Help us choose - Southern Caribbean Itinerary

My husband and I are trying to decide between the following two itineraries:

San Juan, St. Marten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados (6 ports)

San Juan, St. Thomas, Curacao, Aruba, St. Kitts (5 ports)

Everything but San Juan and St. Marten are new to us. We snorkel, but don't do scuba. I am leaning towards the first one because of the additional port and I have always wanted to go to St. Lucia. Aruba and Curacao are supposed to be beautiful though... Thought about doing a back to back, but decided against it.

Thanks!

Nicole

I have done both except on the first one we went to St. Croix rather than St. Kitts. We enjoyed them both and we have a favorite Island on both. We really like St. Lucia on the 1st and Aruba on the other. I am leaning toward telling you #2 because we enjoyed the extra sea day. :cool:

You can't really go wrong with any of the ports on either itinerary. To me the question comes down to Sea Day or Island Day. Me personally I prefer the Sea Day because I like the convenience of everything on the ship nearby and not worrying about leaving my stuff alone etc. I also like having a quiet place (I get cabins with balconies) to get away to if I want.

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.

PS if you're really into nice beaches then I suggest Aruba.

I prefer the second one. My very first cruise, we went to Aruba and Curacao. I have been to the other islands, but have yet made it back to those two. If you snorkel, then, in my opinion, there is a lot to see especially on Curacao. I also liked the "floating" bridge across the canal. That being said, I do not think you can go wrong with either choice.

I agree with just about everyone else you cannot go wrong with either of these. Do you want to have a really busy cruise with 6 port days or a more relaxing cruise with 5 port days.

When we were younger we always went for more ports, but as we have gotten older we do enjoy relaxing by the pool on sea days more than we used too.

Good luck with your choice and you will have a great time no matter which you choose.

Well the Snorkling Beach excursion in Antigua are great. But Aruba has nice beaches and part of the island has cactus. I think you should see Barbados and St Lucia as they have great island tours. Tell ya what do the 6 day and then next year do the other one. Good luck with decision.

They're both great, but I would choose the first one because I personally like to visit the most ports possible, rather than be stuck on the ship.

Antigua has my favorite beach (Valley Church) and St Lucia was my favorite island to tour because it is the most tropical looking and had so much to see and seemed more remote and less developed. Plus the pictures of the pitons are iconic, once you see them in person you will recognize them in every travel magazine photo showing exotic places to visit.

The second itinerary is good for snorkeling (but unfortunately is missing Bonaire, which is the best of the ABC's), but you've still got the A and the C, and they are both islands people enjoy.

I would suggest doing them both if you can swing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I are trying to decide between the following two itineraries:

San Juan, St. Marten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados (6 ports)

San Juan, St. Thomas, Curacao, Aruba, St. Kitts (5 ports)

Everything but San Juan and St. Marten are new to us. We snorkel, but don't do scuba. I am leaning towards the first one because of the additional port and I have always wanted to go to St. Lucia. Aruba and Curacao are supposed to be beautiful though... Thought about doing a back to back, but decided against it.

Thanks!

Nicole

As others have said....they are both fabulous itineraries. We do b2b to get all of the islands. I am not sure what dates you are looking at so can't confirm....but my guess is that with the first one you will have an all-aboard of 4:30-5:00 every day whereas with the second itinerary you will most likely stay later into the evening in Aruba and Curacao giving you time to do / see additional things and even do dinner off of the ship or experience a little "night life".