What is the weirdest thing you ever seen happening on an NCL ship! Just Curious.

tgloersen

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, 2+2 said:

Being packed into the Bliss elevators with about six Furries.  I now have a new phobia.   It was a fun cruise.  

They were even stranger out of thier costumes!

On our very first cruise we noticed a couple running around wearing robes.  We thought "hey this is a pretty relaxed cruise and these people are really relaxed".  Next day we say several more and even more the next day.  We even saw them in the MDR.  Eventually there were probably 20-30 couples running around in robes.  Being first time cruisers we had no idea what was going on and had to ask some staff.  Somehow all these peoples luggage was misplaced and finally after day 3 or 4 it made it's way to the ship.  🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, awreaper said:

Somehow all these peoples luggage was misplaced and finally after day 3 or 4 it made it's way to the ship.  🙂

Thanks for sharing.  This reminds me again of why we will cross pack our stuff tonight when we get ready to leave for our next cruise!

On a cruise several years ago, I can't recall what ship but we were going to Bermuda.  There was a large man sitting on the stairs of the pool...just deep enough to get his bottom wet.  Well apparently there was a hole in his bathing suit and his testicles (balls) were hanging out.  OMG  We told a crew member, as there were many children running around in the area, and he put his balls away and left the swimming pool.  This guy was coined the ball guy for the rest of the cruise.  

My daughter and I were in an aft on the Sun a few years ago.  One day I was at the railing and noticed torn up pieces of paper floating down....looked at the next balcony and there was an elderly gentleman totally naked standing at the rail throwing the paper.  I told the steward about it and he teased us the rest of the cruise.  

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:24 PM, tgloersen said:

What is the weirdest thing you ever seen happening on an NCL ship! Just Curious.

We were on a Christmas Carnival cruise with our three young boys, it must have been 1999, leaving from Tampa to the western Carribbean. On Christmas morning my husband and I are up early, as usual, and we go to the front of the boat where we see the sun rising. We're both like, "*****?, why are we going east?". About a minute later, a huge helicopter is hovering over the ship and within minutes the entire population of the ship is watching a passenger who had had heart attack being air lifted off the ship. It was pretty cool to watch but we weren't able to stop at Georgetown Grand Caymen because of the delay.

Last year on the breakaway deck 9 which has the tin roof right under your balcony for deck 8, I was sitting on the balcony late at night couldn't sleep. Next thing I know I hear water hitting the tin roof and think *****. So I get up to look and some guy 3 or 4 cabins down is peeing off his balcony. GROSS to say the least.

On the Breakaway a couple of years ago I saw some very drunk teenagers try to slide down the railing of the stairs from the top deck in very rough seas.  One fell over backwards and due to gap wound up falling about 2 stories.  Was stunned for a minute or two but got up and looked totally fine!

On a transatlantic on the Epic in 2017 a pub crawl group named the Shiners that was formed on this message board became good friends. The crawl was meant to last one night but lasted the whole 13 days. Coming through the Straits of Gibraltar at 1 am this group packed into the glass shower on the top deck to get out of the wind and still see the lights of Africa. They were rousted by security who said the people in the suites below were being disturbed by the thumping of footsteps overhead. Not as "epic" as a murder but who thinks at the beginning of a cruise that you may by the end of it be packed into a shower with 8 of your new best friends?

• Like 2

On 11/12/2018 at 11:19 PM, ohhbother said:

Not on NCL but on Disney years ago. Had lunch in the dining room on a sea day. Several people at our table ordered the "Texas chili" as an appetizer. When the cups of chili were served, they were cold. Not lukewarm but refrigerated ice cold. We all politely expressed concern to the server, but he just kept saying "chili." We figured out the kitchen staff was thinking "chilly." Needless to say, no one at the table ate any of the chilly chili. My husband and I still laugh about it anytime we have chili all these years later.

Was this "Texas chili" an off-the-menu item? If it was in the menu, then wouldn't the crew know the proper preparation of it?

1 hour ago, jcCruiserNYC said:

Was this "Texas chili" an off-the-menu item? If it was in the menu, then wouldn't the crew know the proper preparation of it?

Nope. It was on the lunch menu in the dining room that day. No idea how the issue happened. But several of us at the table all got ice-cold "chilly" chili. On the positive side, we had the best dessert I've ever had on a cruise ship for lunch that same day -- a delicious (and warm) blueberry cobbler.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jcCruiserNYC said:

Similar to the beans served with the Huevos Rancheros our last cruise. They were beans. Completely uncooked pinto beans. I did ask to speak with someone from the kitchen, since they shouldn't serve rock hard beans in case someone breaks a tooth.

