back nothing.

I sailed the Breakaway shortly after my dad passed. I filled out hero cards, but Edgar in the Haven restaurant made our cruise; he is a very special person. Anyhow, probably a year later, I was booking a third cruise and thinking back on Edgar. I sent an email to customer service, letting them know how much I appreciated his care during a difficult time. They responded and said they had forwarded my email to the ship and it would be read at a staff meeting.

It would be nice if they acknowledged hero cards, but I imagine there are too many. Maybe try an email?

My first butler was Jayson. He was amazing. In fact he was so amazing that I only remember that I didn't care for the next one, nothing else.The following one was decent but he wasn't Jayson! Jayson set the bar too high.

We had Roy on the Gem in 2015, then he was again our butler on the Star in 2016! (I believe the Star is his home.) He was great!

Karin on the Sky was delightful---I am hoping to meet up with her again this fall, if she is still around!

Our first butler was missing in action, as was our butler in March; however, the concierges on those cruises made up for it! Fingers crossed for July on the Jewel!

I sailed the Breakaway shortly after my dad passed. I filled out hero cards, but Edgar in the Haven restaurant made our cruise; he is a very special person. Anyhow, probably a year later, I was booking a third cruise and thinking back on Edgar. I sent an email to customer service, letting them know how much I appreciated his care during a difficult time. They responded and said they had forwarded my email to the ship and it would be read at a staff meeting.

It would be nice if they acknowledged hero cards, but I imagine there are too many. Maybe try an email?

The HD reads every hero card.

They are counted for each employee.

Then the cards are given to the person that you wrote about.

The people with the most get "something" special.

It might be extra time off, a special shore excursion, or something like that.

They also keep track of how many each gets.

The officers take these cards very seriously and they do matter.

I believe I was told that the hero cards have a large influence on the employee of the month .

The officers and crew that get them love them and they know who wrote them - if you give them your name.

I always include my name and email.

I had a big "WHAT!" until I reread your post.:eek:

Then I got a big laugh. :D

It seems I misread what you said & thought you said "Of course WE would not vote for Maxi!

What a relief when I went back and saw that it said "who" would not vote for Maxi.

Guess I need to read a bit slower!

Someone asked where Maxi is now.

We had him on the Jewel or the Jade ???

I heard he was on the EPIC in March.

Judy

Thanks I I have done that before.

We had Roy on the Gem in 2015, then he was again our butler on the Star in 2016! (I believe the Star is his home.) He was great!

Karin on the Sky was delightful---I am hoping to meet up with her again this fall, if she is still around!

Our first butler was missing in action, as was our butler in March; however, the concierges on those cruises made up for it! Fingers crossed for July on the Jewel!

If you are talking about tall Roy, we had him on BA March 2015. At the time he did mention about moving onto the Star. He said he liked the BA because they all had their own rooms but the big ships are a lot of work with having to go front to back.

I haven't seen Karin mentioned in awhile so I'm not sure where she is but last I saw here several years ago she was a concierge.

The night butler on the Escape, Maria was just terrific. We're early risers and would go up top to smoke between 5-6 every morning. Shortly after we got up there, she'd appear with a pot of fresh coffee. The most special thing she did was sing a lovely song for our anniversary. Tears all around. It's a pleasure to be around people who love what they do!

We just finished our first NCL cruise on the Breakaway yesterday (it already seems so long ago!) and Edgar is still in the Haven restaurant. He really is a great guy - he and my husband had some great chats about wine and he always went out of his way to make sure we were well taken care of (as I'm sure he did for all the guests!) Our Butler was Nelson - he was pretty great as well. We didn't ask much of him but our few requests were always promptly taken care of. He was present without being unobtrusive which we appreciated.

I haven't seen Karin mentioned in awhile so I'm not sure where she is but last I saw here several years ago she was a concierge.

Karin was the concierge on the Sun Feb. 2016 and was to be on the Star in Australia Feb. 2017 while Hanno was out, but we ended up with Armando instead.

Karin was the concierge on the Sun Feb. 2016 and was to be on the Star in Australia Feb. 2017 while Hanno was out, but we ended up with Armando instead.

I loved Karin as a concierge. She was on the sky a few years ago. Does anyone know where she is now?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had Karin on the Sun a few years ago. Excellent!!! She really took care of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have experienced many butlers on our NCL cruises. By far, Seka on the Star was the best.

The concierge who should train all other concierge staff is Bruno from the Jewel!

They made each trip so very wonderful and special!

We just finished our first NCL cruise on the Breakaway yesterday (it already seems so long ago!) and Edgar is still in the Haven restaurant. He really is a great guy - he and my husband had some great chats about wine and he always went out of his way to make sure we were well taken care of (as I'm sure he did for all the guests!) Our Butler was Nelson - he was pretty great as well. We didn't ask much of him but our few requests were always promptly taken care of. He was present without being unobtrusive which we appreciated.

Edgar from Honduras - if so he is fantastic.

The night butler on the Escape, Maria was just terrific. We're early risers and would go up top to smoke between 5-6 every morning. Shortly after we got up there, she'd appear with a pot of fresh coffee. The most special thing she did was sing a lovely song for our anniversary. Tears all around. It's a pleasure to be around people who love what they do!

I wonder if your Maria was the same one we had for our Butler last October on the Escape. She was always singing and so obviously loved her job. I hope she ends up as our butler again in September.

Following this post as first time in 15 cruise had booked owner's suite on the Sky to Cube April 2018. So learning about the perks to a suite. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Just checking in to see if anymore information. While I'm here I have a question about the unlimited drink package . Is if possible to have the butler to keep soda's & beer in the fridge for you or do you have to go and get it very time you want or need soda or beer. Thank you

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/cruise-suites-and-penthouses

They should keep water and soda stocked upon request. They normally do not deliver liquor w/o a charge; you need to go to bar. Since drinks are inclusive on the Sky, and no one gets charged, I assume either they don't deliver at all or they do and don't charge.

There are thousands of threads/posts regarding suite perks so maybe do a search and read...read...read! :-)

Just checking in to see if anymore information. While I'm here I have a question about the unlimited drink package . Is if possible to have the butler to keep soda's & beer in the fridge for you or do you have to go and get it very time you want or need soda or beer. Thank you