Let’s Make Anthem Great Again – Live Thread May 20, 2017

Loved the video!! I'm following! Hurry and post more! :D

Tell the Captain to get the ship back to Bayonne and I would be happy to oblige.

This is going to be fun!

I love Anthem too and while you may be joking about the U.S. and its relationship to technology, I think there is some truth to it all! ;p Looking forward to the rest

Behind every joke is a little truth.

Interesting. The service we had on the Anthem in October was the best we ever had.

I have to agree with Yorkvillain on this. We were on that same sailing and the service was top notch all the way. I am big fan of Anthem and can't wait to sail her again... Sorry if you did not experience the same thing.

... I also know that crew continually move from ship to ship so I think recommending an Oasis class over a Quantum class due to a service issue is a little unfounded. ...

I agree that a particular crewmember's intended service level is probably not dependent on the ship. However, if the company has assigned fewer crewmembers to certain service tasks on a ship, I could see how guests could perceive a service level difference between ships.

Rick,

Have a great trip!!! Great that you are sailing with Mr. P and "white shorts" again. I am sure you all will have an exceptional trip!!! Say hello to "Hashish" (how his name is pronounced) in the Schooner Bar. He took awesome care of us.

I agree that a particular crewmember's intended service level is probably not dependent on the ship. However, if the company has assigned fewer crewmembers to certain service tasks on a ship, I could see how guests could perceive a service level difference between ships.

Bob,

I completely agree. Although, I have found no issue on Anthem and I'm hoping that this sailing is par for the course. I will let everyone know one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to agree with Yorkvillain on this. We were on that same sailing and the service was top notch all the way.

The only negative floatel_lvr had on that sailing was the annoying guy sitting next to him periscoping the Captain's Corner. [emoji15]

The nine night is fantastic, I did the same sailing last June.

Hey Rick really looking forward to your review. We're doing the nine night this summer and are just curious what the demographics were like when you went last June. Thanks and have an awesome time!

Interesting. The service we had on the Anthem in October was the best we ever had.

Perhaps it is luck and as one poster stated the staff moves around- had a wonderful sailing a few months back on the Harmony and will be booking the Symphony soon. However we found that because the middle of the ship on the Quantum was split into two areas, the parade and many of the functions in the main area were always congested. Also don't recall his name, but the cruise director wasn't good.

Hey Rick really looking forward to your review. We're doing the nine night this summer and are just curious what the demographics were like when you went last June. Thanks and have an awesome time!

It was definitely a younger crowd. Not necessarily a lot of children as I sailed prior to schools in the Northeast being let out for the Summer, but a lot more 20 somethings cruising with friends and families than you would normally see on a longer sailing. The Music Hall crowd was a lot of fun and I definitely enjoyed the nightlife on the Anthem. From a demographics perspective, it is one of my more enjoyable sailings in 2016.

Perhaps it is luck and as one poster stated the staff moves around- had a wonderful sailing a few months back on the Harmony and will be booking the Symphony soon. However we found that because the middle of the ship on the Quantum was split into two areas, the parade and many of the functions in the main area were always congested. Also don't recall his name, but the cruise director wasn't good.

Sounds like you might have had some bad luck. Rick said this is the third time that he is going on the Anthem and has always had excellent service just like myself and floatel_lvr had on our sailing.

This is going to be fun!

I love Anthem too and while you may be joking about the U.S. and its relationship to technology, I think there is some truth to it all! ;p Looking forward to the rest

Ahem Ahem. There's an easy way to solve this. Bring Anthem/Quantum-class to the West Coast and put up billboards about the speed tests for the wifi via satellite. I assure you, it is totally a selling point for anyone in a tech hub whose boss sees "Time off request - Cruise" in their inbox and has a minor melt down about lack of halfway decent internet access. Then just convert the Cafe Promenade to do some fancy coffee like pour over, raise the price 3x, and add more micro brews to the pub. Oh, and convert part of the buffet to vegan, vegetarian options, and add a surcharge for Solarium Cafe where they would offer acai and poke bowl bars.

It was definitely a younger crowd. Not necessarily a lot of children as I sailed prior to schools in the Northeast being let out for the Summer, but a lot more 20 somethings cruising with friends and families than you would normally see on a longer sailing. The Music Hall crowd was a lot of fun and I definitely enjoyed the nightlife on the Anthem. From a demographics perspective, it is one of my more enjoyable sailings in 2016.

Sounds nice. We're going in July so I suspect there will be more kids. Can't wait to experience Anthem for the first time!