Edited by dreadpirate3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Similar to the beans served with the Huevos Rancheros our last cruise. They were beans. Completely uncooked pinto beans. I did ask to speak with someone from the kitchen, since they shouldn't serve rock hard beans in case someone breaks a tooth.

Raw beans are edible, but not very tasty. You must be describing *dried* beans, which could be harmful if eaten. 

5 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

This is bizarre!!! Anyone with some sense wouldn't serve dried, uncooked, hard beans at home, much less at a restaurant!

• Like 1

On my Carnival Vista cruise I was getting pizza on Lido around 10pm. I walked all the way aft to watch the ship's wake and when I looked down I saw a lady bent over the railing of an aft balcony and a guy with a beer in one hand just going at it. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2017 at 10:33 PM, Dannirose said:

Not NCL, but I still can't believe this happened - I was on a NASCAR fan cruise and the ship ran out of beer on the second day and had to wait until we got to port in Nassau to restock! A lot of unhappy passengers...

Wow.  Did they seriously misjudge their passengers!  They're lucky there was not a mutiny.  

10 hours ago, cksv said:

On my Carnival Vista cruise I was getting pizza on Lido around 10pm. I walked all the way aft to watch the ship's wake and when I looked down I saw a lady bent over the railing of an aft balcony and a guy with a beer in one hand just going at it. 🤣

How dangerous.  He could have spilled his beer :classic_ohmy:

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, cksv said:

At least post the video we know you shot 😉

• Haha 1

Not as good as most of these but I seem to be a magnet for funny situations...was sitting in atrium at small round table for 2 ( where tables are in a line right next to one another) friends at small table for 2 at my right and a couple sits down to my left. Guy sets his drink down and starts talking to people on his left. Between a little rocking of ship and condensation his drink slides off the table and onto floor between us.  I picked up his glass and just as I was going to place it on his table he turns to take a sip...and sees me with his empty glass trying to put it on his table.  The LOOK he gave me  was contemptuous. . Hubby and friends started laughing hysterically which got me laughing and I couldnt explain what happened. He and his wife got up abruptly and left.  

On another cruise, laid down on a vacant available lounger in the shade and hubby next me. HOURS later I fell asleep. I woke up to hear to some guy screaming "she stole my chair".  Hubby tried to reason with guy that there were no towels when we sat down and maybe his seat was the loungers with no one sitting in them to no avail. (fyi there were empty loungers  all around with towels on them).  The guy wouldnt leave and I kept pretending I was asleep as I didnt want a confrontation. He kept screaming I stole his lounger....finally, an employee came over and he realized he may have  "saved" the lounger a few chairs up from mine. 

Lastly, a family cruise. My heavy set brother, not used to drinking too much, went to leave a venue on the first night and face planted as he was leaving the venue.   My B-I-L, also heavy set and inebriated, yelled I"ll help you and ended up falling flat on top of my brother. Employees came running to help. (At this point I must admit hubby and I saw the whole thing as we were  leaving,  and we were deciding whether to admit we knew these people or just walk away). After seeing what happened, an employee came with a "caution" sign and placed it over the men and walked away.  HAHAHA .  (hubby and I helped wives get the guys back to cabins).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2017 at 1:24 PM, davy jones said:

Once I was having breakfast in the ships buffet on a sea day and they were playing the Theme from Titantic. I did note the irony. Apparently, no one checked the musak play list.

I know what I’m replying to is old, but I sailed on the Sky this past March and spotted one of the backdrops for photos while crew was putting out Emesis bags due to rocky waters. My friend and I swore this was the staircase from the titanic movie and were convicted it was an omen that our ship would sink!!

8C182A4B-1EAA-44F8-B289-E65F4F3401F3.jpeg

Edited by fbhorn

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 3:20 AM, fbhorn said:

I know what I’m replying to is old, but I sailed on the Sky this past March and spotted one of the backdrops for photos while crew was putting out Emesis bags due to rocky waters. My friend and I swore this was the staircase from the titanic movie and were convicted it was an omen that our ship would sink!!

8C182A4B-1EAA-44F8-B289-E65F4F3401F3.jpeg

My son and I had our picture taken with that backdrop on our last Carnival cruise.

He has watched the movie about 1000 times and he was convinced it was "the grand staircase."