What is the weirdest thing you ever seen happening on an NCL ship! Just Curious.

tgloersen

On the Gem two years ago-

There was this man who wore the same red shirt the entire cruise. We notice him randomly roaming the hallways throughout the cruise, talking to himself.

One day we go to Win, Lose, or Draw. You basically pick a card and have to draw what's on it, and then your team guesses what you are drawing. The red shirt guy shows up halfway into the game and demands that he gets to draw next. He is paired with a team of three young girls.

He goes up and draws a card and then tells the guy running it that he is drawing what he wants. He proceeds to draw something that I won't mention (hint: a man has one). The girls look confused and kind of disgusted and the red shirt guy says, "I was drawing Dick Cheney, but I didn't have time to draw the chain and the knee." And then he started hysterically laughing and ran away.

After the game was over, we had a talk with the guy who was running it. He said that red shirt guy was on the ship by himself for three weeks, and they already had had issues with him. He apparently stole another young girl's wallet, took her to the front desk, and tried to frame the girl, saying that it was his wallet that she stole.

Anyways, as the cruise went on we saw him around, mostly showing off his moves in Bliss at night.

On the last day, we go to the Atrium to get ready to disembark. We spot him in the middle of a talk with some lady, and we heard him say something along the lines of, "I wish they let you bring guns onboard because I would shoot up the whole ship." WHAT???

If you are familiar with the layout of the Jewel-class ships, O'Sheehan's is on the upper level of the atrium, and there is a big screen that spans the two floors. They were playing a video of the crew waving goodbye to everyone. Normal enough.

We go up to O'Sheehan's and see the guy in front of the screen, swearing at the crew members on it, because he wouldn't be disembarking like everyone else. He then began to lie on the floor and then began some sort of a dance (there was no music playing). I do have a video, but I'm not sure anyone would like to see it...

Anyways, that's the weirdest thing I've seen from my cruising experience.

There are several other threads regarding what age kids should be able to roam the ships alone, and some say age 8! This red shirt guy is the exact reason why I think that is ludicrous! He clearly was not all there.

• Like 1

On the Gem two years ago-

There was this man who wore the same red shirt the entire cruise. We notice him randomly roaming the hallways throughout the cruise, talking to himself.

One day we go to Win, Lose, or Draw. You basically pick a card and have to draw what's on it, and then your team guesses what you are drawing. The red shirt guy shows up halfway into the game and demands that he gets to draw next. He is paired with a team of three young girls.

He goes up and draws a card and then tells the guy running it that he is drawing what he wants. He proceeds to draw something that I won't mention (hint: a man has one). The girls look confused and kind of disgusted and the red shirt guy says, "I was drawing Dick Cheney, but I didn't have time to draw the chain and the knee." And then he started hysterically laughing and ran away.

After the game was over, we had a talk with the guy who was running it. He said that red shirt guy was on the ship by himself for three weeks, and they already had had issues with him. He apparently stole another young girl's wallet, took her to the front desk, and tried to frame the girl, saying that it was his wallet that she stole.

Anyways, as the cruise went on we saw him around, mostly showing off his moves in Bliss at night.

On the last day, we go to the Atrium to get ready to disembark. We spot him in the middle of a talk with some lady, and we heard him say something along the lines of, "I wish they let you bring guns onboard because I would shoot up the whole ship." WHAT???

If you are familiar with the layout of the Jewel-class ships, O'Sheehan's is on the upper level of the atrium, and there is a big screen that spans the two floors. They were playing a video of the crew waving goodbye to everyone. Normal enough.

We go up to O'Sheehan's and see the guy in front of the screen, swearing at the crew members on it, because he wouldn't be disembarking like everyone else. He then began to lie on the floor and then began some sort of a dance (there was no music playing). I do have a video, but I'm not sure anyone would like to see it...

Anyways, that's the weirdest thing I've seen from my cruising experience.

Perhaps NCL was waiting for the men in the White Coats to take him away to the farm with the chirping birds

and basket weaving !

