What discontinued MDR foods from cruises past do you wish they still served?

Keys2Heaven

The flaming deserts. Yes I'm going back a long time. Baked Alaska, cherries jubilee set alight. It was more elegant back then. I didn't see the oysters Rockefeller on my last cruise and also the fried mozzarella which was not frozen and served with a great marinara sauce.

Bitters and Blanc. I still enjoy it on longer cruises but it is no longer on the 7 day or less menu.

Really?! That boils my blood! I loved the B&B. I think the chocolate melting cake is so overrated! That they could have eliminated for my liking. :mad::mad::mad:

Really?! That boils my blood! I loved the B&B. I think the chocolate melting cake is so overrated! That they could have eliminated for my liking. :mad::mad::mad:

I don't recall seeing B&B on our 8-day Vista cruise last month. My wife and I agree with you about the CMC. However, on one of our first cruises, she had a flourless chocolate cake that she said was one of the best "cakes" she's ever had.

I liked it well enough but it wasn't my favorite. I saw a picture someone posted where they had ordered a side of peanut butter to go with it. I will definitely be giving that a try.

Oysters Rockefeller, cold seafood salad with squid, I think the shrimp quality in cocktail has gone down, but I'm not sure what type it used to be. Maybe tiger?

I didn't notice meatloaf on the menu last time. My life partner loved it, she has low brow tastes I guess. No wonder she loves me!

The flaming deserts. Yes I'm going back a long time. Baked Alaska, cherries jubilee set alight. It was more elegant back then. I didn't see the oysters Rockefeller on my last cruise and also the fried mozzarella which was not frozen and served with a great marinara sauce.

Loved the flaming cherries jubilee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It had been 7 years since I was on a Carnival ship when I boarded Magic last May. I couldnt think of a thing to add to this thread until someone mentioned the fried mozzarella with marinara. It was some of the best Ive ever had.

Flesh has gone up and price. I have noticed that most of the requests are for some kind of dead flesh. Interesting. What about some fresh exotic fruits, organic vegetables, and smoothies instead of dead carcasses?

Flesh has gone up and price. I have noticed that most of the requests are for some kind of dead flesh. Interesting. What about some fresh exotic fruits, organic vegetables, and smoothies instead of dead carcasses?

Man I thought I was a radical, but never refer to meat as flesh. May try to work that one in.

I've been over my ethical arguments against cruising in general for ecological reasons (carbon footprint, increased waste, habitat interruption, people not working, etc.) and as you can imagine a lot of didn't really take too kindly too it and I don't actually practice what I preach. My family avoids "exotic" fruits, mushrooms and veggies for ethical purposes due to the carbon foot print in shipping and lack of efficient and ethic supply chain. I think we like most people would rather have some seafood caught by the dudes on deadliest catch (or more likely people like them) or raised by an honest, hardworking, freeman American farmer. At least we know no slave labor or forced work was involved. Don't know what happens st Durian farms.

Just two cents from Frisco. It's cool if you don't agree, being smug isn't a contest.

Spaghetti Carbonara. I don't believe it's in the American Table menus and this is one of my very favorites.

It is on the American Table menu, but it is served on the same night as lobster and prime rib. I really wanted it, but I couldn't resist the lobster! I wish they would serve it on a different night.

It is on the American Table menu, but it is served on the same night as lobster and prime rib. I really wanted it, but I couldn't resist the lobster! I wish they would serve it on a different night.

Cut up and add the lobster and the shrimp to the spaghetti carbonara along with the broccoli. (forget the orzo stuff that comes with it). Mmmm.

You can get carbonara as an app, app size.

• NY Strip steak (I eat the Flat Iron steak, but it's no NY Strip!)
  • Chateaubriand
  • Baked Alaska (Just for the presentation)
  • They had an entree that included Farfalle noodles and sausage (and other stuff) that could be ordered as an appetizer. I used to order a bowl of Farfalle and sausage as an appetizer.

LOL....'flesh'. So edgy.

Edited by ray98

• NY Strip steak (I eat the Flat Iron steak, but it's no NY Strip!)
  • Chateaubriand
  • Baked Alaska (Just for the presentation)
  • They had an entree that included Farfalle noodles and sausage (and other stuff) that could be ordered as an appetizer. I used to order a bowl of Farfalle and sausage as an appetizer.

Unless my memory is really challenged, Chateaubriand was served last year on 8 days on Sunshine and Valor

Lasagna Bolognese. Had it on my first few Carnival cruises in the MDR but I haven't seen it lately.

The late-night lasagna at Pizza Pirate Plus is actually pretty good. Lots of beef, too. Or should I have been edgy and said "flesh"? ;p