Overseas Flight Specials available all year now

What do you guys do when booking one way return flights from overseas? We are looking at our first one way cruise to Singapore and the return flights are a bit of a joke? Seems the fees and surcharges on a one way ticket into Aus is higher than a return ticket?

Yes, this can be a problem. Not sure why, in times where domestic air travel is all in single legs, there is a huge penalty for one-way international flights.

In 2014 we were planning a cruise - well 3 actually [b2B2B], from Seattle to Sydney & the one-way airfare to Nth America was very expensive, at least near to cost of a return ticket. We eventually bit the bullet & flew Air Canada Syd-Vancouver-Calgary. We considered the flight cost to be amortised over the full 42 days we were away :cool:.

Another option is to do a package deal. TA's advertise deals that include one-way flight, hotel, transfers & cruise, which can be economical. Do you homework though, In 2013 we were arranging such a package thru a TA for our Singapore-Sydney Voyager OTS cruise. When I enquired about the airline & flight details, turns out the deal advertised was for Jetstar - Sydney/Auckland/Singapore:eek: We were able to modify for the air to be Syd-Singapore direct on Singapore Airlines for a little extra.

Qatar( 2016 best business class airline award) under $6000 business class on major Web online site and just over direct with Qatar. Some really interesting code share fares particularly KLM.

$6000 OZ-UK and return on Qatar Business is a very good price, I would pay that now if I could, but too early to book for May out and July in. Have to wait until end of August to book.

:')

I have always found one way tickets from a foreign country very expensive compared to the price of a return ticket. Is purchase through the cruise line a possibility, or using ff points?

Otherwise TA packages cruise plus flight can be the way to go.

No savings booking through the cruise line, I checked and they didn't offer flexible fares [emoji20] FF points actually works out nearly the same plus it cost points! What a ripoff on this route.

What do you guys do when booking one way return flights from overseas? We are looking at our first one way cruise to Singapore and the return flights are a bit of a joke? Seems the fees and surcharges on a one way ticket into Aus is higher than a return ticket?

If you want a cheap flight back from Singapore, check Scoot, and then add a one way back from Sydney. I see flights for about $200 incl luggage&meal, plus the domestic connection. Can't complain about that!

My daughter and I flew separately through LAX from Sydney in 2015. On arrival at LAX, staff were checking everyone's boarding passes for connecting flights. If your connection was deemed too tight, you were given orange express passes to jump the queues. Worked a treat.

My daughter and I flew separately through LAX from Sydney in 2015. On arrival at LAX, staff were checking everyone's boarding passes for connecting flights. If your connection was deemed too tight, you were given orange express passes to jump the queues. Worked a treat.

Interesting, we flew Air NZ business class Syd-LAX last October, no fast pass for us to get through airport formalities, unlike other airports. Too many pax book flights with tight windows for transfer.:evilsmile:

Thai Airways are already offering business class return fares Syd-LHR-Syd for $6200 mid next year. Hopefully other carriers might match them.:cool:

I travelled Economy on Thai years ago, pretty ordinary, but might give them a go at the pointy end.

They fly the Boeing 747, Syd to BKK then the Airbus A380 BKK to LHR. Reasonable hotel prices too in Bangkok for a stop over.