I was in the Dawn a couple of years ago and a big group of 40 people came dressed as pirates on the the first day😂 Okay confession I got talked into it as well from our Facebook group it was so Funny got lots of strange looks 😂😂

• Like 1

I was in the Dawn a couple of years ago and a big group of 40 people came dressed as pirates on the the first day😂 Okay confession I got talked into it as well from our Facebook group it was so Funny got lots of strange looks 😂😂

For us it was the opposite. (Forgive the fact it was on a Disney ship, not NCL). Everyone was encouraged to dress like a pirate for the second night on deck celebration. According to the CC Disney boards this was a big deal - so we came prepared. Well, I don't think anyone else on our cruise read CC (shame on them!), so we felt like the folks who got pranked into thinking a formal affair was a costume party.

However, talking and interacting afterwards with the five-year-old boy at our dinner table who was convinced I actually was Captain Jack Sparrow was priceless!

• Haha 1

For us it was the opposite. (Forgive the fact it was on a Disney ship, not NCL). Everyone was encouraged to dress like a pirate for the second night on deck celebration. According to the CC Disney boards this was a big deal - so we came prepared. Well, I don't think anyone else on our cruise read CC (shame on them!), so we felt like the folks who got pranked into thinking a formal affair was a costume party.

However, talking and interacting afterwards with the five-year-old boy at our dinner table who was convinced I actually was Captain Jack Sparrow was priceless!

Yes we were worried it would end up like that too!:eek:

One morning on the Jewel at the Garden Café they were playing "Dazed and Confused" by Led Zeppelin. Unique song for breakfast to say the least :cool:

Pretty cool though :cool:

For those of you not familiar with the song here it is

Once I was having breakfast in the ships buffet on a sea day and they were playing the Theme from Titantic. I did note the irony. Apparently, no one checked the musak play list.

This is going back a long ways when the Dream was new. This was a New Years Eve cruise and the stabilizers were broken and it was very, very rough seas. The kind of rough seas where you're walking down the hallway one second and the next second you're stumbling looking for something to hold on to. So it's New Years Eve, it's formal night back then, sequins and fancy cocktail dresses. We're sitting in the theatre and the seas are so rough, no stabilizers working and the entertainers quit mid show sort of....."screw this" and walked off the stage. Then really, really rough seas and people start falling out of those seats in the theater with the rollers on the bottom. I saw older women in sequin gowns fall out of their roller chairs, legs flying and undies showing!! It was terrifying and funny all at the same time.

My Dad's thinking the ship is sinking at this point tells us all to casually make our way to the deck with the lifeboats!

Once I was having breakfast in the ships buffet on a sea day and they were playing the Theme from Titantic. I did note the irony. Apparently, no one checked the musak play list.

Sort of like playing the theme from "JAWS" when watching the assorted fish and mammals - whales - dolphins -

porpoises - etc.

On the NCL Dawn in 2014 a much older woman kept coming to the breakfast buffet in her bathrobe which she neglected to keep closed

2 mornings and then she disappeared

Reagan

So what happen did the bathrobe just form a puddle on the floor and wearer do a Harry Potter disappearing act ?

OR did NCL take some serious action banning wizards from the buffet !

• Like 1

On my last cruise a group of us created a roll call, meet & greet and a FB even page. There had to be hundreds of people who joined the FB page. We all exchanged cabin numbers to see where everyone was located and we planned a cabin crawl. Apparently I had a secret admirer. The day of embarkment I find a letter that was left for me. A birthday card at that. My bday was the first day of our cruise and the group knew. Anyway this card was a birthday card hand written from this guy. I'm the card was a small business card with his picture and personal information (phone number, cabin number etc) and on the opposite side of the card was a floor plan of the solo cabins with a map showing me to where his stateroom was. The whole cruise I was constantly looking over my shoulder. I am sure he thought it was an innocent gesture but I was weirded out for sure. I will say that I did keep the bday card & 'business card' because you can't make this **** up!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One thing my husband and I always think is funny is that one of the photography backdrops they have set up in the Atrium on pretty much every Dawn cruise we've ever been on is the scene of the stairway from Titanic! People are always posing in front of it like, "Yup! Here I am, a cruise ship passenger on the Titanic!" Last year there were a few adorable toddlers in little sailor suits posed in front of it. My husband turned to me and said, "Oh, no, they are doomed."

Not NCL, but HAL Rotterdam, 40+ years ago. We were in Bermuda, before the King's Wharf was built. We tendered into Hamilton.

