RCL did not honor booking price

Here's a first...Price on the Majesty of the Seas yesterday for 9/7/18 was $200.53/pp for a 3 nt. cruise.

RCL calls today and canceled the booking because they said RCL had made an error in the price. But as a gesture of "good will" the Pinnacle member can get a $50.00/pp OBC if they accept the corrected price of $380.53/pp.

Has it ever happened to you?

Here's a first...Price on the Majesty of the Seas yesterday for 9/7/18 was $200.53/pp for a 3 nt. cruise.

RCL calls today and canceled the booking because they said RCL had made an error in the price. But as a gesture of "good will" the Pinnacle member can get a $50.00/pp OBC if they accept the corrected price of $380.53/pp.

Sounds a lot like this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2498175

Yes, it has happened to me 2 times on two sailings.

They claim that it is a website glitch and they do not honor it. I did receive 100.00 OBC for a future cruise. Sounds like they are even decreasing that offer.

Wow, someone actually got in on those prices? There were several 4-5 nighters I was looking at in November that showed the around $200 price on the website, but as soon as you chose your room category, the prices jumped back up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, someone actually got in on those prices? There were several 4-5 nighters I was looking at in November that showed the around $200 price on the website, but as soon as you chose your room category, the prices jumped back up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's what happened to me as well- I was excited for a very short period of time:)

Were these before people put down deposits? If you reserve a cabin and pay a deposit or even pay it in full, can they come back and not honor it?

My understanding was that these booking were on a short hold, no deposit made yet.

Ok...good lesson there....if you get a price that's too good to be true, put down a deposit! Not sure they would honor it, but that would be interesting.

I'd go farther than that and pay in full!

I did just that...paid in full. I do , however, have a voicemail from RCCL wanting me to call regarding that reservation as "they have some information they would like to discuss regarding the booking"

I did just that...paid in full. I do , however, have a voicemail from RCCL wanting me to call regarding that reservation as "they have some information they would like to discuss regarding the booking"

Oh interesting...I would love to know the result of that. Are you going to call? LOL!

Dang, sounds like paying in full might not be a viable strategy.

We paid in full and they still raised the price, and I have a receipt showing a $0 balance.

Kind of scary, what stops them from doing this to all bookings, citing a mistake. How does anyone know if their price is a mistake or not.:eek:

Not sure how they get away with this- it is false advertising and their marketing people should know that fully well. I would complain on high and go straight up the chain and make them honor the price if possible.

Kind of scary, what stops them from doing this to all bookings, citing a mistake. How does anyone know if their price is a mistake or not.:eek:

This is what worried me about the Indy booking for Nov - that is a good deal or glitch? Maybe the glitches get "fixed" right away - so maybe you are safe after x days.

Or worse yet, you go to print your set sail pass, and they say you still owe. Anyway you look at these situations, all seems very wrong! Once you have a contract (they've issued your reservation), it should be the price. I know in retail if the store has the wrong price, they are required to honor it, at least for the first item.

Erika

Ok...good lesson there....if you get a price that's too good to be true, put down a deposit! Not sure they would honor it, but that would be interesting.

the booking had a deposit on it....offer made and accepted, but RCL's guidelines state they can make errors on pricing