Do Oceanview Panoramic Suites also get suite benefits?

To be realistic, the info from the Concierge in post #145 probably is the final word, but I'm still holding out some hope

I agree. If you go to prepay grats it is charging $14.50 pp not the $17.50 for suites. I do believe you get double points and that's about it

I agree. If you go to prepay grats it is charging $14.50 pp not the $17.50 for suites. I do believe you get double points and that's about it

I'm ok with just getting the double points. Especially since I got such a great deal! 😊

Having returned from the cruise in 1854 I can confirm it has no suite benefits at all. We were issued with blue sea pass cards, not even JS silver ones. Front desk staff indifferent, claiming it’s an ocean view, tried explaining it was newly re categorised as an Ocean view Panoramic suite.

Had to escalate to guest relation manager who has taken this up with Miami. He along with us checked many sailings and this VP suite was more expensive than GS and on occasion OS. We were lucky as had DP so could use the concierge lounge. Be warned, if you have no status and pay top dollar for this “suite” that actually is a suite by name only you will get no suite benefits at all.

Regarding the cabin itself , the views are great, however on Indy it’s below the golf course, somebody decided to screw BOSE speakers to the deck , the music was left on all night which came thru to the cabin, loud base music. Again, we had to chase management to get this turned off at night.

It is also above the gym, one night , around 11pm, boom boom boom music , this time from the gym. I went down and of course closed to guests so went in the back way to see the staff working out. Spoke with the gym guy and pointed out to him that now there were cabins above and to ask the staff to use headphones ,tbh totally oblivious.

Despite speaking with the GRM on a few issues no contact from the hotel director which in my opinion is poor customer service. Would not book these cabins again

Not a definitive answer yet, IMO. A pretty good indication that it does not get suite benefits via an email from a concierge, but nothing from a person that has been in the cabin since the change.

Pretty sure that it will get double points because if it isn't a full suite, the alternative is a Jr suite.

I screwed up on this one if it isn't a full suite, as I booked under a non-refundable promotion, then right before final payment, a local TA came out with ridiculously low fares...

The post 3 positions above yours, #145 in this thread seemed pretty "definite"..

"I regret to inform you that this room has no access in Suite Lounge/ Gold Card or other Suite Amenities. It will be treated as a JS grade."

Having returned from the cruise in 1854 I can confirm it has no suite benefits at all. We were issued with blue sea pass cards, not even JS silver ones. Front desk staff indifferent, claiming it’s an ocean view, tried explaining it was newly re categorised as an Ocean view Panoramic suite.

Had to escalate to guest relation manager who has taken this up with Miami. He along with us checked many sailings and this VP suite was more expensive than GS and on occasion OS. We were lucky as had DP so could use the concierge lounge. Be warned, if you have no status and pay top dollar for this “suite” that actually is a suite by name only you will get no suite benefits at all.

Regarding the cabin itself , the views are great, however on Indy it’s below the golf course, somebody decided to screw BOSE speakers to the deck , the music was left on all night which came thru to the cabin, loud base music. Again, we had to chase management to get this turned off at night.

It is also above the gym, one night , around 11pm, boom boom boom music , this time from the gym. I went down and of course closed to guests so went in the back way to see the staff working out. Spoke with the gym guy and pointed out to him that now there were cabins above and to ask the staff to use headphones ,tbh totally oblivious.

Despite speaking with the GRM on a few issues no contact from the hotel director which in my opinion is poor customer service. Would not book these cabins again

Thanks for the info. Will have to check what is above and below it on the Mariner as we have 1854 booked just to try something different.

Well, that totally sucks! Were you successful getting JR suite status? When did you cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The post 3 positions above yours, #145 in this thread seemed pretty "definite"..

"I regret to inform you that this room has no access in Suite Lounge/ Gold Card or other Suite Amenities. It will be treated as a JS grade."

See post 150

The mini golf is also above these 2 rooms on the Mariner and the fitness center below. Might have to re-think staying in one of them. I guess below is better than the fitness center being above. We had that one time, it was not good

Ok...I was pretty skeptical about this post (Poster didn't say how everything turned out) so I just called RC myself and asked about this room (1854). We have it booked on the Liberty. The guy put me on hold for about 5 minutes so he could get me the CORRECT answer. I told him I was glad to wait because I needed to know FOR SURE if I would get DOUBLE POINTS for that room. He said ABSOLUTELY YES. I'm a happy camper!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Ok...I was pretty skeptical about this post (Poster didn't say how everything turned out) so I just called RC myself and asked about this room (1854). We have it booked on the Liberty. The guy put me on hold for about 5 minutes so he could get me the CORRECT answer. I told him I was glad to wait because I needed to know FOR SURE if I would get DOUBLE POINTS for that room. He said ABSOLUTELY YES. I'm a happy camper!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Thanks for the info! We are sailing next week, leaving June 16 on Freedom in room 1854.