One afternoon, we were on the tender returning to the ship, and pulled up along side a row of picture window cabins (no balconies back then). In 1 cabin, there's a man laying in bed, reading a newspaper. Totally naked. Someone knocked on his window to get his attention. Startled, he used the newspaper to cover his ........

face. I guess he figured no one would be able to recognize him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not NCL, but I still can't believe this happened - I was on a NASCAR fan cruise and the ship ran out of beer on the second day and had to wait until we got to port in Nassau to restock! A lot of unhappy passengers...

You mean they just ran out of bud light

• Haha 1

Didn't happen on NCL and didn't happen to me (it was my parents) but it's still a great story:

In my parent's dining table of 10 every night there were always the same two seats open, until the last night when the couple finally showed up. After exchanging pleasantries they started looking at the menu. The woman asked my mom "Where are the prices?" My mom explained that the meals were included with your fare. The lady then turned and smacked her husband hard in the arm.

It turned out they went to the buffet every night because he thought they couldn't afford to eat in the fancy dining room, but agreed to splurge on their last night at sea.

OMG that SUCKS!!!! I would've been so mad! They probably missed lobster night and the chocolate cake and everything :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Like 1

Many years ago, I think on the Dawn, my daughter asked if she could have blackened chicken, the waiter looked confused. She said just ask the chef, thinking they would know. You guessed it, she got a completely charred burned to a crisp inedible chicken breast. Same cruise she asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from the kids menu...there was maybe a teaspoon of peanut butter and an equal amount if jelly.

• Haha 1

Wow..these are great!

On the NCL Dawn there was a man sleeping at the dining table while his wife ate in silence...she ordered all three courses. Then the same man was asleep LAYING on a couch in the back of one of the dance club venues. Sheesh....on sail away no less.

I finally gave up and put my husband to bed ;) He saw pics later and didn't remember any of it.

As for the guy in the Borat swimsuit..my husband used to own that suit. Thankfully its gone and it hasn't occurred to him to purchase one for cruising.

On the NCL Spirit we were in an elevator and a older woman with purple hair kept flirting with my husband's uncle and squeezing his muscles. His wife is quiet and doesn't like confrontation. My husband was drunk and oblivious...admiring himself in the mirrored wall. Having had a few drinks myself (and never shy about saying what's on my mind), I finally barked, "Hey lady, his wife is standing right there!" As soon as the elevator doors opened, she and her friend scurried off.

• Like 2

On our second trip on the Gem. I was in the thermal spa early one morning waiting for my wife. Another guy and I were in loungers by the bow windows. An attractive woman in the standard issue white robe comes in a sits in the lounger next me and the other guy. At this point their might be 5-6 people in the whole place. About 5 minutes go by and the woman stands up, drops her robe and walks over to the hot tub and gets in. Now, when she dropped her robe she nothing on under it. I looked and smiled, the guy next to me looked and smiled. The 90 year guy behind us looked for a long time and REALLY smiled. My wife walks in about 30 seconds later, the woman looks up at her and suddenly has a look of horror on her face. She was from Spain and apparently thought everyone took their clothes off in the spa. Poor woman seemed to be very embarrassed, it was a nice view while it lasted

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 1

Many years ago, I think on the Dawn, my daughter asked if she could have blackened chicken, the waiter looked confused. She said just ask the chef, thinking they would know. You guessed it, she got a completely charred burned to a crisp inedible chicken breast. Same cruise she asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from the kids menu...there was maybe a teaspoon of peanut butter and an equal amount if jelly.

One morning, in Blu on Celebrity Solstice, I was tired of fancy breakfast and just wanted a grilled cheese.

They were totally mystified.

So I tried to explain.

I got two pieces of very lightly done toast with cold american cheese in the middle!

One morning, in Blu on Celebrity Solstice, I was tired of fancy breakfast and just wanted a grilled cheese.

They were totally mystified.

So I tried to explain.

I got two pieces of very lightly done toast with cold american cheese in the middle!

XXX

Sometimes it would be better to just step behind the counter and do it yourself - even if the crew is

English speaking - something gets lost in the translation - CCL has cooking classes don't they ?

Would our mystery celebrity chef please show us your creation - I am aghast "Grilled Cheese" !

Mom and Apple Pie and CCL does not know about "Grilled Cheese" - not toasted cheese !