Sooo.....Wine!

I know you can have 2 bottles per stateroom. Can I put in checked luggage at pier or do I have to carry on in a carry on bag on the ship?

Thanks in advance!

Your choice. We prefer to put our wine in our carry on.

Both times I had two bottles in my backpack and after going through the xray they sent me to secondary security who checked to make sure they were wine and hadn't been tampered and refilled. Both times were spring break cruises and security said they don't let anything pass without checking it.

I believe the posted rules say wine must be carried on.

Both times I had two bottles in my backpack and after going through the xray they sent me to secondary security who checked to make sure they were wine and hadn't been tampered and refilled. Both times were spring break cruises and security said they don't let anything pass without checking it.

I believe the posted rules say wine must be carried on.

The restriction is two bottles per stateroom. When they pulled you aside did they verify that nobody else in your stateroom was carrying on wine?

The reason I ask is because when you go through security they are not keeping track of who is together, they just wave people through. So if my wife and I go through security separately, and we both carry on two bottles of wine, are they going to discover that we have four bottles combined in our stateroom? What was your experience with this?

The restriction is two bottles per stateroom. When they pulled you aside did they verify that nobody else in your stateroom was carrying on wine?

The reason I ask is because when you go through security they are not keeping track of who is together, they just wave people through. So if my wife and I go through security separately, and we both carry on two bottles of wine, are they going to discover that we have four bottles combined in our stateroom? What was your experience with this?

When we sailed on Allure, my sister had the two bottles of wine in her carryon as mine was full of stuff. They stopped her and wanted to know who was with her. She had been referred to another area when she went through security. There was a table there that had some wine on it. I am guessing if I weren't with her, one of the bottles may have been taken by the security people. I don't know that for sure as I was just a couple of people behind her in line.

When we sailed on Allure, my sister had the two bottles of wine in her carryon as mine was full of stuff. They stopped her and wanted to know who was with her. She had been referred to another area when she went through security. There was a table there that had some wine on it. I am guessing if I weren't with her, one of the bottles may have been taken by the security people. I don't know that for sure as I was just a couple of people behind her in line.

Interesting. So if you have wine in your carry-on they match you up with the other person in your cabin.

I had 2 bottles of wine in my carry on bag and they put an orange zip tie through my zipper instead of opening my bag to see what was in it. They said someone else would check it but nobody ever did.

I also had to use nail clippers to cut it off later because I couldn't open my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Interesting. So if you have wine in your carry-on they match you up with the other person in your cabin.

Only sometimes. We sailed in June and had 3 cabins. I carried all six bottles of wine in my bag. No one matched me up with anyone, just asked how many cabins I had.