255% single supplements!

lizinindy

I'm struggling to understand why single traveller's should pay more than a 100% supplement let alone a 200-255% supplement.

They only have one lot of OBC, consume 1 persons food, drink 1 persons worth of "free" drinks using the drink package.

A £2000 fare with 255% added on = £7100 wow!

I's 100% plus 155%

2000 (100%) plus supplement of 3100 (155%)would be 5100.

Could you explain the differences between the two with regards to solo cruising (maybe a side by side comparison)?

Was wondering the same thing........I know you (and I) have sailed on Celebrity solo many, many times over the years.......

I have always felt welcomed.....I don't know about Princess since I have never sailed with them.

Nope, you didn't miss anything. Looks as if Celebrity came to its senses or finally hired a proofreader. Or both.
Was wearing my glasses this time; glad to see I didn't miss any!:)

I will be checking more closely when I book future cruises, to make sure that I'm not booking any over a 200% supplement.

The last solo cruise I did was on Princess and and I snagged a deal whereby my fare was 150 percent of the standard per person pricing. Like several posters have already pointed out, there are plenty of other cruise lines out there - and their websites work!

I've snagged a few of those 150% single supplements in my day. Those can be classified as an exciting deal. Current "exciting deals" not so exciting.

Current eXciting deals are not so exciting for anyone, not only single fares; & haven't been for some time. Once in a while something good comes along, but most are ho hum.