I’m new to this cruising thing and not sure it accounts for anything but our Set Sail Sea pass state “Suite” on them.

Thanks for the info! We are sailing next week, leaving June 16 on Freedom in room 1854.

I’m new to this cruising thing and not sure it accounts for anything but our Set Sail Sea pass state “Suite” on them.

Could you please post on here after your cruise and let us know how everything was in that room? I'm so excited for you!! :D

Have you received double points?

Well, that totally sucks! Were you successful getting JR suite status? When did you cruise?

We cruised may 28 th from Southampton. Never got JS status , however can confirm today that double points were awarded for C and A status.

You get the double points but no other benefits. Blue card etc.....however marketing are looking into this for the VP suites and VT suites.

We cruised may 28 th from Southampton. Never got JS status , however can confirm today that double points were awarded for C and A status.

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep....Just like staying in a JS. 😊

But not JS pricing !

Indy next year ex Sou has VP suite priced for example June 1st / 14 night

JS £3541 pp

GS £4081 pp

VP £5611 pp

OS £5701 pp

So you can clearly see the pricing for this VP suite is pitched between GS and OS , therefore should be receiving all full Suite benefits. Not just double points. It should get access to Suite lounge / gold card etc

The price relationship between VP suites, Junior Suites and Grand Suites seems to be very inconsistent, although whenever VP suites are available they are priced at least as high as J4's so they should at least get Junior Suite benefits. I checked a few dates for short cruises on the Mariner OTS and two per person examples (without tax) are: 9/21/2018 (3 night): J4-$609, J3-$659, VP-$779, GS-$879. 10/1/2018 (4 night): J4-$699, J3-$749, VP-$739, GS-$1129. I guess those rates most be based on the number of JS and GS rooms still available, since there are only 2 VP rooms on the ship. Still, it would be hard to argue that a GS is worth only $100 per person more than a VP on a 3-night cruise but worth $390 more than the same VP on a 4-night cruise!

My wife and I will be in a J3 (room 1106) on 7/9/2018 and in a VP (room 1854) on 9/10/2018 so I will have the opportunity to compare then. I did not use those dates for my price comparison since all 4 categories are no longer available. However, when we booked the VP for 9/10 four months ago, it cost exactly the same as a J4 and so less than a J3.

Nothing new. Royal has had Ocean View Suites on Serenade and Jewel. These have 2bd/2BA no Balcony, they only receive Junior Class benefits, not Full Suite status. But get the double points... Also like the OV Suites talked about on this thread at times they are more expensive then some Full Suites and other times cheap or cheaper then Junior Suites. Depends on sailing and demand. Vision also like other ships has an Ocean View Suite-no balcony. Here's Royals new reclass listing new cabins: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/17055533_Recategorization_Trade_Grid.pdf

Super low tech here, but I’ll try and attach a photo of my set sail pass. Only been in full suites before so don’t know if this is what a jr suite pass looks like. IMG_1001.thumb.JPG.326ab5b67e48ed1c29e5d2c6f248ccea.JPG

Super low tech here, but I’ll try and attach a photo of my set sail pass. Only been in full suites before so don’t know if this is what a jr suite pass looks like. [ATTACH]423941[/ATTACH]

Same as a JS

Adding my story: after spending a good chunk of time on the phone with my TA and a RCCL rep, was assured multiple times that Oceanview Panoramic Suite 1804 on the Explorer would have full suite benefits including the gold card.

Had a good balcony booked (1388) but decided to give this a try because of the size of the cabin and the excellent price.

Some other info - booked with three people (which the RCCL rep originally thought wasn't going to fly, but was surprised when it went through) and wasn't required to put down a non-refundable deposit. However, I did book on the non-refundable deposit promotion which dropped the price considerable. Overall, the cabin was $100 cheaper than the original price of the balcony (the price is lower now with the promotion so I could have saved another $200 by re-booking the same balcony under the promotion).

Princess has ocean view full-suites which are priced pretty good, so this isn't a new concept. But I just bet a $300 non-refunded deposit that the info I got from the RCCL rep was correct! Wish me luck.

Cheers,

Hi,

We have booked the same cabin and spoke to RCCL last year before we booked it. We were assured this was a "full suite" and not a Jr. Suite.

Do you know the name of who you spoke to at RCCL. I didn't write the name down of the person I spoke to.

Ravonne