Royal introduces non refundable booking option.

I'm going to hate to see Rhapsody go.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Me too...we just became friends for the first time last year and loved her. Of course I love all the Vision and

Radiance class ships anyway. ;)

Why keep MJ and buy back Empress, then sell the sweet little Vision class ships. :( Drats...will miss them

all.

Me too...we just became friends for the first time last year and loved her. Of course I love all the Vision and

Radiance class ships anyway. ;)

Why keep MJ and buy back Empress, then sell the sweet little Vision class ships. :( Drats...will miss them

all.

+1 ^

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is that any different from booking 2 cruises and then taking whichever one is priced the best at final payment time?

Yes it is. Why hold cruises if you plan to cancel. I can see holding them because you are going to travel. But it's seems it's been abused

And can we please...please..please have Enchantment back in PC, RCI?? She wants to come back home to

us!! Really she does!! We miss her!!

I agree. We were just getting used to her in PC and they took her away.

Or booking 2 and writing to see how airfare pans out.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Seriously yes. I book a cruise fully intending on getting my airfare. Same s any vacation I take. I get we want the best price and book early but it seems prices go up based on availability etc. so if less people hold and then cancel maybe pricing wouldn't go up as there is less demand.

I have a question for the experts on the non-refundable deposit. I have a cruise that if I re-booked with non-refundable it would be $173 less. If I switched what if at a later date I wanted to change cruises? Would I still come out ahead?

thanks

I have a question for the experts on the non-refundable deposit. I have a cruise that if I re-booked with non-refundable it would be $173 less. If I switched what if at a later date I wanted to change cruises? Would I still come out ahead?

thanks

You would lose $100 per person if you change ship or sailing date.

thanks

No. You will be worse off because the change fee is at least $200, which is more than the $173 you saved.

When you change to a new sailing, you also have to book at whatever price that cruise is going for, so if that cruise is exactly the same price as the one you're on currently, you just lose $27 (because the switch to non-refundable saved you $173, but a switch after that costs you $200, leaving you $27 poorer for having booked non-refundable).

EXAMPLE: Original cruise was $2,000 for 2 people.

Switch to non-refundable saved you $173, making new cruise cost $1,827

Switch to a new cruise that also just happens to cost $1,827, but you have to pay $200 change fee, so your new cost will be $2,027

Edited by ColoradoGurl

No. You will be worse off because the change fee is at least $200, which is more than the $173 you saved.

When you change to a new sailing, you also have to book at whatever price that cruise is going for, so if that cruise is exactly the same price as the one you're on currently, you just lose $27 (because the switch to non-refundable saved you $173, but a switch after that costs you $200, leaving you $27 poorer for having booked non-refundable).

EXAMPLE: Original cruise was $2,000 for 2 people.

Switch to non-refundable saved you $173, making new cruise cost $1,827

Switch to a new cruise that also just happens to cost $1,827, but you have to pay $200 change fee, so your new cost will be $2,027

Well then I will stick with my current booking as I do not want to be that firmly committed to a cruise that is still a year and a half away.

thanks